Nineteen Eighty-Four Competition Arena

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
To be fair, I did watch about a half hour's worth of a camcorder copy...and I honestly didn't hate what I saw. There's elements there that I appreciate, so it'll be interesting to see Dragon deconstruct it!

I did love Trank's first film, "Chronicle". Probably the best "found footage" movie since the original Paranormal Activity, and the best original take on the superhero genre since The Incredibles.

DisneyManOne

And now we play the waiting game with @JokersWild!

giphy.gif

Tiki, you have no idea how much this made me laugh.

For those of you who don't know, he's referencing a quote from the Simpsons episode "Mr Plow": "And now we play the waiting game......meh, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos."

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
By a vote of two to three, @gilm0114, you have been evicted from the Nineteen Eighty Four House.

Houseguests participating in this week's Head of Household competition are.

@IDInstitute
@Brer Panther
@GMR710
@Flippin'Flounder
@DisneyManOne

@mickeyfan5534 is on vacation and he has requested to sit out this week. As outgoing Head of Household, @Basketbuddy101 is not eligible to compete. Also, now that were down to seven people it's worth noting that every Houseguest evicted from this point forward will be a part of the Jury who will help crown the winner! There will be five jurors along with two final Houseguests when all is said and done.

Week Four Head of Household Competition
Nintendo Goes Universal (Part One)

Bob-Hoskins-from-the-Super-Mario-Bros.0.0.jpg

For those of you who don't like the movie making challenges...this might not be your strongest week! I'll lay everything out front for you so you know what to expect. For the Head of Household competition, houseguests must pitch a film for Universal based on a Nintendo franchise. As always they must choose a director and any casting they wish, as well as lay out a story and any marketing. To make things extra interesting, I'm going to have a rule that your film CANNOT be entirely animated. It can definitely have large elements of CGI, and much like something like Avatar is allowed to contain almost no physical human actors as I realize certain lucrative IPs such as Star Fox would require that...but you still must set your film within the landscape of "live action" film making, keeping in mind that in the digital age the line between live action and animated is getting increasingly blurred!

Be sure to work extra hard on this pitch, because for the Power of Veto competition players will be asked to not only make a Nintendo attraction for Universal...but specifically make an attraction based on the movie you pitch for this competition! With that in mind, you should think extra long and hard about exactly what you wish to do.

Goodluck Houseguests. This project is due Thursday, August 12th at 10 PM Eastern. Congrats again on making jury!

DinoInstitute

Be sure to work extra hard on this pitch, because for the Power of Veto competition players will be asked to not only make a Nintendo attraction for Universal...but specifically make an attraction based on the movie you pitch for this competition! With that in mind, you should think extra long and hard about exactly what you wish to do.
What happens if you sit out this challenge?

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
What happens if you sit out this challenge?

Mickeyfan won't be participating in Veto either, so he won't have to worry about it. If one of the other five people doesn't submit then they'll have to at least give a brief synopsis, casting, and a director for their Veto project to be valid. Come to think about it, @Basketbuddy101 it might be a good idea for you to submit something for this challenge even though you can't win HoH in that regard, though it's totally up to you.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Oh, lord... I don't know who could make a good live-action Mario...

Doesn't have to be Mario! You can use any franchise you want, as long as it made its first appearance on a Nintendo system (which means third party titles like Mega Man, Castlevania, and Metal Gear still count...hint hint... ;) )

DinoInstitute

Yeah back on page one
One other rule. Because of the nature of Big Brother it might not be in the best interest to win every competition. For that reason I'm introducing a "Sit Out" rule. Each houseguest will have three "sit outs" throughout the season that they can use to opt out of participating in a challenge. Houseguests must inform me of wanting to sit out within 24 hours of the challenge being posted. All houseguests will be on a three strike program for not submitting projects without sitting out. Once three strikes are up, all missing projects will result in an automatic nomination.

Also, this is what my avatar is referencing.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Just know that you're allowed to sit out, but because of the unique structure of this particular round sitting out means you'll have to put extra work into the Veto project.

Brer Panther

You know what? I've given it some thought, and I decided that I will sit this round out. I'm really not satisfied with my project at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom