NFL 2019-20 Discussion Thread

21stamps

Ya think? Players other than the QB are important?

Personally I hope he plays one more yar in NE. They are going to have more problems then just Brady and his contract. They have been pushing it out for two years (at least), they can't easily do that anymore with a soon to be 43 YO QB

Yes, which makes them important to a player’s stats.

I’m not a NE fan by any stretch. The exact opposite actually.. the only time I’d ever want a Patriots win is if they’re playing the Steelers. I’m all for their team having problems. 😂

mf1972

853D807F-8E7F-40C6-B7A1-88DFE1603F07.jpeg

saints fan here. anyone know or have a good caddie? i’ll be teeing off next weekend 😭

PUSH

Original Poster
😂😂 It seems you are taking the combative attitude from your Political Forum and spewing it here.
Unfortunately I've noticed a lot of combative attitudes in this thread from multiple people this season, which is why I have been pretty quiet in here for a while now. It's unfortunate because I always create these threads to have fun, light-hearted, respectful discussions about a sport we all love. I have not found much joy in this thread this year, as I believe some have forgotten it's okay if somebody doesn't agree with you. Just because I am a fan of one team does not make me right. It also does not give me the right to be disrespectful to others by belittling their thoughts.

Going forward I ask that everyone, myself included, make sure that we are being respectful of everyone else in this thread. We can still be passionate about our teams, but the attitudes of "I'm right, you're wrong" are not needed. Thanks! Happy playoffs!

SteveBrickNJ

Unfortunately I've noticed a lot of combative attitudes in this thread from multiple people this season, which is why I have been pretty quiet in here for a while now. It's unfortunate because I always create these threads to have fun, light-hearted, respectful discussions about a sport we all love. I have not found much joy in this thread this year, as I believe some have forgotten it's okay if somebody doesn't agree with you. Just because I am a fan of one team does not make me right. It also does not give me the right to be disrespectful to others by belittling their thoughts.

Going forward I ask that everyone, myself included, make sure that we are being respectful of everyone else in this thread. We can still be passionate about our teams, but the attitudes of "I'm right, you're wrong" are not needed. Thanks! Happy playoffs!
Sounds good. I'm all in.

Dad 2 M & M

Wonder what peeps in Philly think about Wentz? McCown didn't look bad for a dude that hasn't played in years......can anyone play in the system? Beginning to look that way....

NYwdwfan

Wonder what peeps in Philly think about Wentz? McCown didn't look bad for a dude that hasn't played in years......can anyone play in the system? Beginning to look that way....
He did play a few games with the Jets last year when Darnold hurt his foot towards the end of the season. He didn’t play well - but it was the Jets - but he hasn’t been completely on the shelf.

OneofThree

I disagree. If Brady wants to come back, the need is to improve the pieces around him. They could go deeper in the playoffs next year w/ Brady as the QB and better offensive weapons for him to utilize.

I watch every NE snap every year. Brady has been in serious decline since last season. It was a mistake to let Jimmy G walk. They were able to protect Brady last year primarily because significantly better O-line lay and the presence of Gronkowski and Devlin (FB) made them a force in the run game. He's not reacting to the blitz as quickly as he once did, and he misses throws he would never have missed in the past. As a NE, I understand Kraft wanting him to retire a Patriot. I also understand Brady not wanting to leave the game. It seems Belichick was the only one capable of making that decision, but Kraft handcuffed him. Despite the 3 first round picks spent on offense over the past two drafts, there really isn't enough on offense right now to think an even older Brady could take them any further next year.

OneofThree

Brady hasn’t lost it, he just needs better talent on his offense.

He can still throw, but I can see those shortened telomeres rearing their ugly heads when he misses wide open receivers. Brady is known for "throwing guys open", making average guys look like HoF'ers. NE's offense isn't one where you can just draft or trade for talent and plug them in. It's the most complicated system in the league and the average player has proven incapable of really digesting it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It was a mistake to let Jimmy G walk

He didn't walk.. they literally traded him instead of extending or resigning him. NE dumped their backup QBs that year and have been stringing Brady along since. Jimmy G was a great QB but at the wrong time for NE. They opt'd to roll the dice and it paid off for NE. Unfortunately they have no restocked the cubby since.

NYwdwfan

He didn't walk.. they literally traded him instead of extending or resigning him. NE dumped their backup QBs that year and have been stringing Brady along since. Jimmy G was a great QB but at the wrong time for NE. They opt'd to roll the dice and it paid off for NE. Unfortunately they have no restocked the cubby since.
Interesting article on Brady's backups over the years. The most common statement in their bios: "didn't see much playing time".

PUSH

Original Poster
Since I don't have a horse in this playoff race, I was gonna break an unspoken rule of division rivalry and pull for the Saints throughout, outta sympathy and redemption for last year's infamous blown ref call.

However, that's obviously no longer an option after today.

So am thinking maybe 49ers?
Ravens - 49ers Super Bowl rematch?
I think you mean Packers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom