NFL 2024 Season Discussion Thread (Current Champs: Kansas City Chiefs)

mf1972

IMG_4504.gif

lions in the 1st half
IMG_4506.gif

lions in the 2nd half

Lilofan

When the Seahawks make it back to the NFC Championship in this decade they can start talking about the 12th man again, until then they can sit down.

They should be concentrating on finding a new head coach.

;)
Back when Seattle was winning like 10 years ago, their fans registered the loudest crowd noise in a sporting event at their home stadium. There was a lot to cheer about at that time. The visiting teams had a number of false starts due to the deafening fan noise.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Back when Seattle was winning like 10 years ago, their fans registered the loudest crowd noise in a sporting event at their home stadium. There was a lot to cheer about at that time. The visiting teams had a number of false starts due to the deafening fan noise.
Oh I’m well aware. But they barely have anything to cheer about these days, and lost that distinction of being the “12th man” and hasn’t been really effective since around the last time they made the NFC Championship. Which incidentally is also when the “Legion of Boom” started to be broken up.

Dad 2 M & M

That might have been back in the Kingdome days
Oh I’m well aware. But they barely have anything to cheer about these days, and lost that distinction of being the “12th man” and hasn’t been really effective since around the last time they made the NFC Championship. Which incidentally is also when the “Legion of Boom” started to be broken up.
12th man was the rally of Texas A&M…..another program that rarely has reason to cheer these days….

Last edited:

Lilofan

I don't really follow MLS soccer but doesn't Seattle have loyal following for their team?

Smiley/OCD

I think at one home game several years ago the game ball was given to the most loyal Jets fan who attends every home game who leads the cheers - Fireman Ed.
He’s missed quite a few games several years ago…he actually took a few seasons off, but yes, he is our # 1 cheerleader

Lilofan

He’s missed quite a few games several years ago…he actually took a few seasons off, but yes, he is our # 1 cheerleader
I still remember the heartbreaking loss in 1982,3? when the Jets lost to the Fins in Miami in the AFC championship game. Todd, Klecco , Gastineau , McNeill etc and the Jets almost went to the SB.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don't really follow MLS soccer but doesn't Seattle have loyal following for their team?
Dunno, outside of only caring if the Seahawks lose I don’t really pay that close attention to Seattle sports. But I do know their stadium is used by several local teams, so it could be possible.

Smiley/OCD

I still remember the heartbreaking loss in 1982,3? when the Jets lost to the Fins in Miami in the AFC championship game. Todd, Klecco , Gastineau , McNeill etc and the Jets almost went to the SB.
1983 championship game known as the “mud bowl” because of the field conditions in Miami…

Dad 2 M & M

Philly to open Season by Hosting 1st game in Brazil......on Friday Night Week 1

Takeaways are the International expansion as far as where games are played as well as Friday Football.

During Covid we already had games on Tuesdays, and even one on Wednesday, now Friday will be in the mix. Many said those Covid Tuesday/ Wednesday contests were in preparation of the 18 Game Regular Season....won't be long before it is here and one could easily imagine Friday Night Matchups pulling a few away from Thursday Night Football, or even back to back Thursday/Friday Games......its coming

Smiley/OCD

Philly to open Season by Hosting 1st game in Brazil......on Friday Night Week 1

Takeaways are the International expansion as far as where games are played as well as Friday Football.

During Covid we already had games on Tuesdays, and even one on Wednesday, now Friday will be in the mix. Many said those Covid Tuesday/ Wednesday contests were in preparation of the 18 Game Regular Season....won't be long before it is here and one could easily imagine Friday Night Matchups pulling a few away from Thursday Night Football, or even back to back Thursday/Friday Games......its coming
Maybe we could send a BUNCH of loud, rowdy, NFL, American tour groups down to take an extended weekend to return the “Disney” favor…

Lilofan

Maybe we could send a BUNCH of loud, rowdy, NFL, American tour groups down to take an extended weekend to return the “Disney” favor…
At least the Eagles fans that travel to Brazil will be dressed in the same color like the loud and proud Brazilian tour groups at MK and Epcot . Better apply for that visa prior to buying that airline ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom