No bottled Cole products at MK

Captain Neo

Not true. Any doctor or dentist will say drinking TOO much pop is bad for your health. Everything in moderation is okay.

I have had two dentists in the past year who told me to cut out soda entirely. One of my family members is a physician and she gave me the same advice. I told all of them I drink maybe one can a day at most. The fact is soda will leech your bones, destroy your teeth, and wreak havok on your esophogus. I used to have really nasty acid reflux back in high school because I drank alot of soda then I gave it up for along time and the reflux pains went away. Even soda in moderation is bad for you wether some of you like it or not.

You do realize we are all dyin of exposure to something so just enjoy life

I do enjoy life but that doesn't mean we should do things that are detremental to our health. I think most people want to live long healthy lives and not have medical problems as they get older. To do that you avoid things like soda and cigerettes.

Pitchforkman

I have had two dentists in the past year who told me to cut out soda entirely. One of my family members is a physician and she gave me the same advice. I told all of them I drink maybe one can a day at most. The fact is soda will leech your bones, destroy your teeth, and wreak havok on your esophogus. I used to have really nasty acid reflux back in high school because I drank alot of soda then I gave it up for along time and the reflux pains went away. Even soda in moderation is bad for you wether some of you like it or not.

I do enjoy life but that doesn't mean we should do things that are detremental to our health. I think most people want to live long healthy lives and not have medical problems as they get older. To do that you avoid things like soda and cigerettes.

Correlation is not causation. Drinking one can a day will not do anything that your doctor family member said. It is like back in the 90s when doctors were saying that eggs will kill you. Pop in moderation will do none of that.

cr3346

Do you talk on a cell phone, do you drive a car, do you breathe? Everything you do is harmful, but I really doubt drinking some soda every know and then is more harmful than other things you do on a daily basis

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No bottled "Cole" products at MK

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to make Cole Slaw at the Magic Kingdom.

jasonfresta

nevermind the long term effects on your health...

i can't imagine the short term effects of walking around in the hot sun all day and thinking that soda is gonna quench your thirst or rehydrate you.

as far as this thread is concerned.. the long term health risks of soda are still up in the air... but it is a FACT that the 39 grams of sugar in one bottle of coke will do NOTHING for your stamina and hydration. argue all you want.

when we go to Disney.. we do the endurance thing.. we're there when the gates open.. and we're chewing the grass as they try to herd us out.

no room in our systems for soda... especially when the calories are better spent elsewhere. don't get me wrong.. i still drink coke or pepsi on occassion.. just not when i'm trying to drag my 31 year old a$$ around a massive park. i wouldn't even notice it missing.

chocolate covered frozen bananas....? i'd notice!

Pitchforkman

nevermind the long term effects on your health...

i can't imagine the short term effects of walking around in the hot sun all day and thinking that soda is gonna quench your thirst or rehydrate you.

as far as this thread is concerned.. the long term health risks of soda are still up in the air... but it is a FACT that the 39 grams of sugar in one bottle of coke will do NOTHING for your stamina and hydration. argue all you want.

when we go to Disney.. we do the endurance thing.. we're there when the gates open.. and we're chewing the grass as they try to herd us out.

no room in our systems for soda... especially when the calories are better spent elsewhere. don't get me wrong.. i still drink coke or pepsi on occassion.. just not when i'm trying to drag my 31 year old a$$ around a massive park. i wouldn't even notice it missing.

chocolate covered frozen bananas....? i'd notice!

I read on Yahoo that chocolate milk will actually do a better job than powerade in rehydrating and giving you energy

Tigger#1

I drink several sodas every day while at Disney and have never had a stamina problem so I guess I must have built up a tolerance in my 45 years.
BTW my DS wants to know exactly how much soda you have to drink to get the heroin high listed on the diagram?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I drink several sodas every day while at Disney and have never had a stamina problem so I guess I must have built up a tolerance in my 45 years.
BTW my DS wants to know exactly how much soda you have to drink to get the heroin high listed on the diagram?
I doubt you will ever catch that dragon. A large intake of sugar triggers your body to produce dopamine. Dopamine makes you happy. It is a nerotransmitter that plays a significant role in the brain reward driven learning system. You do something your body likes, it gets dopamine. We respond this way to sugar because our bodies have evolved to crave it due to it being a great source of energy that is surprisingly hard to find in the wild. The problem is that sugar is no longer rare in our environment. Thanks to modern farming it is now incredibly easy to find and our bodies have yet to catch up to this fact. There is another common drink that produces the same dopamine increasing effect that soda and heroin does......
orange-juice-diet.jpg

Captain Neo

Do you talk on a cell phone, do you drive a car, do you breathe? Everything you do is harmful, but I really doubt drinking some soda every know and then is more harmful than other things you do on a daily basis

Yes I do all of those things. But our disagreement is that I am saying drinking soda is significantly more harmful than those other things you mentioned (cell phone, car,etc.)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes I do all of those things. But our disagreement is that I am saying drinking soda is significantly more harmful than those other things you mentioned (cell phone, car,etc.)
Drinking soada excessively is a problem, a couple of cans a week for the average person (there are always exceptions) borders on harmless. While everything in the picture you pointed is true, from a certain point of view, the dosage simply is not there to cause harm.

Tigger#1

I doubt you will ever catch that dragon. A large intake of sugar triggers your body to produce dopamine. Dopamine makes you happy. It is a nerotransmitter that plays a significant role in the brain reward driven learning system. You do something your body likes, it gets dopamine. We respond this way to sugar because our bodies have evolved to crave it due to it being a great source of energy that is surprisingly hard to find in the wild. The problem is that sugar is no longer rare in our environment. Thanks to modern farming it is now incredibly easy to find and our bodies have yet to catch up to this fact. There is another common drink that produces the same dopamine increasing effect that soda and heroin does......
orange-juice-diet.jpg

The oj sounds good but in my case it doesn't taste very good mixed with burbon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom