NextGen / FP+ / Magic Band. The official truth starts to appear

Goofyernmost

How were people in the past not able to get one? Everyone had equal opportunity to show up to a park and get to the FP machines. I think people still won't know how to use the whole My Magic + online to book their FPs in advance. It's like the ADR's. Some people just don't understand that you need to book 180 days out to get what you want. Instead they think walking up to Le Cellier during the Christmas season will get them a table. There are still people who won't understand how it works, just like there are people who don't understand how the current system works. I know a lot of older folks who aren't computer savy who go to Disney. If they want FPs now, this means they need to learn to use the system. Why should someone be forced to use a system they don't want to use? The FPs now are easy: you walk up, put your ticket in, you get the FP. It's simple enough anyone can do it if you know about it. This whole booking online thing is going to throw some people for a loop.
I won't go into huge detail here except to say...that there are several reasons why a person cannot get there at opening and none of them have to do with being to "lazy" to get up early and go. Many of the FP's are used up by the time they can get there. This system might just make it so some are still available when they CAN get there, not HAVE to get there.

Tom

Beta Return
But, before PM EMH was a thing, there were E-Ride Nights.

http://allears.net/tp/etik.htm

Which were AWESOME! I paid whatever little amount they were charging. They'd sell something crazy like only 3,000 tickets for a night. So, if you paid $15, you were literally one of 3,000 people in the MK for 3 hours. EMH doesn't even come close to reproducing E-Ride nights, and sadly, nothing ever will.

luv

E-ride nights were the bomb. :)
I was wondering with the fp+, if you opt out of using the magicband, can you still use fp+ with the RFID card?
When I switched from paper to plastic AP, they told me that eventually, all AP holders will be switched over to the bands.

Someone here said it would be optional.

So, I don't know.

I would prefer the card, so am hoping we'll get to use them if we so choose.

Genie of the Lamp

I always appreciate your insight on FP+/NG @ParentsOf4. I don't really mind allocating 3 FP+ to all WDW Guests as I believe that's a fair offer for everyone. What I would do is offer 3 FP+ everyday to all WDW guests but for resort Guests, I'd allow them to be able to purchase one extra FP+ on certain days of the week. Need a table, I'll show you an example:

Value Resorts: 3 FP+ guaranteed everyday. On let's say every monday and wednesday, they will recieve an extra FP+ reservation

Moderate Resorts: 3 FP+ guaranteed everyday. On let's say every Tuesday and Thursday, they will recieve an extra FP+ reservation

Deluxe/Deluxe Villa Resorts: 3 FP+ guarateed everyday. On let's say every Friday and Saturday, they will recieve an extra FP+ reservation.

Reason I'm saying Resort guests should get an extra FP+ Reservation is because they are offering their services to Disney by staying on WDW property and at a WDW Resort and shelling out the most casholla. So since they are being loyal guests, they should be rewarded by recieving an extra FP+ reservation on certain days. Resort guests need incentives and with EMH's going away, I feel this would be at least a step in the right direction of Disney showing that they care about their on property resort guests. But I'm just looking at it from a domestic out of state WDW guest, not from a local's perspective. I'll miss the EMH (Evening ones) days. One thing I don't like in particular about participating in FP+ is that you won't be able to park hop. Yeah, I agree that FP should be eliminated, but that doesn't make much business sense and wouldn't be well recieved by guests.

I'm quoting myself cause I forgot one group: the other non Disney on property hotels like the Swolphin. Those resorts would get 3 FP+ everyday and on let's say every sunday, they will recieve an extra FP+ reservation in addition to the 3 they are already guaranteed..

Genie of the Lamp

I'm still confused...

So...I show up one day, buy a one day ticket...what is my FP situation?
There will be old-school FP available?
Will I have to whip out my phone and book a FP?
Will I have to find a kiosk and book them?
Is three the limit!

We need a very informative FAQ...

For your 3rd to go along with 4th question, No. Guests will be able to use kiosks inside the parks to choose FASTPASS+ experiences as well as using smartphones or websites if they wish to do so. So yeah, if you don't want to whip out your phone, you'll have to go to a kiosk in the park nearest you and book them there. Here's an article I found uploaded bout 3 weeks ago explaining MM+:
http://orlandovillahire.com/blog/2013/03/03/walt-disney-world-mymagic-explained/

One thing I got away from the article is the part where they said that "For guests who don’t know where to start, Disney will recommend FastPicks – a set of three FastPass+ selections that serve as a starting point – and give guests the option to customize their selections". To answer your 5th question as well, it looks like 3 will be the limit and you can only use them at one park (no FP+ park hopping) for that one day. For your second question, at first there will be old school FP still available but eventually there will be no more old school FP as only FP+ will cease to exist. That's the way it's looking right now. I can't answer your 1st question though.

Lee

Adventurer
To answer your 5th question as well, it looks like 3 will be the limit and you can only use them at one park (no FP+ park hopping) for that one day.
I'm not sure about that.
It was my impression that you could book three in advance, only at one park for the day
But, if you are a day visitor or AP holder, you could get a FP for Splash, ride it, then hop to DHS and get one for ToT.
Which is to say, the "one park" thing only applies to the FPs booked in advance, not those acquired day-of.

I think....
Otherwise....the whole thing stinks.

the.dreamfinder

The day WDW stopped doing e ride night was the day WDW jumped the shark.
Ahem...
CINDERELLA_CASTLE.jpg

Goofyernmost

Disney didn't jump the shark with that one. What they did do was upset those with no sense of whimsy and appreciation for efforts and expense being made to do something different with a plastic castle for a special celebration. However, for what it was worth, it did manage to knot up the panties of many, many people and that, in and of itself, was pretty humorous. :cool:

RSoxNo1

Three FP+s per day.

Presumably, you can't use them on all headliners. So you will have to choose, Splash, Space, BTMRR, or PeterPan for example, then at the other end, there will be mountains of unwanted, unneeded, unused FP+s for COP, PhilharMagic, CBJ...
Yes, this is the flaw with the new system. It's no longer linked to limiting distribution, but rather limiting usage. Previously when linked to distribution each attraction was treated individually, you made choices on distribution based on how far out the return time was and when you could acquire a new Fastpass. now it's a set # per day.

RSoxNo1

I'll guess at this

I'm still confused...

So...I show up one day, buy a one day ticket...what is my FP situation?
You will be entitled to whatever is leftover and will get a choice of 3 that day.

There will be old-school FP available?
Fastpass will be available day of, it's just a matter of how much. I suspect that you will still be limited day of.
Will I have to whip out my phone and book a FP?
Presumably the app will allow you to scan in your ticket and then use your phone to "program" your ticket with Fastpass+ reservations
Will I have to find a kiosk and book them?
This appears to be the option for people that don't have smart phones. I suspect this will work as follows, scan your ticket select your Fastpass attractions and your time, assign it to your ticket. I also suspect you'll be able to have the scanners read your tickets to tell you what your times are if you can't read them on your phone.
Is three the limit!
Hopefully that's just the initial test, I really hope 3 is the limit on just the most crowded days. Right now, under the current system the "limit" is closer to the 8-12 range but it's broken apart by time.
We need a very informative FAQ...
Hopefully that helps.

RSoxNo1

I'm not sure about that.
It was my impression that you could book three in advance, only at one park for the day
But, if you are a day visitor or AP holder, you could get a FP for Splash, ride it, then hop to DHS and get one for ToT.
Which is to say, the "one park" thing only applies to the FPs booked in advance, not those acquired day-of.

I think....
Otherwise....the whole thing stinks.
This can play out a few ways, think of the scenarios:

• If the change becomes 3 FP reservations in advance, but you can't use day of Fastpasses that would alleviate stress for some peoplem, but theoretically put those people at a disadvantage if other people could acquire more than 3 day Fastpasses
  • If the change becomes 3 FP reservations in advance, and as many as you can acquire under the old rules day of, that's a significant incentive to stay on property, and a huge disadvantage to day guests
My proposal was 1 FP reservation in advance for resort guests, ap holders and DVC members, and everyone would be on the same system day of. Even if it's determined that the number needs to be 2 FP reservations per day for resort guests and ap holders, it could still probably work. I obviously don't have access to exact data on Fastpass capacity, but I have good estimates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom