NextGen / FP+ / Magic Band. The official truth starts to appear

ParentsOf4

As has been stated, CMs and AP will be getting their own at some point in the future ...
If MagicBands are supposed to enhance guests' experiences, why do CMs need to wear MagicBands?

Answer: See @TubaGeek's follow-up post. These MagicBands are for CMs while they are guests, not while they are at work.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
If MagicBands are supposed to enhance guests' experiences, why do CMs need to wear MagicBands?

Is it possible:
  • Disney wants CMs wearing MagicBands to make them seem more acceptable to guests?
  • Disney wants CMs wearing MagicBands so they can track them?

They're not wearing them when they're at work, just when they're there as guests.

Rose&Crowner

Answer: See @TubaGeek's follow-up post. These MagicBands are for CMs while they are guests, not while they are at work.
Oh, I thought it was so that Disney could steal their brainwaves and harvest their thoughts for processing in the super secret imagineering lab, mydisneyidea+.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
mym1_zpsd1dcc0b7.png

Sneezy62

@wdwmagic
Steve according to the post you made this morning, "According to Cast Members who have been briefed on the system earlier this week, on launch of FASTPASS+, a guest will be able to choose up to a maximum of 3 FASTPASS+ experiences at one park per day."

Does this shoot down once and for all any theories that it's three fastpasses in advance and then more after you enter the park? Three per day in one park only...period...for everybody?

Skippy's Pal

Apologies for not wading through the whole 52 pages. But even after this last "clarification" I still wonder: (a) What about Park Hopping? I still haven't seen anything on how that might work. (b) If I opt out of this whole "MYW" /RFID thing, I understand that I can't use FP+; however, will conventional FP's remain? (c) If I do opt into the new system, it appears that after I use my 3 daily reserved attractions, for any other attractions I would have to be in what today are the non-FP lines, with the resulting long wait that non-FP users deal with today, yes? (d) When the dust has settled around this whole thing, will the world consist of only the RFID users, and the line standers? And finally, (e) Since Disney can't seem to keep its website working, how will they ever keep this vast data processing network - so critical to the on-site guest experience - up and working accurately?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Does this shoot down once and for all any theories that it's three fastpasses in advance and then more after you enter the park? Three per day in one park only...period...for everybody?

Not sure where you found that theory? Sounds like a mash up of people saying 'there will be FP+ available day of..' - so you can still use FP+ without advanced reservations. But I haven't heard anyone theorize that day of would increase your allotment.

Sneezy62

Not sure where you found that theory? Sounds like a mash up of people saying 'there will be FP+ available day of..' - so you can still use FP+ without advanced reservations. But I haven't heard anyone theorize that day of would increase your allotment.

Not here so much, but I think a lot of folks are holding on to that hope.

Sped2424

Now I know I can do the three fastpass plus ahead of time but can I still do the normal fast passes considering how I can get more of those in one day than the plus system? Fast passes are every other hour you can get a new one thats a lot more than 3 for someone who can get to the park at 10 or 9 and not leave till 11 or 12

muteki

Now I know I can do the three fastpass plus ahead of time but can I still do the normal fast passes considering how I can get more of those in one day than the plus system? Fast passes are every other hour you can get a new one thats a lot more than 3 for someone who can get to the park at 10 or 9 and not leave till 11 or 12

Latest info we had was that old FP's are going bye-bye. Maybe the max amount FP+ is only 3 while the old ones are being phased out, maybe the limit will always be 3, we don't know.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm still confused...

So...I show up one day, buy a one day ticket...what is my FP situation?
There will be old-school FP available?
Will I have to whip out my phone and book a FP?
Will I have to find a kiosk and book them?
Is three the limit!

We need a very informative FAQ...

lazyboy97o

I'm still confused...

So...I show up one day, but a one day ticket...what is my FP situation?
There will be old-school FP available?
Will I have to whip out my phone and book a FP?
Will I have to find a kiosk and book them?
Is three the limit!

We need a very informative FAQ...
I think that is what it is sounding like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom