NFL 2016 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Well I ended up winning by 25 points thanks to Matt Ryan and Davante Adams.

What a performance by the Packers today. Back above .500, with a very real shot of making the playoffs. If Detroit trips up again the Giants next week, I think it will come down to the regular season finale.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Picked up the Atlanta d on FA this morning... got 27 points. High five! I also sat russel Wilson.... high five!

Now for dak to earn me some points for the victory lap

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well I ended up winning by 25 points thanks to Matt Ryan and Davante Adams.

What a performance by the Packers today. Back above .500, with a very real shot of making the playoffs. If Detroit trips up again the Giants next week, I think it will come down to the regular season finale.

Well the biggie is Stafford hurt his hand

And Miami is done now too losing tannihill

PUSH

Original Poster
Jeff Fisher is the first coaching casualty of 2016. He's been fired by the Rams just a few months after he signed a 2-year extension in September. John Fassel has been named interim head coach.

NYwdwfan

Jeff Fisher is the first coaching casualty of 2016. He's been fired by the Rams just a few months after he signed a 2-year extension in September. John Fassel has been named interim head coach.
This surprises me - I figured announcing the extension a few weeks ago was their way of giving him their stamp of approval. I guess not.

PUSH

Original Poster
Oh I agree with you - it's just weird they did the extension without announcing it, then did announce it, then fired him. Seems like something the Jets would do.
It was weird how they handled it.

Speaking of the Jets, do you think they should fire Todd Bowles? I personally think he's a good coach. What he did last season was amazing. If they had a top 10 QB, they'd be a very good team.

NYwdwfan

It was weird how they handled it.

Speaking of the Jets, do you think they should fire Todd Bowles? I personally think he's a good coach. What he did last season was amazing. If they had a top 10 QB, they'd be a very good team.
I like Bowles. I don't think he's the problem. Most of the problem is the owner - both the coach and GM report direct to him - not coach to GM and GM to owner. It's weird. I don't think Bowles and Maccagnan speak much! Maccagnan has made AWFUL draft picks and given Bowles crap to work with (limited exceptions). I just don't know if it would get any better with a different coach.

PUSH

Original Poster
I like Bowles. I don't think he's the problem. Most of the problem is the owner - both the coach and GM report direct to him - not coach to GM and GM to owner. It's weird. I don't think Bowles and Maccagnan speak much! Maccagnan has made AWFUL draft picks and given Bowles crap to work with (limited exceptions). I just don't know if it would get any better with a different coach.
Just imagine what will happen when they sign Tony Romo in the offseason.

PUSH

Original Poster
Ryan Tannehill has NOT torn his ACL. He has suffered a sprained ACL and MCL, which won't require surgery. It'll be week-to-week, but he could possibly return by week 17 or the playoffs.

PUSH

Original Poster
Wow. That o-line needs some upgrades in the offseason.

15384536_1331454890234529_2593284416914941923_o.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom