Nineteen Eighty-Four Competition Arena

Flippin'Flounder

The Plot
Kirby will be based on the Kirby series, specifically Kirby's Adventure, but not completely. It will start with King Dedede at
the Fountain of Dreams (FoD), stealing the Star Rod. The Star Rod is one of the 6 Items of Power in the Nintendo Universe (Not really, but you see where I'm going with this :p) as it is the source of all dreams in the NCU. Next we see Kirby waking up from a dreamless sleep, which is quite unusual in Dreamland. Kirby goes to the FoD to see the issue, just as King Dedede is running away. Also running to the fountain is Bandana Dee, who talks to Kirby about the issue. They then set off to find King Dedede.
After fighting their way through Vegetable Valley, where they come across Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos, which Kirby
uses to copy, they must defeat Whispy Woods. After being defeated, tells them that King Dedede went to the Orange Ocean. To get to the Orange Ocean they must cross over Ice Cream Island to get there. On Ice Cream Island the stop to have some Ice Cream, when a horde of Chillys attack. This is when Kirby first uses his ice Copy ability. Finally, Kirby and Bandana Dee get to the Orange Ocean, where he fights Hot Heads, giving him the fire Copy ability. Soon they finds Meta Knight, who they must defeat to get to King Dedede. In the distance they see Mt. Dedede, and realize that that must be where he was headed.
Once they get to the mountain, Kirby realizes that he must fly up to the top to defeat King Dedede alone. During the battle
he does not use any Copy abilities, and ends up winning in the end. After the fight Kirby returns the Star Rod to the FoD, not relizing there is another villain trying to find it, along with the other Items of Power. Bandana Dee then throws a party at the FoD for Kirby, because he saved Dreamland. During a mid-credits scene Kirby runs into a Yoshi and takes his powers a la Super Smash Bros, as he has never seen one before, and assumes he is hostile.

The Cast and Director
All of the cast members will reprise their roles from the Kirby video games and television series.
Kirby- Makiko Ohmoto
Bandana Dee- Jason Griffith
King Dedede- Kenichi Ogata
Whispy Woods- Osamu Hosoi
Meta Knight- Atsushi Kisaichi
Director- Rich Moore

The Other Stuff
During this movie all characters will be CGI animation, however all the set pieces and backgrounds will be real. All the CGI
will be done in the style of Super Smash Brothers for Wii U. It will be produced by Illumination Entertainment, and distributed by Universal Studios. The release date will be December 10, 2017.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Week 4: Nintendo Goes Universal

tumblr_n6ze2aj8xU1t7b5qro1_1280.jpg

The Legend of Zelda is the first installment in the all-new Legend of Zelda film series. I chose this game as my project because I feel the impressive setting, epic sword-play and heroic characters (Zelda, IMO, is one bad-@$$ princess) would be a compelling form of film--maybe on par with other fantasies like Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings.

Anyways, let's focus on the movie. The Legend of Zelda is based upon the first game in the series. As the film opens, we learn that the Kingdom of Hyrule is engulfed in chaos after an army led by Ganon, the Prince of Darkness, invaded it and stole the Triforce of Power, a part of a magical artifact bestowing great strength. In an attempt to prevent Ganon from acquiring the Triforce of Wisdom, another of the pieces, Zelda, the princess of the kingdom, splits it and hides the eight fragments in secret dungeons throughout the land. Before the princess is eventually kidnapped by Ganon, she commands her nursemaid Impa to find someone courageous enough to save the kingdom. While wandering the land, the old woman is surrounded by Ganon's henchmen, though a young boy named Link appears and rescues her. After hearing Impa's plea, he resolves to save Zelda and sets out to reassemble the scattered fragments of the Triforce of Wisdom, to become powerful enough to defeat Ganon.

During the course of the movie, Link locates the eight underground labyrinths, defeats several guardian monsters, and retrieves the fragments. With the completed Triforce of Wisdom, Link is able to infiltrate Ganon's hideout, Death Mountain, eventually confronting the pig-like enemy and destroying him with a Silver Arrow. Link picks up the Triforce of Power from Ganon's ashes and returns both pieces of the Triforce to the rescued Princess Zelda, restoring peace to Hyrule.

Cast & Crew
Director...Chris Columbus*
Score...Hans Zimmer and Koji Kondo**

Zelda...Jennifer Lawrence
Link...Andrew Garfield
Ganon...Gerard Butler
Impa...Una Stubbs

*The reason I chose Columbus to direct The Legend of Zelda was because he was the one who directed Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. A fitting choice for a director, n'est pas?
**The original Kondo themes would be in the movie, albeit arranged by Zimmer. And the reason I chose Zimmer was because he can bring that thrilling yet regal feel to the music, as seen in The Lion King, Gladiator, The Prince of Egypt and the like.

Marketing
More than likely as part of the new Nintendo deal, there'd more than likely be a Hyrule-based land, complete with a Legend of Zelda dark ride. An idea for this dark ride was posted on the original SYWTBAI site, but I can't find the link on the Wayback Machine.

The Legend of Zelda would be released on February 21st, 2016 (the 30th anniversary of the original game's release date).

GMR710

Mario Kart the Movie
hqdefault.jpg

Here is a movie everyone born in the 80's and 90's have been waiting for. I chose this property because this is the first Nintendo game I ever had growing up and whenever my friends come over its still a go to game. I think the nostalgia factor will defiantly help boast this gross of this film. For anyone who loves The Fast and Furious and Wacky Racers comes an new film that takes you to exotic locales with all the comedy and drama you want.

Tagline: Take the Ride of your Life, But watch out for RED Shells!!!!

Release Date: August 19, 2017 ( I chose this date because I don't want the movie to get boxed out by some of the bigger films this summer like Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and the Spiderman reboot. The next summer is complete war fair with The Avengers and Jurassic World facing off again. I think August is the perfect month summer is winding down and most of the Tentpoles are out of the way. )

Cast:(The human roles will all be played with live actors where as the rest will be voices for the CGI characters)
Mario - Josh Gadd (To me he does have the look of Mario he has the comedy and I think you could see him ending up with the princess at the end.)
Luigi - Channing Tatum (I think putting the two of them together gives me a little 21 Jump Street vibe. He can be funny and I think him and Gadd would be the perfect duo to pull of the plumber brothers.)
Princess Peach - Amy Adams (We have scene her playing a princess before. After seeing her in both Enchanted and The Muppets I know she can do this part well.)
Bowser - Josh Brolin (After seeing him play Thanos in the marvel Movies I think he could take his voice to the next level playing the best Villain in all the Nintendo Universe)
Toad - Bradley Cooper (I would like to see him take what he took with Rocket and do it with Toad)
Yoshi - Kazumi Totaka (I would like him to continue being the voice of Yoshi)

Minor Roles Still being Cast

Director:
James Gunn - I chose him because I see the characters as a rag tag group just like the Guardians of the Galaxy which he did so well with. I think he can take these character and really do a great series with the Mario Characters. First Mario Kart next Mario Party.

Plot:
The film opens with someone turning on the tv it as if the audience it he gamer but it is an invisible force the helps move the action forward. We focus on the screen and we see Nintendo Logo spin around and the Mario Kart Logo will come up telling the viewers to hit start. It then changes to the list of all the racers which will be how we introduce which actor is playing which part like the picture below. Eventually they scroll over to Mario and clicks on him.

maxresdefault.jpg

Once he is clicked on we go to an animated only opening prologue to the story. Gadd will do a voice over and tell the viewers how he and Luigi got to the Mushroom Kingdom from Brooklyn. How they met there new friends and how he fell in love with Princess Peach. It concludes with him telling about his first battle and eventual win over Bowser.

We fade in to a sleeping Mario who has gotten a bit lazy since moving to the Mushroom Kingdom Luigi comes and wakes him up telling him its time to go they have a race in just a few minutes. We then cut to an over head view of Royal Raceway where the race is about to take place. Here we met the rest of the group as Yoshi and Toad are waiting for the brothers at the starting line freaking out because the race is about to start and they are now where to be found. Some of the other racers in the background include Donkey Kong, Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Shy Guy, Toadette, Birdo, and even a quick easter egg of Diddy Kong (possible spin off). The race begins of well for Mario as he takes and early lead but it ultimately starts to go bad as a unknown source sends a red shell after Mario. He quickly recovers that to some help from Toad and Luigi. They then go to the medal ceremony in front of Peach's castle where she presents Mario with the Star Cup and congratulates him on a job well done. But then the mystery rider who sent the red shell at Mario reveals himself to be of course Bowser. Bowser tries to steal the cup but again Mario stops him.

Bowser decides to throw a new challenge at Mario. He says that he will challenge Mario and whoever else would like to join to the special Cup. Whoever wins gets to take over Peach's Castle and the Mushroom Kingdom. Being very cocky since he just won the last series Mario quickly agrees much to the chagrin of his friends. Bowser says that only the top 6 will make it into the final race and they each will get ranked based off the finishes of the first 3 races. Later that night at the Star Party Luigi and Peach confront Mario and what he has just done. He tells them to relax he has got this he has been working on this new item which he hopes to have finished by the time the races start. We then cut to Bowser's Castle where he is looking over the four courses he has in front of them. Wario and Waluigi walk into the room and the question why Bowser would challenge the best racer in the whole Kingdom. Bowser laughs and says he has a plan and a new secret weapon (the online of a shell appears on his screen) He tells them both not to worry that even the best can't outrun this weapon.

We cut to the starting line of the first race which Dk's Jungle Parkway. The race goes very smoothy with Mario taking first and Bowser in second. Luigi and Toad finish out the top 4. It seems like all is going well until we get to the next race. We make it to Yoshi Valley. When Toad and Mario get into a wreck neither one can finish the race and they are giving the bottom two spots in the score. Bowser loves this as it moves him to first overall and knocks toad and Mario out of the top 6 with only one race left to qualify for the final race. Mario is furious at Toad blaming him for all the bad things that has happened to him while racing in criticizing his idea for this new weapon that still does not work. Toad being so upset leaves and of course runs into Bowser who tells him that Mario is holding him back and that Toad could be a much better racer if he got a way from him.

The next day at the Banshee Boardwalk Toad shows up with a Team Bowser jacket. Mario is furious that his friend would backstab him and go to the enemy. Another fight between the two erupts which Luigi breaks up reminding Mario that he has to place at least in the top 3 in order to make it into the next race. Mario leaves Toad and says he will see him on the track. The race begins and it does not look good for Mario as most of the other racers are trying to keep him out of the final race. Luigi and him work together and are able to get third and fourth respectively with Bowser winning the round and Toad beating out Mario for second. Bringing the score board as followed 1. Bowser 2.Daisy 3.Wario 4.Luigi 5. Toad 6.Mario.

Mario tries to apologize for the way he has acted to Toad but Bowser interrupts and lets Mario know either he win of Bowser gets the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario he has no worries he has the best new weapon and Bowser better watch out to which Bowser laughs. Bowser asks Mario if he is confident why no raise the stakes whoever loses will be a servant to the winner. Mario reluctantly agrees. Toad realizing Bowser was just using him for help in his weapon decides to go back to Mario and help he finish the weapon for the final race.

He we are at the final race R
AINBOW ROAD the longest and toughest track in Mario Kart. Bowser starts off with an early lead but Mario is just behind him. Mario gets a red shell and is able to hit Bowser which knocks him down to fourth. Bowser just laughs and shakes it off. Heading into the final lap Mario leads with Toad and Bowser. As they are heading into the final run Bowser lets out his secret weapon the Spiny shell which is locked and loaded just on Mario. Toad yells to Mario of the headset to watch out and use the special weapon. Just as the shell is about to hit Mario he hits the button to turn on the STAR POWER the shell is deflected and Mario is able to keep going. But a few feet shy of the finish line Mario slows down. Toad asks him what he's doing he says I'm doing this for you. Toad comes in first with Mario just behind in second and Bowser comes in third. Toad wins the series and comes in first overall. Mario is satisfied with this as Toad becomes the rightful ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom and Bowser is his servant from now on.

We end the movie at the coronation of Toad as he is given the castle and crown of the Mushroom Kingdom. Peach gives Mario a kiss and being free from ruling the Kingdom they can finally move in together and get married. The final scene plays out just like below and we cut to black and the credits role.

Hope you like it !!!!!!!

DinoInstitute

HoH Challenge 4- Nintendo Goes Universal
@IDInstitute's Submission

So, this challenge was a bit tricky for me, not being all that knowledgeable about Nintendo and games, but I figured I might as well give it a shot anyway. Trying to come up with a good franchise to use, I scoured this list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Nintendo_franchises, and one of them caught my eye as it is a pretty unique way to go... The Wii Video Game series. No big cinematic universe, just a film based off of a game of this franchise. With that, I am proud to present a new film coming out next summer... Universal and Nintendo are partnering for...

23roh34.png
That's right! This film is based off of the Wii Video Game series, more specifically Wii Sports Resort. The game itself doesn't really have much of a story at all, more just a collection of mini games and activities. So, this movie creates its own adventure set in this world, and while it is much more than just the sports and activities, they certainly play a huge role and are featured in the movie.

Story:

The film starts off back at the mainland in the city of Boston, where two of the main characters are gathered at a coffee shop. Matt Irven Indell (Initials spelling out 'Mii', a reference to how all of the characters in these games are 'Miis'), our protagonist, has met up with his close friend Colby Goldberg. It's the summer, and these young college kids are more or less looking for something to do with their lives for the summer. They share stories and have had a few laughs, but they want to go do something more fun. That's when Colby tells Matt about this timeshare his father has. "It's this pretty nice resort...I've been a few times with my family, it would be awesome to go with you, but the thing is it's just so expensive". However, they decide to continue and look into it. And despite the price, they go for it!

A few weeks later, they are flying over to this luxurious island resort. Upon landing, they are taken away by how amazing it all looks, with the stylistic buildings, a beautiful coast, and very nicely-cut golf courses, all surrounded by the magnificent volcano.
latest

Pilotwings_Wuhu_Island_2.jpg

1066385-wii_sports_resort_wii_025.jpg

It's the first day, and they are already loving the atmosphere of the island. After checking into their hotel (For reference, I think the hotel is the building on the far right of the first two images above), they immediately start on their way to explore the island. In the lobby, however, they meet a new character, Jenna Michaels. She just got there the same day, and is traveling on her own. After meeting her however, she says she has to leave, and hopefully they'll meet again sometime.

Matt and Colby start touring the island. There's a whole array of activities for them to do, and they are featured briefly. However, the important sport in this scene is the 'swordfighting', which after hearing about they make their way over to it quickly to try to catch it. When they get there, they only see the last fight. All they know about it is that some guy who they aren't quite sure who he is, is against someone named Liam, who definitely seems to be the fan favorite. With a nifty sword swipe, Liam knocks the other guy off, and has won. The audience bursts into cheers.

wiisportssword.jpg

That's when Colby remembers something, and shares with Matt. "That's Liam Abbott...He lives on this island with his father, they own the whole resort complex. I remember him from last time...He's loved here. I never met him, but I've never really liked how full of himself he seems to be".

What Matt starts to realize over the course of the next few days of the trip, and Colby starts to remember, is that, while there are many fun sports and activities that vacationers love to partake in on their trip, it is actually quite a competitive island.

Later on at night, Matt and Colby separate a bit. While Matt prefers the calm, relaxing vacation, Colby starts to get fired up competitively at this point, and goes to a public bike race in the town (another actual sport from the game).
hqdefault.jpg

However, Matt stays back at the hotel side of the island and goes for a walk. He starts getting near the volcano, when he passes Jenna. She seems to be in a hurry, but stops to chat. They end up talking and walking for a while (Hollywood romance anyone???), but the biggest thing is that key plot points are revealed during this convo... Matt (as well as the viewers) learn that Jenna isn't really there for vacation, but is actually a scientist and is there for work. She tries not to reveal too much along these lines, but wants to tell more. "I really should be going soon...I have to meet with Mr. William Abbott" "Wait, is he one of the owners of this island?" Jenna continues on, "Yeah, the father...he sent me and a few others here to look around. I really should go talk to him..." Matt keeps pestering on about what is going on with the island, but she doesn't give away much more.

Meanwhile, over at Colby's race, after a short 3 mile race throughout the town, it comes to a close. Colby doesn't really come close to winning, but he notices that Liam has. This angers Colby for some reason. He goes to talk to him in a bit of a confrontational way, but Liam doesn't mind, in fact, he seems rather amused. Liam questions Colby whether he thinks that he could actually win some sort of sport, and Colby is upset at this. They end up deciding to have a one on one archery game the next evening (Archery chosen because I believe that is the most popular sport in the game...though I could be wrong :p But also for another reason which will come into play later).

After an evening of pondering about that conversation from the day before, Matt seeks to find Jenna to find out more. Knowing she's at the hotel, he waits in the lobby until he eventually sees her. "Matt, I really need to go now. Some of my coworkers called me over to the convention center in town, they said it's really important." "But what is it that's so important?!" She sighs, looks down, and then back up at him. "We were called here to look at the island for safety reasons, do a bit of research...and, well,.. We think the volcano on this island is active, and could erupt at anytime." Matt is taken by surprise at this. She goes on, "William is considering having the island evacuated. We are still trying to confirm and make sure that this is right, but...I guess we'll see"

As the day goes on, eventually we see Colby and Liam meet at the hillside for a game of archery. Liam makes sure that Colby is actually up for the challenge, but of course he doesn't back down. He then starts to explain the course. "There are several targets along a path, each getting harder as we go on. We'll start on this hillside, go past the bridge, near the rocks, and finally a final target at the base of the volcano."

Next, we have a scene with William, Jenna, and the other scientists. They confirm their findings. "Unbelievable!", William shouts as he slams his hands on the table. After a few seconds of calming down, he says, "Well, knowing this, we can't just let it sit there. We'll have to take action..." "What is that supposed to mean?", one of the scientists asks. "I'm afraid we'll have to evacuate everyone from the island asap...It'll be hectic and we'll have a lot of angry guests, but, I mean, what choice do we have?"

Soon later alarms sound, and announcements are made throughout the island to get any personal items you have traveled with and take them to the dock for departure. Matt is stunned, and gets his things, though he can't find Colby anywhere.
(He and Liam of course are still over on the quiet side of the island, continuing archery, not knowing what's going on).

Thinking they are at the dock already, that's where Matt goes to look for them. He is annoyed (but mostly worried) that he can't find Colby anywhere. That's when he runs into Jenna. He explains he can't find them, asks if she knows anything. She gets worried too that they are leaving people behind. In addition, William ends up coming over to them and asks if any of them know where Liam is. Matt shares they are together, probably deep in the island playing archery. The boats are starting to leave. They get worried. William says he can hold one, but they have to hurry and get them.

Jenna and Matt then rush to the archery targets looking to find them. They are almost done, but they are at the most treacherous (and most famous from the game...though I can't seem to find a picture of it anywhere) target yet- The one inside the volcano, at the base of it. They are rushing there, but worry they won't make it in time. Then they see them...

Colby is shooting first, but right when he is about to let go, he hears the yells from Jenna and Matt. This messes up his shot, and his arrow ends up hitting a rock that falls into the lava, making the volcano rumble a bit.
Matt explains what is going on and yells for them to hurry and come. Jenna further expresses that this is not a joke... Hurry! Colby seems to understands and starts to leave, but that's when Liam says, "Ha, I knew you couldn't handle it and would quit". Matt tried to explain that this is serious, but Liam is in denile. "No. No... This is my island. This can't happen to it... I didn't pour millions of dollars into it for this... My whole life has been built upon this... No, I'm staying to win this archery match!". All three of them beg him to come...and he eventually caves and stars to try to get out. But, then they hear the grumbling of the volcano again. And worry if it's too late! Now they all are rushing back to the boat William is holding, but the scientists and captains are saying they need to leave. It's an intense final scene, I promise!

Eventually, they do make it of course. After a short scene of them exhaling on the boat, the screen goes back. The credits roll.

Talk about sequel potential! :D
Main Cast:

Matt Indell- Dylan O'Brian

Liam Abbott- Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Jenna Michaels- Ellen Page

Colby Goldberg- Shawn Pyfrom

William Abbott- Colin Firth

Director: Josh Trank

Marketing:

During the release of this movie, there will be several marketing tactics to boost popularity. A brand new rebooted version of the game will be released, simply called "Resort Sports", and will be available on all Nintendo game systems. In addition, there will a new sweepstakes, where you and three guests have the opportunity to win an all-expense payed 4-day 3-night trip to Universal Studios Orlando, staying at the brand new Loews Saphire Falls Resort! No purchase necessary. Many will enter, few will win.

Well, that's it, thanks for reading everybody! I hope you found this movie exciting & interesting! If not, hopefully my ideas for the veto will be a little more enticing... ;)

(Also, sorry if the end feels a little rushed, I didn't give myself enough time and was trying to finish it up during the commercials while I watch BB :p)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
@Flippin'Flounder

Creativity: 8/10 Kirby definitely isn't the first franchise I'd think of. Nice job there.
Realism: 6/10 It's the "CGI characters over live action settings" that gives me a bit of pause.
Detail: 7/10 Just fine
Presentation: 7.5/10 Good logo and text color choices.

Total: 28.5/40

@DisneyManOne

Creativity: 6/10 This is easily the most conventional choice of the bunch.
Realism: 8.5/10 But with it being conventional, I can easily see it actually being made.
Detail: 6/10 Not a ton to chew on. I do like your choices for cast and director though!
Presentation: 7/10 What's there is just fine.

Total: 27.5/40

@GMR710

Creativity: 9/10 You took a rather "out there" IP and completely made it work within the live action landscape. Great job.
Realism: 7/10 Not entirely sold on Channing Tatum as Luigi. Josh Gaad as Mario could work though. For some reason in the picture Toad looks way more like Seth Green than Bradley Cooper ;)
Detail: 8/10 The plot and choices in direction were very well explained.
Presentation: 9/10 Hilarious picture showing the line-up of racers!

Total: 33/40

@IDInstitute

Creativity: 7/10 I appreciate going with a non-conventional IP, but this whole thing felt like a mid 2000s goofball comedy with very little reverence for Nintendo.

Realism: 4/10 It'd SHOCK me if this were the first Nintendo movie to hit it big ;)
Detail: 9/10 Having said that, you laid everything out very well.
Presentation: 6/10 Left something to be desired. Not a lot of flair behind it...

Total: 26/40

Here's our standings with just my scores.

1. @GMR710 (33/40)
2. @Flippin'Flounder (28.5/40)
3. @DisneyManOne (27.5/40)
4. @IDInstitute (26/40)

And now we wait for @JokersWild's scores.

JokersWild

Have some reviews:
@Flippin'Flounder - Kirby
I'd like to start out by saying that Kirby is a very interesting choice. While Kirby is one of the most well known Nintendo character, I don't feel as though it's really in the front of the minds of who want more Nintendo movies, which is rather odd, as it could work rather well, especially if utilizing some of the ideas from the anime.

Generally, this film seemed to work. The only concerns that I really have is that I felt that the story was too close to the structure of a video game rather than a film. It just seemed like Kirby was going to various areas and fighting hordes of Kirby enemies without much of a story developing. There's really a ton of places a Kirby movie could go, where you wouldn't have to use the game as a crutch of sorts, especially if you looked more into the anime.

I did like the NCU tie-in, but the 6 Items of Power seemed a bit too Marvel-y, if that makes sense. I still think that you could only properly establish an NCU with a Smash Bros film acting as the central film, but that's just me.

The animation style worries me as well. CGI over actual backgrounds sounds a bit odd for a feature film. It works in small doses, like in Gumball, but I'm not entirely sure it'd work in a 90 minute film.

Casting was really the only other thing that worried me, as you had quite a few Japanese voice actors. I'm not entirely sure if they voiced the characters in the American dub of the Kirby anime, but that's something you'd definitely have to take into consideration.

Great project nonetheless.
Creativity - 7.5/10: Really my only problem here is that you relied too heavily on the source material, if that makes sense.
Realism - 6/10: Just a small hit because I'm slightly iffy on the casting, as well as the animation style.
Detail - 8.5/10: No problem here.
Presentation - 7/10: No problem here.
Total - 29/40

@DisneyManOne - The Legend of Zelda
As tiki mentioned, Zelda is a rather obvious choice, but you did it rather well.

Really the only thing that disappointed me was that I really feel as though this would have worked either as an adaptation of Ocarina of Time, or at least utilized the more modern Zelda universe. There was a huge opportunity missed in not featuring Gorons, or Zoras, or the other Zelda races. While basing it off of the original Zelda does allow you to do a lot of different things, due to the game's ambiguity, you still stuck very close to the actual sequence of events of the game, which was rather disappointing.

Everything else looked fine, though Andrew Garfield as Link sounds a bit odd to me.
Creativity - 7/10: Zelda's rather obvious, and you honestly didn't do a ton with it.
Realism - 8.5/10: Probably the most realistic of the bunch.
Detail - 6/10: As tiki said, there could have been more detail.
Total - 28.5/40

@GMR710 - Mario Kart the Movie
This is a really odd concept, though certainly good.

You've essentially created a Mario-based Fast and Furious, and I'm not sure I feel about that. On one hand, it sounds like an incredible concept, on the other hand, it doesn't seem like it would really work as a Nintendo film.

Casting is fine, though I do agree about Channing Tatum being miscast as Luigi.

All in all, it's a good concept, but not necessarily realistic.
Creativity - 9/10: Certainly an original concept, especially with the direction you took.
Realism - 6/10: I can see a Mario Kart film, but I can't see it being done like your project.
Detail - 8.5/10: No problem here
Total - 30.5

@IDInstitute - Wii Sports Resort
I like that you went with a different choice, but it just didn't work for me. As tiki mentioned, this felt like a teen dramedy, and not a Nintendo film, which was the point of the project.

I dunno. I don't have a ton to say about this. It was just a misstep, I feel. There are A TON of Nintendo IPs out there, and I feel you missed an opportunity to really try to play with one of them.

This certainly wasn't bad, I think with a bit of tweaking it could turn into something really interesting.
Creativity - 7/10: My sentiments are the same as tiki's
Realism - 4/10: This is probably the last thing Nintendo would try to put out as a film.
Detail - 9/10: You certainly went into great detail.
Total - 27/40

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
This week's rankings

1. @GMR710 (63.5/80)
2. @Flippin'Flounder (57.5/80)
3. @DisneyManOne (56/80)
4. @IDInstitute (53/80)

Sat Out
@Brer Panther
@mickeyfan5534 (on vacation)

Did Not Compete
@Basketbuddy101 (Outgoing Head of Household)

Which means congratulations @GMR710, you have become this week's Head of Household! Outgoing HoH @Basketbuddy101 has granted @Flippin'Flounder Nomination Immunity, so please announce two other nominations other than him. As always, FF may still go up on the block should the Veto be used on one of the initial nominees.

@GMR710, please announce your nominations in this thread ASAP!

DinoInstitute

There are A TON of Nintendo IPs out there, and I feel you missed an opportunity to really try to play with one of them.
That was actually pretty intentional...I'm really not all that into video games, so if I tried to do something else I feel like I really wouldn't have been able to nail down what the IP is about. So this was the safest I could do :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom