No bottled Cole products at MK

captainkidd

Just as I am reading this, the nightly news on the television behind me is talking about how 1 can of pop a day can raise a man's chances of getting cancer by 20% due to all the sugar! Go figure!!! :hammer:

That isn't what I heard. I heard it was the caramel coloring, and it would actually take drinking about 1,000 cans of Coke per day to give you a higher risk of cancer.

I don't drink soda regularly anymore, simply because it's not good for you in any way. However, EVERYTHING nowadays can cause cancer, or so say the "experts". It's only a matter of time until we're told that drinking water can cause cancer. It's getting out of hand.

Here's an article about it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-cancer-warning-labels.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was alerted late last night by someone who got routed backstage at MK due to crowds on Main Street that there were pallets of Coke products stacked up backstage but absolutely nothing available for sale. This seems to confirm that it's not a supply issue, something else is going on.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Really strange. Coke doesn't seem the kind of company to have supply issues. I wonder if there is some kind of recall.
There has been a much overblown hub-bub about the caramel coloring used in Coke and Pepsi containing 4-methylimidazole. As a result both companies are having to tweak their formulas to avoid having to have to put a cancer warning label on their products. (I think the warning label applies only to California) This might have something to do with it, but there is only a correlation.

That isn't what I heard. I heard it was the caramel coloring, and it would actually take drinking about 1,000 cans of Coke per day to give you a higher risk of cancer.

I don't drink soda regularly anymore, simply because it's not good for you in any way. However, EVERYTHING nowadays can cause cancer, or so say the "experts". It's only a matter of time until we're told that drinking water can cause cancer. It's getting out of hand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-cancer-warning-labels.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
While it is yet to cause cancer, water in extreme quantities is known to kill much quicker. Google Hyponatremia for an interesting read.

Drebe73

Just as I am reading this, the nightly news on the television behind me is talking about how 1 can of pop a day can raise a man's chances of getting cancer by 20% due to all the sugar! Go figure!!! :hammer:

Thank You. Another reason illustrating how bad soda really is. Time to make a switch and have some water. Bring your own reusable bottle to the park and fill it with water again and again. It's better for your body and you can stay hydrated so you can rock your Disney adventure.

awhit066

I was alerted late last night by someone who got routed backstage at MK due to crowds on Main Street that there were pallets of Coke products stacked up backstage but absolutely nothing available for sale. This seems to confirm that it's not a supply issue, something else is going on.

Interesting. Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thank You. Another reason illustrating how bad soda really is. Time to make a switch and have some water. Bring your own reusable bottle to the park and fill it with water again and again. It's better for your body and you can stay hydrated so you can rock your Disney adventure.
If you are drinking the 1000 cans of Coke necessary to make 4-methylimidazole a cancer risk, it is safe to assume that you have bigger problems to worry about. Coke as a cancer risk is yet another "boy who cried wolf" story that will make people ignore credible threats.

rodserling27

This definitely can't be a supply issue, there's no way all of WDW or even all of MK just happen to run out of Coke. I am looking forward to the unraveling of this mystery!

captainkidd

While it is yet to cause cancer, water in extreme quantities is known to kill much quicker. Google Hyponatremia for an interesting read.

I think there's a reason why I've never once heard about that happening. Of course water can kill you - You can drown in it. But I've yet to hear from anyone dying from drinking too much of it.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think there's a reason why I've never once heard about that happening. Of course water can kill you - You can drown in it. But I've yet to hear from anyone dying from drinking too much of it.

Clearly you don't watch NCIS... It was a plot-line last week.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It happens more often that you think. Of course the only time it really hit the news wire was when it was connected to a popular game system.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2017536098_apwafranklininmatedeath.html

http://www.remembercynthia.com/Hyponatremia_BostonGlobe.htm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/

captainkidd

One of those stories is 5 years old, and another one is 10 years old. I'm sure any of us can google and find an article about someone dying of a hot dog overdose.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
One of those stories is 5 years old, and another one is 10 years old. I'm sure any of us can google and find an article about someone dying of a hot dog overdose.
And your point being? The simple fact it that it does happen from time to time regardless if you hear it or not. All I did was pull the first three news stories that came up on Google.

sweetpee_1993

Oh yes. Everything can kill you. Heck, breathing can kill you and it's sorta necessary. Like my old man says, you're on your path to death from the day your born. Live it up. And he's about to arrive at the big 4-0! :lookaroun:lol:

Just like anything else, here lies the wisdom in the term: "Everything in moderation."

When I order coffee at Starbucks I often get 'that look' from the Barristas because I like my coffee sweet....with Splenda. I order my trenta iced-coffee with 9 Splendas and an oatmeal with 4 Splendas. Then I announce that: yes, I like things sweet, yes, I have to watch my calorie intake, and, yes, if you ever hear of someone dying of Splenda-poisoning it was me. :lol:

Tigger#1

The article I read said that 1 twelve ounce can of soda a day over your lifetime would increase your risk of heart attack by 20%
As I always say life is gonna kill you someday anyway so just enjoy it before the bus hits you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom