NextGen / FP+ / Magic Band. The official truth starts to appear

sublimesting

My biggest issue with this FP + is that it's all a gamble now. Sometimes lines are short sometimes they're long. That was the beauty of using FP as the day went. Grab one for a busy ride. Walk about and get into short lines. When we could grab another FP. I hat ethe idea of using one of my allottment for the day on, say, Splash Mountain at 1:00, only to get there and see that Splash has no line at all at 1:00...or maybe there is a lightning storm and I 'd rather huddle down in a store for a bit but don't want to miss my FP time, etc. I'm certainly not going back to the days of waiting 1 to 2 hours to see Peter Pan.

muteki

Do you know the limit of FPs you can reserve in advance? I heard three but this does not add up.

Could be 3...could be 5....could just be 1.

It might follow what they predict the crowds to be, but they can set it to be whatever they want. It doesn't have to add up...what formula are you using to expect it to?

jed012788

Yeah, I'll say it -- it really doesn't sound bad at all. Sure, it was remarkably expensive. Sure, that money could have and should have been used for more tangible park improvements. But ultimately, this whole program seems like it's neutral at worst -- and perhaps even a slight positive at best.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hi Pumbas, which phone do you have?

Samsung Galaxy S II but its due a change in Feb/March. Its not the phone, its F-ing T Mobile. I got billed for 30 plus text messages that were lost in the network and no one ever received. But try complaining to a call centre staffed by Johnny Foreigner when you have a Scots accent. the bill I received this Nov for services we allegedly used when in san Diego was a complete take.

disneyflush

As a parent of toddlers when we last went we dealt with quite a few tantrums and fits throughout our stay and had to go back to the resort for a nap or swim to calm down. I am hopefull the system has the flexibility to allow the shuffling of FP+ as needed in such situations.

YankeeMouse

Forgive me if this is covered somewhere above. We are regular AP holders, not Florida, always stay on property but go for short trips quite often due to airline benefits. If we decide to go last minute as we often do, say within 1-2 weeks, does that mean FP+ will already be assigned or given out or whatever you call this and we are out of luck for popular ones such as Soarin or TSM?

SirLink

Samsung Galaxy S II but its due a change in Feb/March. Its not the phone, its F-ing T Mobile. I got billed for 30 plus text messages that were lost in the network and no one ever received. But try complaining to a call centre staffed by Johnny Foreigner when you have a Scots accent. the bill I received this Nov for services we allegedly used when in san Diego was a complete take.

That is why they were putting WiFi in the parks ...

...then based on the WiFi hotspot you are in while using MyMagic+ *hurl* ... they'll most likely triangulate where you are in the Parks ... forget about the Eye of Sauron more like the Eye of Mickey you gotta watch out for ...

GrumpyFan

Oh no.
It's the end of Walt Disney World as we know it!
What will we do?

Seriously folks, come on. This thing is still being tested and rolled out as we speak (or as some of us run around in panic). Things are going to change, and they will be different. How different? I think that's yet to be seen or fully understood. But, can't we all just wait and see how this all pans out? I mean, most of us have been to WDW enough times that we know some of the CMs by name, and a good many of us have been through various changes over the years, enough to know that if it doesn't work right at first, they will fix or change it. So, can't we all just calm down and see what happens first?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
That is why they were putting WiFi in the parks ...

...then based on the WiFi hotspot you are in while using MyMagic+ *hurl* ... they'll most likely triangulate where you are in the Parks ... forget about the Eye of Sauron more like the Eye of Mickey you gotta watch out for ...

Having been triangulated will I get served at the bar quicker?

MarkMouse

Fastpass+ will be part of whatever ticket you decide to buy - 1 day, 4 day, AP etc.
This means that if you book a WDW resort and tickets you will be able to take advantage of early ride reservations. It sounds like that if you book an offsite hotel and get your tickets when you arrive then you will have trouble getting FP+ on more popular rides unless you have an AP. Also I am willing to bet that eventually staying at deluxe resorts will increase your FP+ limits. Offsite resorts will have to lower their prices considerably once this comes into effect because who would stay there? I see why WDW is doing this. $$$

SirLink

Oh no.
It's the end of Walt Disney World as we know it!
What will we do?

Seriously folks, come on. This thing is still being tested and rolled out as we speak (or as some of us run around in panic). Things are going to change, and they will be different. How different? I think that's yet to be seen or fully understood. But, can't we all just wait and see how this all pans out? I mean, most of us have been to WDW enough times that we know some of the CMs by name, and a good many of us have been through various changes over the years, enough to know that if it doesn't work right at first, they will fix or change it. So, can't we all just calm down and see what happens first?

Seriously ... we know they'll sell the data on the guests in a heartbeat ... possibly to lure in Sponsors of the parks, believe me I like being here in the UK where you have to opt in to have your data sold. Oh well ...

GrumpyFan

I wonder what Mickey or Flounder or the other characters will say if I give my name as something else, you know like, "Donald Trump" or "Donald Duck" or something even more sinister. Will people learn how to game the system and get around the filters like they did on VMK? This will be interesting to watch in the first six months of go-live.
And for those of you worried about your personal information being used, Mickey will be selling new foil-coated mouse ears! ;) I'm joking of coursed, but those might actually be cool!

DocMcHulk

I thought FP+ was going to only be for hotel guests. I am reading that non-hotel guests can buy Magicbands. Was this a change?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom