No bottled Cole products at MK

awhit066

Has anyone been in the parks today and noted the presence/absence of Coke products? Has it been rectified or has it spread from MK to the other parks and resorts?

captainkidd

And your point being? The simple fact it that it does happen from time to time regardless if you hear it or not. All I did was pull the first three news stories that came up on Google.

My point being that ANYTHING can kill you. All these stories do is cause unnecessary panic. Mission:Space can kill you. Thunder Mountain can kill you. Choking on a chicken wing from the ESPN Club can kill you. Talking about how drinking too much water or soda can kill you is the same as posting a reply to someone's thread who just bought their airfare about any plane crashes that have occurred in the past 10 years. "Uh-oh....You bought tickets to fly??? Are you sure about that? Be careful. here, look what happened to this flight back in 2003. It crashed and everybody died on it!!!!"

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My point being that ANYTHING can kill you. All these stories do is cause unnecessary panic. Mission:Space can kill you. Thunder Mountain can kill you. Choking on a chicken wing from the ESPN Club can kill you. Talking about how drinking too much water or soda can kill you is the same as posting a reply to someone's thread who just bought their airfare about any plane crashes that have occurred in the past 10 years. "Uh-oh....You bought tickets to fly??? Are you sure about that? Be careful. here, look what happened to this flight back in 2003. It crashed and everybody died on it!!!!"
That was my point as well. The only difference between a cure and poison is dosage.

firekymmie

OK This is all true and nuts but think of this what are u actually eating that is in your veggies and fruit that the FDA wants you to down 20 times a day. But yet smoking and cola and mc donalds is bad for you come on. Anything and everything can klill you wait your slowly dying anyway have fun!!!! lol..

Now where is the coke bottles? are they being held hostage by the villians till they get a park of their own??????

John

I smoke , drink cola, drink water from a hose, stepped on a crack...which didnt break my mothers back. Went swimming right after I ate, Eat red meat atleast a couple times a week, will only eat white Albacore tuna, Am 51 yrs old......so by what "they" say I should have been dead years ago.

I am not over weight and can go Disney commando with the best of them.

Figment82

I just got back from a couple hours at Epcot and they had bottled Coke products at the cart outside of the Electric Umbrella (across from Pin Central). I saw a guy opening 2 cases of Diet Cokes as I walked past. That was the only drink cart that I consciously looked at, so I'm not sure if they're out in full supply or not.

Bolt

They had found mold in one of the bottles from a local distribution plant so they recalled the bottles and reordered fresh batches to prevent any other potential complaints. Disney was proactive in getting it off the shelves rather than assuming it was a one off.

MissM

Any Floridians notice coke products missing at their stores?
For what it's worth, I was at Target this evening and they had PLENTY of bottles of soda - everything from the single serve, to 6-pack of plastic bottle size, through the 1 liter, 2 liter, etc. There were a lot of empty shelves for Pepsi 12pk cans though but there is a 4/$11 sale on those so that might account for that.

The bottler for the area is in Lakeland; about halfway between Tampa and Orlando and handles both markets.

awhit066

They had found mold in one of the bottles from a local distribution plant so they recalled the bottles and reordered fresh batches to prevent any other potential complaints. Disney was proactive in getting it off the shelves rather than assuming it was a one off.

Glad to hear it! Mystery solved!:king:

tigsmom

California is the main catalyst in the reformulation. They have deemed one of the ingredients in the caramel coloring to be carcinogenic; to avoid having to put a black box on the label the manufacturers are tweeking the formulation.
This is not just Coke & Pepsi, but all sodas that use the coloring so I imagine others will follow suit if they want to be sold in CA.

I have Christmas tree lights that have a black box stating that some of the products used in the manufacturing process has been deemed to cause cancer IN California (so I guess I'm safe because I live in NY :rolleyes: ).

Too much of anything is not good for you, but I doubt anybody here will drink the needed amount in the specific time frame to cause harm.

captainkidd

Granted, this is just my personal experience, but it says a lot to me. I never had a fear that drinking soda would kill me. However, I don't eat horribly, am not obese (though I could stand to lose a few pounds), but I was always feeling weak and worn down. Just no energy. I drank about 2-3 cans of Coke per day and hardly any water. I started going to acupuncture, and there was a nutritionist there who told me if I wanted to start feeling better, stop drinking soda and start drinking water. This was back in November. Since then, I have all but cut soda out of my diet. I'll have one maybe every other week if we go to the movies, but with meals, only drink water. I feel 100 times better.

smw

but I was always feeling weak and worn down. Just no energy. I drank about 2-3 cans of Coke per day and hardly any water. I started going to acupuncture, and there was a nutritionist there who told me if I wanted to start feeling better, stop drinking soda and start drinking water.

I stopped drinking soda years ago. It's just so terrible for you... yet you see people everywhere pounding down multiple bottles a day even as little kids.

And at parks? I can't even imagine being in the sun all day, walking miles, and drinking a soda. I'd probably vomit- or at least want to.

captainkidd

I stopped drinking soda years ago. It's just so terrible for you... yet you see people everywhere pounding down multiple bottles a day even as little kids.

And at parks? I can't even imagine being in the sun all day, walking miles, and drinking a soda. I'd probably vomit- or at least want to.

Funny thing is, after a few weeks, you don't really even miss it.

tigsmom

Granted, this is just my personal experience, but it says a lot to me. I never had a fear that drinking soda would kill me. However, I don't eat horribly, am not obese (though I could stand to lose a few pounds), but I was always feeling weak and worn down. Just no energy. I drank about 2-3 cans of Coke per day and hardly any water. I started going to acupuncture, and there was a nutritionist there who told me if I wanted to start feeling better, stop drinking soda and start drinking water. This was back in November. Since then, I have all but cut soda out of my diet. I'll have one maybe every other week if we go to the movies, but with meals, only drink water. I feel 100 times better.

Most people do not realize just how important water really is and all the systems in the body it helps. I will continue to drink my diet coke (maybe a couple a week), but the bulk of my fluid intake is water with a bit of lime or lemon juice. :slurp:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

It really should be looked at as a treat and not a beverage that you have with every single meal or even everyday. We don't drink pina coladas (sans alcohol) at every meal, that would seem crazy, but somehow drinking pop at every meal has become the norm. :shrug:

captainkidd

We don't drink pina coladas (sans alcohol) at every meal, that would seem crazy, but somehow drinking pop at every meal has become the norm. :shrug:

Yeah, I mean, who would drink alcohol at every meal? That's just nuts.:lookaroun

Just kidding. And with that, my 4,000th post!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom