NFL 2019-20 Discussion Thread

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree - but is it an 8 hour flight? 6? Do they get special customs clearance in/ out when they go? I’m not saying there’s situation where it would actually be a good idea - I just don’t understand exactly how bad of an idea it would be.

It’s a 6 hour flight from New York to Europe...it’s a 5-6 hour flight from New York to the west Coast...

That’s a bit far for a football game consistently

NYwdwfan

It’s a 6 hour flight from New York to Europe...it’s a 5-6 hour flight from New York to the west Coast...

That’s a bit far for a football game consistently
That helps. Thanks. That team would be travelling from London for half of their games. No team should have to consistently travel that far for half the season.

Lilofan

That helps. Thanks. That team would be travelling from London for half of their games. No team should have to consistently travel that far for half the season.
I would think any MLB team who travels during the 154+ game season are the ones that accumulate major flight time.

PUSH

Original Poster
Some coaching hire thoughts...

- Mike McCarthy is a very solid coach. As a Packers fan, I have seen his integrity and work ethic. He did his time in Green Bay, and he needed a fresh start as much as the team did. He's a class act. I can see him going the way of Andy Reid, who wore out in Philly, but then succeeded in Kansas City. I think he brings success to Dallas. I think he'll learn from his mistakes in the end of his Green Bay tenure. He's a brilliant football mind.

- I have never been a fan of hiring college head coaches to join the NFL. Two totally different jobs. It works here and there, but the majority of college head coaches coming to the NFL flame out in a short time span. Recent examples include Harbaugh and Chip Kelly. I just think there are a lot of coaches who can get a large talent gap in college, but then when they get to the NFL, they don't know how to handle the very small talent gap between teams. Not saying this will happen in Carolina, but just some general thoughts.

NYwdwfan

Some coaching hire thoughts...

- Mike McCarthy is a very solid coach. As a Packers fan, I have seen his integrity and work ethic. He did his time in Green Bay, and he needed a fresh start as much as the team did. He's a class act. I can see him going the way of Andy Reid, who wore out in Philly, but then succeeded in Kansas City. I think he brings success to Dallas. I think he'll learn from his mistakes in the end of his Green Bay tenure. He's a brilliant football mind.

- I have never been a fan of hiring college head coaches to join the NFL. Two totally different jobs. It works here and there, but the majority of college head coaches coming to the NFL flame out in a short time span. Recent examples include Harbaugh and Chip Kelly. I just think there are a lot of coaches who can get a large talent gap in college, but then when they get to the NFL, they don't know how to handle the very small talent gap between teams. Not saying this will happen in Carolina, but just some general thoughts.
Sometimes it takes them a second try (looking at you Pete Carroll).

PUSH

Original Poster
Reports said Brady was dealing with a foot injury since December, and that he had something with his elbow. It's hard to recover from some elbow injuries as a QB. An elbow injury is what ended Matt Flynn's great backup career.

21stamps

i’m hoping brees sticks around for another year. i don’t want to see brady break his records.

He recently had his NCAA record broken by Dwayne Haskins.. It would be a shame to have his NFL records broken just 2 years later.
At least the B1G took years to happen.

NYwdwfan

I love Brees. I felt so bad for him when the Chargers drafted Rivers. Rivers, Roethlisberger and Manning were all drafted the same year. Meanwhile Brees was drafted the same year as Michael Vick. And look who’s still playing right now out of all of them.

21stamps

😂😂🤦‍♀️

The State Medical Board of Ohio is officially considering a petition that asks Cleveland Browns or Cincinnati Bengals fandom be considered a qualifying condition to legally obtain medical marijuana.

A final vote will take place this summer.

Until then, fans of the Browns and Bengals will have to stick to their usual coping mechanisms: hopes, prayers and dreams.

Last edited:

mf1972

😂😂🤦‍♀️

The State Medical Board of Ohio is officially considering a petition that asks Cleveland Browns or Cincinnati Bengals fandom be considered a qualifying condition to legally obtain medical marijuana.

A final vote will take place this summer.

Until then, fans of the Browns and Bengals will have to stick to their usual coping mechanisms: hopes, prayers and dreams.
i’ll admit that’s funny. after the saints/rams fiasco last year, i’ll admit i got over it without any medicinal needs 😜

21stamps

i’ll admit that’s funny. after the saints/rams fiasco last year, i’ll admit i got over it without any medicinal needs 😜
Right! Are these young people who haven’t become used to the disappointment of being a Browns or Bengals fan? ;). They need to do what the rest of us Ohioans do.,, the never ending- “There’s always next year.”

21stamps

Want to share my FB “memory” from 2016..

Amazing how year after year it’s the same story. 🤦‍♀️

9A9DDC80-B512-49FC-8B6C-6EDA428C89AF.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom