NFL 2016 Discussion Thread

acishere

So I've lost Eddie Lacy as my Flex/RB2 and Brandon Marshall is catching passes from Geno Smith. I'm playing the worst person in the league, but it appears karma is on his side. Probably because I assigned the worst punishment for him when I was the highest scorer.

NYwdwfan

If Smith plays really well this year, he could be there for all of the 2016 season. Jets shall see!
Listen, I'd love nothing more than the guy throwing for 200 yards, 2 TDs, no INTs and the Jets win, however, I'm a realist and I am in no way expecting anything close to that. Not even remotely close.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What a week!
Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 10.23.41 PM.png

The D and Kicker were last minute swaps.. as well as Clay (didn't work).. and shuffling to keep Forte playing even tho he was facing what was usually a stout running D.

My opponent is ed he scored 130+ again.. to lose again :)

NutsForFlorida

What a week!
View attachment 171138

The D and Kicker were last minute swaps.. as well as Clay (didn't work).. and shuffling to keep Forte playing even tho he was facing what was usually a stout running D.

My opponent is ****ed he scored 130+ again.. to lose again :)

That happened to me a few weeks ago. I had the 2nd most points at 132. I lost by 101 points. Guy had 233. That's the most I have ever seen. And the worst part is he still won't shut up about it. Like I had anything to do with how his guys did. 132 is a good week in my league. His guys just blew up. Oh well. I won this week though. And I still have Diggs and the Vikings D tonight.

PUSH

Original Poster
There shouldn't be any ties. Let them keep playing.
I don't mind ties. They have legitimate implications to the standings and playoff picture, and if no team can win after 5 quarters of play - they don't deserve to win. Games would go on for too long, as they already do with ties. It was interesting a few years back when the Broncos and Ravens went to double OT in the playoffs, but that was heightened by the playoff drama. Regular season would just be a bore.

As a Packers fan who went through a tie with the Vikings a couple years ago, it's a weird feeling. There's just an empty feeling. It's kind of unique.

PUSH

Original Poster
I should have played Jordan Howard...

I'm currently up by 18 points, and I need the Vikings D to give up a lot of points, as well as Alshon Jeffery to not get many points. I lost for the first time last week by 40 points... 114-154. I really don't want to lose two weeks in a row!

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm in a tricky spot for waiver wires. Seems like half of my guys are questionable or on a bye. It's also the week where both my kicker and defense are on byes. I have no problem dropping my kicker, but the Cardinals D has been solid for me all season, and I want to keep them on my bench if possible.

PUSH

Original Poster
After 9 weeks of play, my fantasy team sits atop my league at 7-1-1. I've scored more points than anyone with 1011, and have the fewest scored against me with only 756 points. Although that is shifted because last week's opponent didn't change his lineup resulting in one starter on a bye and another injured. The next closest in my league are a 5-4 team (2nd in the league) with 968 points for and a 4-5 team with 814 points against. I currently have a 2.5 game lead among the 2nd place teams in my league.

Flower'sChild

Dallas found a way to win another close game! This was not one of their best games, however they found a way to win! One of the keys to being a good team is winning the close games! Another key to being a good team is still winning when you are not having one of your better games! Now if New England can beat Seattle tonight and Cincinnati can beat the Giants tomorrow night, the Cowboys will have a 2 1/2 game lead in the conference and a 3 game lead in the division! (Actually I just looked and I saw that the Redskins are 5-3-1. So if the Giants lose tomorrow night we would have a 2 1/2 game lead in the division)

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

I'm sorry to report that the Jets/Pats game in 2 weeks has been flexed out of Sunday night to a 4:25 start. I know you are all devastated to be missing out on this highly competitive marquee match-up.

/sarcasm

PUSH

Original Poster
Got through another fantasy game! 8-1-1. Still ahead 2.5 games. This week will be tough for me, though. Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Devante Booker are all on byes. Because of injuries and my bench I am for sure playing two Packers, maybe 3. As of right now I have James Stark, Davante Adams and Randall Cobb all in starter spots. I might switch one out for Jamison Crowder, unless I have to start him in my flex spot for an injured Jordan Howard.

I'm playing someone who has Andrew Luck, Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown, OBJ and Delanie Walker. I fully expect to lose this week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom