NFL 2017 Discussion Thread

SteveBrickNJ

Maybe Tom Brady and his trainer could stay in NE and Bill B. could coach the NY Giants???
No one chose to make any reference to what I said. I just dreamed that up on my own. Yet after doing some shoveling, I decided to plop down on the bed and listen to Sports Radio 66 WFAN in NY. That's what they were talking about. They can't offer Bill a job until the Patriots lose. NY fans are very interested though.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
No one chose to make any reference to what I said. I just dreamed that up on my own. Yet after doing some shoveling, I decided to plop down on the bed and listen to Sports Radio 66 WFAN in NY. That's what they were talking about. They can't offer Bill a job until the Patriots lose. NY fans are very interested though.

That's not gonna happen. He's not gonna leave a team that's won 5 Super Bowls over the last 2 decades for a team that eventually will get rid of their franchise QB. The only way that happens is if A. He decides he wants to retire or B. Brady holds ownership hostage and says "it's either me or him" in which Brady would probably win out. Neither one of those scenarios will happen this offseason, however.

SteveBrickNJ

That's not gonna happen. He's not gonna leave a team that's won 5 Super Bowls over the last 2 decades for a team that eventually will get rid of their franchise QB. The only way that happens is if A. He decides he wants to retire or B. Brady holds ownership hostage and says "it's either me or him" in which Brady would probably win out. Neither one of those scenarios will happen this offseason, however.
If the Brady thing makes him feel uncomfortable, it might be a nice ego booster for Bill to be courted by the New York Giants. He was the defensive coordinator for the Giants in 2 of their Super Bowl wins. He might think it would be cool to sweep into the nation's largest city (well they are actually in my state of NJ) and take the Giants to the playoffs. You are bold to say it won't happen.:eek: I'll be sure to pop this post up IF...IF it does happen.:p Just havin' fun....not bein' mean. ;)

Dad 2 M & M

And the Falcons get no love...I'm surprised they held it together yesterday and won. Who knows....if they can play better than they have this year, they have a shot with Philly. I truly expect the winner of the Saints/Carolina game to beat Minnesota, AND paired with an ATL victory at Philly, host the NFC Championship.

The Falcons actually surpassed my expectation in they made the Playoffs (after playing so poorly this year), have won a game, and are in decent shape to win again.

Do not misinterpret this as being satisfied....winning the Big One is the only goal for this year.....shaky at best and deserve the no love they are receiving

SteveBrickNJ

And the Falcons get no love...I'm surprised they held it together yesterday and won. Who knows....if they can play better than they have this year, they have a shot with Philly. I truly expect the winner of the Saints/Carolina game to beat Minnesota, AND paired with an ATL victory at Philly, host the NFC Championship.

The Falcons actually surpassed my expectation in they made the Playoffs (after playing so poorly this year), have won a game, and are in decent shape to win again.

Do not misinterpret this as being satisfied....winning the Big One is the only goal for this year.....shaky at best and deserve the no love they are receiving
@Dad 2 M & M ,
Two things if I may...
#1 I clicked on your user name....it's so interesting that you used to live in Montreal and San Diego but are now in Atlanta. You've covered a good amount of North America :)
#2 Do you think the Falcons are a better team than the Rams or that they just executed better last night than the Rams?

PUSH

Original Poster
The Packers hire Brian Gutekunst as their next general manager. He served as director of player personnel with the Packers under Ted Thompson for the past 6 years.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
The Bills, who went overboard along with their fanbase due to a lucky Bengals TD, have proven why they didnt even deserve to be there to begin with.

Dad 2 M & M

@Dad 2 M & M ,
Two things if I may...
#1 I clicked on your user name....it's so interesting that you used to live in Montreal and San Diego but are now in Atlanta. You've covered a good amount of North America :)
#2 Do you think the Falcons are a better team than the Rams or that they just executed better last night than the Rams?
#1 Father was a midshipman at the Naval Academy and was stationed in Balboa - born in La Mesa, ended up in the South
#2 Executed better...Rams never recovered from initial two turnovers, and Falcons played well enough to "not lose"

PUSH

Original Poster
With the Saints winning, here are my updated playoff predictions:

Divisional Round
TEN @ NE (NE wins 34-17)
JAC @ PIT (PIT wins 28-13)

ATL @ PHI (ATL wins 28-20)
NO @ MIN (NO wins 27-24)

Championship Round
PIT @ NE (PIT wins 30-27)

ATL @ NO (NO wins 30-24)

Super Bowl
NO vs PIT (PIT wins 34-31)

Nemo14

With the Saints winning, here are my updated playoff predictions:

Divisional Round
TEN @ NE (NE wins 34-17)
JAC @ PIT (PIT wins 28-13)

ATL @ PHI (ATL wins 28-20)
NO @ MIN (NO wins 27-24)

Championship Round
PIT @ NE (PIT wins 30-27)

ATL @ NO (NO wins 30-24)

Super Bowl
NO vs PIT (PIT wins 34-31)
Just to remind you of your last predictions....

Playoff predictions:

Wild Card
BUF @ JAC (JAC wins 27-23)
TEN @ KC (KC wins 24-17)

ATL @ LAR (LAR wins 31-28)
CAR @ NO (NO wins 30-21)

Divisional Round
JAC @ PIT (PIT wins 35-14)
KC @ NE (NE wins 34-20)

LAR @ MIN (LAR win 23-20)
NO @ PHI (NO win 28-20)

Championship Round
PIT @ NE (PIT wins 31-30)

NO @ LAR (NO wins 38-31)

Super Bowl
PIT vs NO (PIT wins 27-24)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom