1642126834350.png

1642126856539.png

1642126894538.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Top streams for the whole year of 2021...

View attachment 615631

View attachment 615632

View attachment 615633

Very happy to see Luca as the top streamed movie of the year. I honestly don't often re-watch movies too much, but I have surprised myself by watching Luca a few times this year and think it might be one of my favourite Pixar movies despite being one of the more low-key ones.

Also fantastic to see Coco stay in the top-15! Yet another indication Disney needs to do more with it in the parks... or at least WDW!

doctornick

Not that I necessarily think that they will get enough views to appear on this chart, but I would guess the Netflix Marvel shows that are going to appear on Disney+ will be considered in the "acquired" category, right?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not that I necessarily think that they will get enough views to appear on this chart, but I would guess the Netflix Marvel shows that are going to appear on Disney+ will be considered in the "acquired" category, right?
It depends on how they consider "acquired", does it mean owned by someone else and then purchased to be reshown on the streamer. Or does it mean second run no matter who owns it? What about shows that didn't originate on the streamer but the parent company who originally produced the show is now owned by the streamer, such as Fox content now owned by Disney. And what about shows that didn't originate on a streamer but has since been picked up by the streamer for new seasons, where does that fall?

Simpsons for example on D+ was originally under acquired content even though Disney has owned it for 3 years now. But Lucifer is under originals, even though it originated elsewhere, which should mean it should be under acquired if following the Simpsons logic but its not. The same with Cobra Kai, its under originals also even though it originated on Youtube. Makes me think that Nielsen skews toward Netflix in a lot of their metrics.

Nielsen has always been a black box on how their metrics are gathered and what criteria they use. And they don't even break things out by seasons of multi-season shows, they tend to lump everything together, which gives false numbers in my opinion.

Long story short, we just won't know until they show up on Nielsen charts.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
DareDevil did appear for a week on the charts around the time No Way Home hit theaters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom