NFL 2019-20 Discussion Thread

NYwdwfan

And just like that - there are reports the Giants are finalizing a deal to make Patriots wide receivers coach Joe Judge their next head coach. Or to borrow the terminology used by Belichick when he resigned from the Jets on a napkin, HC of NYG.

kong1802

Panthers hired Matt Rhule.

NY sports outlets are going nuts. They were expecting McCarthy...then Rhule.

I don't know much about Rhule outside of the impressive year Baylor has had, but this seems to be a big gamble by Carolina. Not saying he isn't a good coach or that he wont work out, but the timeline is interesting...

Temple - Baylor - Carolina Panthers............

NYwdwfan

I don't know much about Rhule outside of the impressive year Baylor has had, but this seems to be a big gamble by Carolina. Not saying he isn't a good coach or that he wont work out, but the timeline is interesting...

I agree - but so much of it is interaction with ownership, players, picking the right personnel, schedule, etc. The most successful head coach of all time was once fired by the (old) Browns (prior to their move to Baltimore) so you never know.

Tony Perkis

Obviously the NFL and the NCAA are different beasts, but I think Rhule is a slam dunk hire for Carolina.

He took a 4-7 Temple team and led them to two 10 win seasons within 4 years.

He took a 1 win Baylor team after a major scandal and had them an overtime away from being LSU’s sacrificial lamb in the playoffs within 2 years.

And, it’s not like he’s new to the NFL. While only a year, he was the assistant offensive line coach for the New York Giants in 2012; which makes the fact that NYG whiffed on him that much crazier.

He was the guy I was hoping Dallas would get.

Last edited:

kong1802

Obviously the NFL and the NCAA are different beasts, but I think Rhule is a slam dunk hide for Carolina.

He took a 4-7 Temple team and led them to two 10 win seasons within 4 years.

He took a 1 win Baylor team after a major scandal and had them an overtime away from being LSU’s sacrificial lamb in the playoffs within 2 years.

And, it’s not like he’s new to the NFL. While only a year, he was the assistant offensive line coach for the New York Giants in 2012; which makes the fact that NYG whiffed on him that much crazier.

He was the guy I was hoping Dallas would get.

I like the move. I wish my Jags would do something similar. Or just do something...lol

kong1802

There was talk of moving the Jags to London when owner Khan lives or several places other than staying in FL. They can't even sell out their field. Still talk of it?
Yes. Sports Talk here brings it up at least once a week. Especially when the decision came down to keep our GM and coach. "Khan just want to move the team, so he's sabotaging"....etc...

Also, his trying to buy Wembley stadium doesn't help....

Lilofan

Yes. Sports Talk here brings it up at least once a week. Especially when the decision came down to keep our GM and coach. "Khan just want to move the team, so he's sabotaging"....etc...

Also, his trying to buy Wembley stadium doesn't help....
That would be crazy if London gets an NFL team. Those guys love our football but the traveling of the NFL teams will be too much.

NYwdwfan

I’d lose my mind if my team moved. Judging by how everyone my parents’ age feels about the Dodgers, it’s not something you get over.
That would be crazy if London gets an NFL team. Those guys love our football but the traveling of the NFL teams will be too much.
What would be the furthest a team would have to travel? I’m awful with geography. Would it be worse than a Florida team playing in Seattle (or vice versa)?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’d lose my mind if my team moved. Judging by how everyone my parents’ age feels about the Dodgers, it’s not something you get ov

What would be the furthest a team would have to travel? I’m awful with geography. Would it be worse than a Florida team playing in Seattle (or vice versa)?

The “geography” to think of would be an LA team or Seattle having to travel to London or vice versus...

Not really sustainable is it?

NYwdwfan

The “geography” to think of would be an LA team or Seattle having to travel to London or vice versus...

Not really sustainable is it?
I agree - but is it an 8 hour flight? 6? Do they get special customs clearance in/ out when they go? I’m not saying there’s situation where it would actually be a good idea - I just don’t understand exactly how bad of an idea it would be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom