NFL 2019-20 Discussion Thread

mf1972

if i were new england, it’s time to start investing in the future. time to start developing another young qb. part of me thinks brady will be back, but i say it’s time to move on.

SteveBrickNJ

if i were new england, it’s time to start investing in the future. time to start developing another young qb. part of me thinks brady will be back, but i say it’s time to move on.
I disagree. If Brady wants to come back, the need is to improve the pieces around him. They could go deeper in the playoffs next year w/ Brady as the QB and better offensive weapons for him to utilize.

Lilofan

If the Pats don't groom another QB, when Brady leaves or retired which could at any time, the Pats will just be a losing team for years to come.

Dad 2 M & M

If the Pats don't groom another QB, when Brady leaves or retired which could at any time, the Pats will just be a losing team for years to come.
They'll be right at home in the AFC East........amazingly, the other three teams in the Division are all showing at least a glimmer of hope...

The Jets were a "quiet" 7-9, and Miami at least showed some hope at seasons end....can the Bills ever get it done? The only way the Texans can win in the postseason is to play their twin...

Last edited:

Willmark

I disagree. If Brady wants to come back, the need is to improve the pieces around him. They could go deeper in the playoffs next year w/ Brady as the QB and better offensive weapons for him to utilize.
He’s going to play better at 43? Doesn’t work that way.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

Having all the best players means nothing when teams can still catch you. Looking back to last regular season, they got beat down by Detroit and Tennessee....and that's when they had Gronk.

Willmark

I’ll have to grab the link if I can but this was compiled from a football website, the fact is Brady had been declining for four years now:
Brady's passer rankings the last three years:

2016: 2nd

2017: 3rd

2018: 15th

Yards per attempt?

2016: 2nd

2017: 4th

2018: 23rd

Completion percentage?

2016: 5th

2017: 5th

2018: 12th

Touchdown percentage?

2016: 3rd

2017: 5th

2018: 8th

INT percentage?

2016: 1st

2017: 3rd

2018: 26th

Yards per completion?

2016: 6th

2017: 8th

2018: 28th

Passing yards?

2016: 4th

2017: 1st

2018: 20th

Winning percentage?

2016: .916

2017: .812

2018: .600

Lilofan

The Patriots did not lose because Tom Brady is not as good at age 42 as he was at age 41. He could have been more successful as per my previous post. Next year he could have more success with better players around him. That's the focus.
Any coach would take this season's Pats win loss record with Pats with a below average running game and receivers that can barely catch the ball. What Brady did with a sub par team was incredible and I don't even care for the guy.

StarWarsGirl

FB_IMG_1578248520237.jpg

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
The Patriots did not lose because Tom Brady is not as good at age 42 as he was at age 41. He could have been more successful as per my previous post. Next year he could have more success with better players around him. That's the focus.

The year the Pats beat the Falcons, Gronk was hurt and he only had Edelman to throw the ball to. They still won the Super Bowl.

21stamps

Agree. It’s easy to lay all the blame on a QB.. but without a good o-line, receivers, etc, then even the best QB will be hindered by those around him.

Brady hasn’t lost it, he just needs better talent on his offense.

Willmark

Agree. It’s easy to lay all the blame on a QB.. but without a good o-line, receivers, etc, then even the best QB will be hindered by those around him.

Brady hasn’t lost it, he just needs better talent on his offense.
Yeah what I posted listing his statistical decline the last three (now four) years isn't real. Especially when you consider he won the SB twice during the that timeframe. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

21stamps

Yeah what I posted listing his statistical decline the last three (now four) years isn't real. Especially when you consider he won the SB twice during the that timeframe. :rolleyes:
I’m not at all saying the stats are fake. I’m saying that stats are not just dependent on a QB no matter how good he is.. you have to have the support to be able to get the good stats. It’s all related.

An offensive line for example.. a great QB with a bad line is never going to look as great on paper as a good QB with a great offensive line, similar with receivers. The players around a QB are so important.

21stamps

If I can use a soccer reference... think of Messi... without support from his team he would never have the stats that he has... he’s brilliant, debatably the best player there ever was, but he also benefits from great players around him. Which is why his success with Barcelona is so different from his success with Argentina.

Willmark

I’m not at all saying the stats are fake. I’m saying that stats are not just dependent on a QB no matter how good he is.. you have to have the support to be able to get the good stats. It’s all related.

An offensive line for example.. a great QB with a bad line is never going to look as great on paper as a good QB with a great offensive line, similar with receivers. The players around a QB are so important.
Ya think? Players other than the QB are important?

Personally I hope he plays one more yar in NE. They are going to have more problems then just Brady and his contract. They have been pushing it out for two years (at least), they can't easily do that anymore with a soon to be 43 YO QB

SteveBrickNJ

Ya think? Players other than the QB are important?

Personally I hope he plays one more yar in NE. They are going to have more problems then just Brady and his contract. They have been pushing it out for two years (at least), they can't easily do that anymore with a soon to be 43 YO QB
😂😂 It seems you are taking the combative attitude from your Political Forum and spewing it here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom