NFL 2019-20 Discussion Thread

21stamps

It’s Wisconsin. They pay in cheese.

Was that after (one of the) Burfict hit(s)?

Yes. Complete meltdown all around. The closest we’d come to winning a playoff game in what feels like forever.. and then it all crumble- first Burfict does a horrible hit, penalty obviously, then Pac-Man had another penalty.. can’t even remember the reason why now. In the end, it was enough yards for theSteelers to get a field goal and take the W.

PUSH

Original Poster
Shovel snow for free! GB is looking for several hundred 💪 fans to shovel the stadium seating area prior to playoff game against SEA.
Not for free. They will each be paid $12 an hour for their work immediately after the job is completed.

PUSH

Original Poster
News didn't tell whole story. Smart move. Get the fans to do it.
The Packers organization has done this for years, and the fans love it. You can never truly realize how close the Packers and the community are until you visit. Everything in Green Bay has ties to the Packers. If they were ever to move, the community would die.

Lilofan

The Packers organization has done this for years, and the fans love it. You can never truly realize how close the Packers and the community are until you visit. Everything in Green Bay has ties to the Packers. If they were ever to move, the community would die.
True. No pro basketball or baseball either in the town. What the heck is there to do in that town for fun?

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
It's so hard deciding who to root for when it's your opponent in the playoffs. The smart me would say I want the Vikings to win for a possibility of playing at home next week if we win. But the rival in me wants the Vikings to burn. But I don't want to go to California to play. if we win. I'd rather play at Lambeau.

But overall I'm just happy I'm having this dilemma. Could be worse. We could have not made the playoffs like the last two seasons.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Ravens look like a team who has won big all year and doesn't know how to handle adversity. Receivers are dropping easy catches. Lamar is getting frustrated and forcing plays. They're a mess tonight.

Dad 2 M & M

The Ravens look like a team who has won big all year and doesn't know how to handle adversity. Receivers are dropping easy catches. Lamar is getting frustrated and forcing plays. They're a mess tonight.
Why did they go for 2? Now they need 2 TDs AND 2 two point conversions.....and give it to Henry on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down, if you even have a 3rd down

Dad 2 M & M

Obviously the NFL and the NCAA are different beasts, but I think Rhule is a slam dunk hire for Carolina.

He took a 4-7 Temple team and led them to two 10 win seasons within 4 years.

He took a 1 win Baylor team after a major scandal and had them an overtime away from being LSU’s sacrificial lamb in the playoffs within 2 years.

And, it’s not like he’s new to the NFL. While only a year, he was the assistant offensive line coach for the New York Giants in 2012; which makes the fact that NYG whiffed on him that much crazier.

He was the guy I was hoping Dallas would get.
I don't know if the cheerleader approach will work in the pros......
I like the move. I wish my Jags would do something similar. Or just do something...lol
Like get a real QB? I hope they don't try to keep the gimmick and market it further....
Yes. Sports Talk here brings it up at least once a week. Especially when the decision came down to keep our GM and coach. "Khan just want to move the team, so he's sabotaging"....etc...

Also, his trying to buy Wembley stadium doesn't help....
It has gotten traction. I spend a lot of time in Charleston, and am able to take in at least one Jacksonville game every year (also a game every year on Charlotte, Tennessee, and Tampa). It is easy to get tickets to the Thursday night games, and this past year's Tennessee game had a great outcome, although it did rain a bit....I hope they don't move...and don't think the talk is really serious....

mf1972

not a titans fan, but they’ve really impressed me the last few weeks. vrabel should be a strong candidate for coach of the year for the job he’s doing down there.

PUSH

Original Poster
not a titans fan, but they’ve really impressed me the last few weeks. vrabel should be a strong candidate for coach of the year for the job he’s doing down there.
I believe all the votes for Coach of the Year, MVP, OPotY, etc. have all been cast already. I would be surprised if Vrabel got it based on the regular season.

Lilofan

Edelman from the Pats was arrested in CA for vandalism. He was observed being drunk. Probably upset over not playing in the post season anymore. 😉

mf1972

watching the KC/Houston game, & i have to say this is 1 of the strangest playoffs seasons i’ve seen in awhile.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The Ravens look like a team who has won big all year and doesn't know how to handle adversity.

More like.. a team that is rusty and playing flat.

Titans LBs and safeties were super fast and Lamar could never get separation when running.. he was running side to side trying to pull away and wasn't. And for some reason he couldn't throw outside the numbers (sans one good pass). They were just aweful. I think the long rest and law of averages caught up.

They played through plenty of adversity in recent weeks.. but they tended to grind out their opponents and get a few sparks to get those points. This week they couldn't get critical 4th downs in short yardage.. 0-4. Every titan point was after a turnover or turnover on downs.

How they got 500+ yards in offense I still can't compute.. it didn't feel that way at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom