Nielsen Streaming Ratings

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1620330628888.png

1620330651735.png

1620330673581.png

doctornick

Question: does the myriad of Disney shows on D+ (stuff from Disney Channel or Disney Jr or Disney XD, etc) count in the "acquired" category since Disney has produced and owned them? "Acquired" seems more like shows that are licensed to a service from another party but I'm not sure if self owned products would "count".

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Question: does the myriad of Disney shows on D+ (stuff from Disney Channel or Disney Jr or Disney XD, etc) count in the "acquired" category since Disney has produced and owned them? "Acquired" seems more like shows that are licensed to a service from another party but I'm not sure if self owned products would "count".
Dunno.

BrianLo

Original Poster
I am always impressed that Moana is always the top Disney+ movie for streaming, such a good film and has legs!

This forum tends to really underestimate how strong that movie is for Disney. It's definitely amongst the "Big Three" for the Disney Revival - popularity wise. Frozen, Frozen 2 and Moana.

An entire generation will be nostalgic for that movie as Millenials are for the Little Mermaid. Which likely means it warrants better representation.

doctornick

This forum tends to really underestimate how strong that movie is for Disney. It's definitely amongst the "Big Three" for the Disney Revival - popularity wise. Frozen, Frozen 2 and Moana.

An entire generation will be nostalgic for that movie as Millenials are for the Little Mermaid. Which likely means it warrants better representation.

And as something I mentioned in another thread: despite having a female lead, it's a pretty gender neutral film, particularly with Maui being a fun, memorable character. I think that helps with it having a wider appeal.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I'd say Tangled, Frozen and Moana are three of the all-time greats in the Disney canon. Of any era.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
We welcome Cruella to the top ten list for streamed movies. And, Spongebob takes away Netflix's lock on the top ten acquired shows. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom