"Night Kingdom" gets media attention

Enderikari

All that news report does is show that WFTV is the Televised Version of the Orlando Slantinel. They didn't do any research, they read about it on the internet, got a bunch of unconfirmed reports from front-line cast members who really have no idea what's going on, and put it on the news without any correllating evidence. They are journalistic shlock, and last night, they proved it

brkgnews

Their article says "internet bloggers claim if the park is built, it would be adjacent to the Pleasure Island nightclub area." Maybe they're confusing things with the claim that Adventurers Club *might* move to where the new park is and serve as an entrance? They probably just saw "AC" and thought "OMGGZ teh park is on teh plazur islandzzz!!!!111eleventyone."

Pete C

Blowing money on this when it could be spent on several E-Ticket attractions at their existing parks is insane. It's just crazy.

jakeman

Blowing money on this when it could be spent on several E-Ticket attractions at their existing parks is insane. It's just crazy.
Or an innovative financial move with a unique guest experience. We'll just have to wait and see and withhold judgement until we can experience it ourselve.

brkgnews

Or an innovative financial move with a unique guest experience. We'll just have to wait and see and withhold judgement until we can experience it ourselve.
Especially given that, due to the expected high-tier ticket cost (rumored at $250-300), it might lure in a more loose-wallet clientele that could also decide to visit the traditional parks at the same time and blow some cash there, too.

Pete C

Based on the idea of the concept they are putting out there, I just don't see adults spending that kind of money to see animals no matter how up close and personal you get with them. It's also open only at night? That further limits attendance. At least Discovery Cove is half that price and open all day.

It sounds like more of a smaller scale, compliment to Pleasure Island. maybe even scaled down to be an addition to pleasure island, or part of a re-do of the island. It didnt sound like there were plans for anything more than an Adult,some version of a daily adult fun park , with Climbing Walls, Simulators, etc. and other "adult style" past times. I may have read all the on line rumpors wrong, but people on here have made it sound like an entirely new theme park. I have'nt read anything like that. Adding more to Pleasure Island, and making it more than a Island of bars sounds like a good Idea.

WaltsApprentice

What wait...didn't you know that this is the site for passing Judgement earlier before something isn't even done yet???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: example SSE threads:zipit: lol :lol: I'm just kidding...

PKD

Their article says "internet bloggers claim if the park is built, it would be adjacent to the Pleasure Island nightclub area." Maybe they're confusing things with the claim that Adventurers Club *might* move to where the new park is and serve as an entrance? They probably just saw "AC" and thought "OMGGZ teh park is on teh plazur islandzzz!!!!111eleventyone."

I think JHM first said that it would be located across from PI. This was mentioned in the thread that was closed yesterday or the day before. I'm not sure where they are thinking as right now you have Team Disney and the cast parking lot across from PI.

brkgnews

I've heard a site southwest of MK, along the "perimeter road," if you will (which, admittedly, might be the "north of AK" site they mention).

PigletIsMyCat

If it enables me to pet a big cat, I'll start saving as soon as it's announced. People WILL pay for animal interactions like that. Animal Kingdom is great, don't get me wrong, but the chance to actually get close to a wild animal is a dream many people have.

aaron2525

i hate to speak for Walt...but he wouldnt have liked this idea. i feel he would have like as many people to be able to afford to get into his theme parks. booh disney a terrible idea, and like so many have said before the money could be used elsewhere. 70 dollars for a ticket to DHS when it only takes a few hours to experience it...hmmm get some more etickets and attractions in that place. :(

raven

Was there ever a second source for the Night Kingdom rumor? Or is this purely based off of Jim?

Someone on these boards were reading ideas that members had about a night time park. I even mentioned something as well. And a few weeks later it's suddenly on JHM. If we only had that power!

Go figure though: Jim Hill :rolleyes:

JasonP

If it enables me to pet a big cat, I'll start saving as soon as it's announced. People WILL pay for animal interactions like that. Animal Kingdom is great, don't get me wrong, but the chance to actually get close to a wild animal is a dream many people have.

I with you on that one!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom