Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

OG Runner

Hello All, I am a bit late to this discussion, but noticed it started in May of 2015 and I don't see that any of this has come to fruition in
over three years. Is there a possibility, by this time, they might be thinking of going in another direction? I mean have there even been
any changes to the KidZone, that were being mentioned?

Mike S

Hello All, I am a bit late to this discussion, but noticed it started in May of 2015 and I don't see that any of this has come to fruition in
over three years. Is there a possibility, by this time, they might be thinking of going in another direction? I mean have there even been
any changes to the KidZone, that were being mentioned?
It’s going to a new third park.

OG Runner

Cool, the Third Park construction, is beginning. It will be interesting to see what they come up with as actual
attractions. Mario Karts, I would think would be a given. I know there has been a lot of discussion against screen
rides, but how cool would it be if you could actually race others in your own kart. I would only think you would
need to use screens, given the injuries that would take place if you actually ran someone off the road to win. :D

GLaDOS

Also it's currently being built in Universal Japan.

Cool, the Third Park construction, is beginning. It will be interesting to see what they come up with as actual
attractions. Mario Karts, I would think would be a given. I know there has been a lot of discussion against screen
rides, but how cool would it be if you could actually race others in your own kart. I would only think you would
need to use screens, given the injuries that would take place if you actually ran someone off the road to win. :D

Mario Kart will be a physical ride, with screens in the background of physical sets. You will not actually "race", but it will feel like you are.

The other rides will be a Yoshi omnimover and a Donkey Kong coaster or thrill ride of some sort.

And then Zelda is heavily rumored to take over the Lost Continent

OG Runner

Also it's currently being built in Universal Japan.

Mario Kart will be a physical ride, with screens in the background of physical sets. You will not actually "race", but it will feel like you are.

The other rides will be a Yoshi omnimover and a Donkey Kong coaster or thrill ride of some sort.

And then Zelda is heavily rumored to take over the Lost Continent

That all sounds very cool. Do you know if any of the other discussions may have pictures of what those rides look like?
If not, do you think they may be on something like YouTube?

OG Runner

I went to the website linked and it says the Nintendo Land in Japan is not opening until 2020. Even if what we have seen of the third gate is actual construction, we can only hope it will be ready sometime in 2021. (I have no actual dates, I am estimating on the announcement for Nintendo Japan, and when it will be completed.)

Disneyhead'71

I went to the website linked and it says the Nintendo Land in Japan is not opening until 2020. Even if what we have seen of the third gate is actual construction, we can only hope it will be ready sometime in 2021. (I have no actual dates, I am estimating on the announcement for Nintendo Japan, and when it will be completed.)
Fall 2021 is the date that I have heard thrown around for the 3rd gate.

Bob Harlem

The studios was built in 3 years. Land clearing started in mid-late 1986, and it was targeted to open late fall 1989. (It got delayed to June 1990 do to construction issues, but film production was already going on in 89) Yes late 2021 is the target. Be aware it's just the park, not everything around it that has that target. Watch the area that gets the most attention first (that grading will be done before the rest is fully completed -- not everything planned for the area will be targeted for 2021, but the important bits will).

They had multiple designs ready to go based on what happened with the land, including Nintendo being at the third park (or not). They switched gears when it became apparent that the bigger plans for the third dry park were a go.

Last edited:

GLaDOS

The studios was built in 3 years. Land clearing started in mid-late 1986, and it was started to open late fall 1989. (It got delayed to June 1990 do to construction issues, but film production was already going on in 89) Yes late 2021 is the target.

They had multiple designs ready to go based on what happened with the land, including Nintendo being at the third park (or not). They switched gears when it became apparent that the bigger plans for the third dry park were a go.
Islands only took about 2 years to build.

With that being said, the mass grading on the land is not scheduled to be done until mid-2020. There's no conceivable way Park 3 is open in 2021.

OG Runner

So, in fact, all of the discussions about specifics of this project are just pipe dreams. It amazes me that the discussions on this subject will be going on for at least 7 years, or longer, before anything will actually be done.

GLaDOS

So, in fact, all of the discussions about specifics of this project are just pipe dreams.
...what? No. Super Nintendo World is going into Universal Orlando Park 3. It will include Mario Kart, Yoshi dark ride, and a Donkey Kong thrill ride. Uni park 3 will open somewhere between late 2021(doubtful)-early/mid 2023. Legend of Zelda will (probably) be taking over Lost Continent at Islands of Adventure

Mike S

Not all of it. As discussed in the last few pages Zelda is replacing Lost Continent at IoA. There may be some Nintendo used to replace Kidzone still. But a good chunk will be in the new park.
Yeah I know. I meant the Mario part which so far is the only thing that’s official.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom