NFL 2017 Discussion Thread

SteveBrickNJ

Flea flicker!!!!!! :p Eagles have accumulated 31 points and its only early in the 3rd quarter!
I guess all Nick Foles relatives are feeling pretty good right now :cool:;)

PUSH

Original Poster
Patriots vs Eagles in Super Bowl 52. I'm pulling for the Eagles, but they'll have to be at their best once again to beat Tom Brady.

I'm happy for Doug Pederson, who was a former Packers backup QB.

cheezbat

Go Eagles. Good job beating those Vikes. (As a Former Wisconsinite who still roots for the Pack, I love seeing the Vikings choke!)

Now if only they can end Brady's career with a big fat LOSS. I'm so over the Patriots. Probably won't watch the Super Bowl this year.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

PUSH

Original Poster
Some coaching updates:

- Cardinals hire Steve Wilks as HC
- Giants officially hire Pat Shurmur as HC
- Browns hire Todd Haley as OC
- D. LeBeau out as DC of the Titans

Tick Tock

Screenshot (15).png

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/phi/philadelphia-eagles
Philadelphia - 1/24/18

To increase their odds at defeating Tom Brady & company, the Philadelphia Eagles have made some stunning, last minute changes to their team uniforms for the big game on February 4th.

"We feel that in order to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl, we need to have the right look," said Eagles head coach, Doug Pederson.
"With these new modifications to our uniforms, it puts us as having the right image to carry out the challenging task."

Starting quarterback, Nick Foles, also seemed to favor the new team look.
"All I can say is, I like it." replied Foles to a local reporter. "The color, the imagery, the theme of it all...this is a look that says: 'We actually CAN beat New England in the big game."

Eagles fans have had mixed opinions on how they like the team's new look for Super Bowl LII. While some die-hard Philly faithful have been seen tossing Budweiser cans at billboards showing off the new uniforms, other Philly fans who are less violent and less upset have only thrown cheap beer cans in protest.

Despite some backlash, the team is confident their fan base will unify in support for the new look once they realize it increases their chances of topping the Patriots by 100%.

Super Bowl LII is set to take place February 4th, 6:30pm at Minnesota's U.S. Bank Stadium.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Who decided it was a good idea to have the Pro Bowl on at the same time as the NHL All Star Game? Who also decided it was a good idea to have it in the same state?

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

The one that DID interest me was the MLB All Star Game......that was when the winner earned World Series home field advantage for their league. Now that this is no longer the case, I've lost interest. I guess this was the long version of "I agree with @Lucky "

NYwdwfan

There are reports the Chiefs are trading QB Alex Smith to the Redskins for CB Kendall Fuller and a third-round draft pick.

Wow.

PUSH

Original Poster
There are reports the Chiefs are trading QB Alex Smith to the Redskins for CB Kendall Fuller and a third-round draft pick.

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.
Big news. It'll be interesting to see how Cousins fares in a different system. I think Smith has to tools to succeed anywhere, given they don't expect him to be Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady.

Lucky

Smith had a better year statistically than Cousins. But it's impressive that Cousins was able to throw for over 4000 yards for the third straight season, given how little he had to work with this year. Smith is 4 years older and this was his first time to throw for 4000 yards.

SteveBrickNJ

Here are some misc thoughts from things I heard on Philadelphia Sports Radio or on tv..... 1)The Eagles have a good chance to win because they are a team that truly likes each other.....not selfish players...not egotistical players....a true team. 2) The Patriots offensive line has allowed more sacks this year than last year and the Eagles have a good pass rush. 3) Eli Manning sees the current make up and chemistry of the Eagles to be similar to the Giants team he quarterbacked to victory over the Patriots.

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm glad the NFL reports who is winning the NFL Honors before the NFL honors even airs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom