NFL 2024 Season Discussion Thread (Current Champs: Kansas City Chiefs)

Dad 2 M & M

Falcons to hire Raheem Morris as next Head Coach….why?

He was Interim Head Coach when they canned Quinn….they didn’t keep him then….

My guess is Belichick walked away from the Falcons, not the Falcons passed on n him. He’s probably waiting on Philly or Dallas….

Last edited:

Lilofan

My guess is Belichick walked away from the Falcons, not the Falcons passed on n him. He’s probably waiting on Philly or Dallas….
ATL interviewed former Pats coach Bill B and turned him down. Maybe going with a younger coach Raheem instead.

Smiley/OCD

Nope, Atlanta passed on HIM after interviewing him twice…he’s running out of options, Washington and Seattle the 2 biggest openings…at this point, he’d be better off taking 2024 off, recharging his batteries and come in like a knight in shining armor next year to another team. Philly and Dallas are not open now, but I’m sure both owners have their coaches on VERY short leashes…a few losses at the start of the season, and Bill may not have to wait long…

Dad 2 M & M

Nope, Atlanta passed on HIM after interviewing him twice…he’s running out of options, Washington and Seattle the 2 biggest openings…at this point, he’d be better off taking 2024 off, recharging his batteries and come in like a knight in shining armor next year to another team. Philly and Dallas are not open now, but I’m sure both owners have their coaches on VERY short leashes…a few losses at the start of the season, and Bill may not have to wait long…
I’d agree he’s waiting on a better opportunity….one of the big ones is a real possibility next season

He may have (intentionally) asked for the moon and stars ….. no way to lose there if you’d rather be elsewhere

BTW, I doubt he’d have done much down here….would have lasted three seasons and got his 15 wins…

And the Seattle job appears to be Quinn’s to lose

Lilofan

Years ago Bill B as the Pats coach got teary eyed in an interview at Giants Stadium when the Pats played them there. He said he had great memories when he was one of the coaches at NYG. Who knows if Coach B will return to the Giants if they in the future get rid of their coach.

Smiley/OCD

Years ago Bill B as the Pats coach got teary eyed in an interview at Giants Stadium when the Pats played them there. He said he had great memories when he was one of the coaches at NYG. Who knows if Coach B will return to the Giants if they in the future get rid of their coach.
There were rumblings on NY sports radio that both Tisch and Woody should talk to Belechick…
Hmmm…stranger things HAVE happened…

Lilofan

There were rumblings on NY sports radio that both Tisch and Woody should talk to Belechick…
NY Post is reporting ATL didn't want to hire the former Pats Coach B because he was a " short term play" ( ie - won't stay and coach the Falcons for a long time ).

Dad 2 M & M

NY Post is reporting ATL didn't want to hire the former Pats Coach B because he was a " short term play" ( ie - won't stay and coach the Falcons for a long time ).
We don't have a real newspaper (print or online) down here in ATL, nor is sports radio much either as the hosts are timid in fear of getting blackballed by the team.

With that said, radio is blowing up with "why didn't they make Raheem HC after his interim stint" ..... the Falcons were in and going to stay in extreme cap purgatory for 2021 and 2022, with mild relief in 2023(this past season). Any coach would have failed in 2021-2022 with that mess.

As bad as I didn't care for Arthur Smith, he did bridge the gap for cap restraint to now being in decent cap shape. Now the Falcons can shop free agents as well as sign its upcoming Draft Class, without having to cut or restructure existing contracts.

If Raheem would just stand up to our meddling owner, maybe we can build a roster, not keep over paying aging d-linemen....

Smiley/OCD

I looked for Morris’s contract terms, but didn’t find them…safe to say with his HC record (21-38), I don’t think he will remain in the job longer than Bill would’ve..but I wish Morris good luck in his new job!

Dad 2 M & M

I looked for Morris’s contract terms, but didn’t find them…safe to say with his HC record (21-38), I don’t think he will remain in the job longer than Bill would’ve..but I wish Morris good luck in his new job!
Atlanta really needed a Coach like Raheem.....the base has been split a bit since the transition from Vick to Ryan....the elephant in the room is a real thing no one feels comfortable enough to discuss. You can hear "beaming" in the voices many callers in to sports talk radio today....long overdue in this region

And yes, he may not last any longer than Belichick....Falcons are a poorly ran organization and much of the reason Belichick isn't here in the Front Office wasn't willing to give up power

Last edited:

Lilofan

Another report is if NYG Coach Daboll can't produce next year then Belechik formerly from the Pats may be a serious contender to head coach the Giants. Prior to his successful run with the Pats , he was a Giants asst coach for more than 10 years and was the defensive coordinator from 85-90 winning SB with NY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom