Next Annoucements?

menamechris

Am I the only one who thinks that 40 is kind of a "psht" anniversary?

Most people could care less about the actual birthday or anniversary. It's that it has historically been an excuse to tackle improvements, expansions, and new offerings in the parks. So basically, not doing anything tells alot of people that nothing too terribly exciting will be happening for the next decade...

Patrick_Ears

I know one thing. Disney sure has more land to expand than Universal..... I think Disney has something up there sleeve and it could be coming with this Fantasyland Expansion........ heheee. Maybe i said too much.

stitch2008

And maybe we're just voicing our opinions, too? I was thinking I might have been too harsh by your post, but looking at it again, I think it's pretty obvious that I was just joking, not being mean. Along with the other posters.

My bold highlights of his post remind me of what someone at TDO would post if pretending to be a poster on these boards.

I probably didnt get it this morning, considering I was in a bad mood this morning. 3 hours of sleep thanks to an 82 degree house with no AC or power didnt make me happy this morning.:fork:

Hummer1676

I for one would like to see some "spring cleaning". Year of new management....... I wouldn't mind if it was the "Year or Refurbs" if they can add details. Its all about the details and it seems like forget that WDW while they get it right at DLR.

wizards8507

Most people could care less about the actual birthday or anniversary. It's that it has historically been an excuse to tackle improvements, expansions, and new offerings in the parks.

They're DOING that but they just haven't tied it to any anniversary. What you're basically saying is that they just slap a "40th Anniversary" tag on the FLE and it would be exactly what everyone's looking for.

So basically, not doing anything tells alot of people that nothing too terribly exciting will be happening for the next decade...

I'm looking at the timeline of updates that people have put on other threads and I really don't see this stagnation that everyone is talking about. There's a TON of stuff going on but people around these parts learn about all the rumors so early that we get bored with stuff before it even opens to the public. FLE, Snow White, and Star Tours, for example, are being completely ignored in this and other threads by people bent on complaining.

It really seems like anything short of a fifth gate, Beastly Kingdom, Lucasland, or Pleasure Island would come across as "disappointing" to this community, and that just doesn't seem fair.

That being said, I will join the ranks of the disappointed if the 50th anniversary doesn't come with something special.

menamechris

They're DOING that but they just haven't tied it to any anniversary. What you're basically saying is that they just slap a "40th Anniversary" tag on the FLE and it would be exactly what everyone's looking for.

Hhhmmm...no.

I'm looking at the timeline of updates that people have put on other threads and I really don't see this stagnation that everyone is talking about. There's a TON of stuff going on but people around these parts learn about all the rumors so early that we get bored with stuff before it even opens to the public. FLE, Snow White, and Star Tours, for example, are being completely ignored in this and other threads by people bent on complaining.

It really seems like anything short of a fifth gate, Beastly Kingdom, Lucasland, or Pleasure Island would come across as "disappointing" to this community, and that just doesn't seem fair.

That being said, I will join the ranks of the disappointed if the 50th anniversary doesn't come with something special.

Let me break down my thoughts on this. Yes, the FLE is being done. Very exciting. I hope it is everything some people think it will be. I think it will be extremely exciting for children.

The update of Star Wars was just necessary if they were going to keep the attraction. The previous version was extremely dated, and there was rarely a wait to get on (excluding peak seasons) - in a park where there are few other attractions to go on.

As far as the other projects go - they are fantastic, if you HAPPEN to stay at the Art of Animation Resort (I don't know about you, but touring value resorts is rarely on my list of things to do as a guest), or they require an insane amount of money to participate in (Wild Africa Trek). The new queues are exciting to see once - but unless you are 10, you will breeze through them, think "That's neat-o", and not necessarily feel the need to go through them again.

There isn't much debate here. I don't think anyone is saying NO projects are happening at WDW, I am simply saying that the majority of them do not drastically enhance the average guest's experience. No new parade, no new fireworks, no new "E" tickets. But yes, I can look to FLE in 2 years....

menamechris

Every time they introduce a new parade or fireworks everyone that they like the old shows better. They really can't win.

Some people do. I don't deny people their opinions. There will always be people who think that NOTHING should EVER change. But I think even the most purist of Disney fans can agree that big improvements need to be made to all parks. Nostalgia only gets you so far for so long...

devoy1701

Every time they introduce a new parade or fireworks everyone that they like the old shows better. They really can't win.

We haven't gotten a new parade or new fireworks so I'm not sure what you are comparing to to say "every time". MSEP is recycled from Disneyland and though I prefer it over Spectro, it's not new. Summer Fanstasmic was recycled from Pirate and Princess Party.

Lets get a new show that integrates elements from everything they've done so far include perimeters and the new projection tech from Magic Memories and You and a new soundtrack that uses clips from Disney movies old and new and I don't think you'll see many people complaining (except for those who think Wishes! is just the best thing ever). I would love to see show at MK that utilizes attraction audio and music and characters that is kind of a living, breathing, history/recap of the park over the past 40 years! I think Disneyland did something like this for the 50th.

Give us a new unique parade too, not something recycled...take the time, the money, and the effort to give us something to celebrate this 40th Milestone with and again I don't think you'll see many people complaining. I don't care if they reuse some floats or even intertwine and adapt the melody from Spectro a bit, but don't just bring back Spectro with nothing done to is and say "Hey look! Spectro's back and we're calling it new because it hasn't been here in 3 years so aren't you proud of us!?" Because that's the kind of stuff that really makes us fanboys mad.

wizards8507

""Hey look! Spectro's back and we're calling it new because it hasn't been here in 3 years so aren't you proud of us!?" Because that's the kind of stuff that really makes us fanboys mad.

That's exactly what they're doing with Enchanted Tiki Room and the fanboys are thrilled. :shrug:

devoy1701

That's exactly what they're doing with Enchanted Tiki Room and the fanboys are thrilled. :shrug:

I'm so glad that is the only thing you pulled out of my post, completely missing my point. :rolleyes:

The difference is the majority of the people don't like Under New Mgmt, but we don't want to see the Tiki room go....we'd much rather have it reverted back to the original then it stay the way it was or be bulldozed.

Spectro draws huge crowds, so does MSEP, but they tried to pawn it off as a special limited engagement even though we all knew it wasn't. It wasn't a bad move bringing in MSEP, but if it stays around a bit longer then is replaced with the same ole Spectro they shouldn't expect a pat on the back and a Job Well Done.

cheezbat

I think the biggest thing is that the only real additions that are happening attraction wise are happening at the Magic Kingdom. No love for Epcot. No love for Studios. No love for Animal Kingdom. When was the last time Epcot got a new attraction? 2007? And that was the Nemo overlay to the seas? What about Animal Kingdom? 2007...finding Nemo the musical - replacing another stage show.
Now Studios has two of the newer attractions in Toy Story Mania(2008) and American Idol(2009), but that park needs more rides and attractions since It's been going stale and losing it's identity.

So I think the biggest complaint from us fans is not that they aren't doing ANYTHING, it's that they aren't adding attractions and rides to the other three parks...the parks that need them most. Of course, we're also looking down the street at Universal and seeing innovation and money spent almost every year now at one of their two parks. And we can't forget all the love the California Disney resort is getting either. Now is sort of a time to be a somewhat cynical Disney fan in Florida. I get it. I feel it.

_Scar

I can honestly say I would like no major updates. I'd like to wait and see what the new Fantasy Land expansion will be like.

There has been so much coming, big or really small over the past few years. Let's give Disney a year off to take a step back and evaluate :shrug:

On the otherhand, some small things like next gen characters, RFID implementation would be really cool!

This is what TDO wants (& hopes) every WDW goer thinks like lol

Shoot, we need something new in Epcot or DAK. No exceptions.

But while I think about it

1.) FLand
2.) Art of Animation
3.) Hyperion Wharf

And possibly GF DVC announcement soon... that's covering almost even topic (parks, resorts, recreation). Looks like we gotta wait another 5 years. :lol:

TP2000

I wouldn't be mad if there were no updates. The FLE will be exciting enough for the next few years =)

And the fairly stable attendance for WDW in recent years, during the Great Recession no less, is a pretty solid argument that you aren't alone in that sentiment amongst likely WDW customers.

There is one of their famous "What's Next?" media events scheduled this Friday at 11:00 AM Pacific Time, but it's being held in DCA after the Star Tours grand opening ceremony at Disneyland earlier that morning and it will likely center on a Disneyland Resort agenda.

I can't think of a time where they've done a "What's Next?" media show and mentioned something on the opposite coast. Or am I forgetting something and it's possible they'll talk about WDW this Friday during that big media event?

Thrill Seeker

I think the biggest thing is that the only real additions that are happening attraction wise are happening at the Magic Kingdom. No love for Epcot. No love for Studios. No love for Animal Kingdom. When was the last time Epcot got a new attraction? 2007? And that was the Nemo overlay to the seas? What about Animal Kingdom? 2007...finding Nemo the musical - replacing another stage show.
Now Studios has two of the newer attractions in Toy Story Mania(2008) and American Idol(2009), but that park needs more rides and attractions since It's been going stale and losing it's identity.

So I think the biggest complaint from us fans is not that they aren't doing ANYTHING, it's that they aren't adding attractions and rides to the other three parks...the parks that need them most. Of course, we're also looking down the street at Universal and seeing innovation and money spent almost every year now at one of their two parks. And we can't forget all the love the California Disney resort is getting either. Now is sort of a time to be a somewhat cynical Disney fan in Florida. I get it. I feel it.

How does everyone forget Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (2011). We did get an awesome new attraction this year...

TestTrack

Am I the only one that found it amusing that as of a little while ago WDW had TWO attractions based on Honey I shunk the Kids? If you want to talk about dated that's all you need to point out...they could at least retheme the playground to a bugs life...

menamechris

How does everyone forget Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (2011). We did get an awesome new attraction this year...

Except that it's not new. It has just been updated and revamped. Basically bring it up to the standard of your local movie theatre that shows 3D movies. Other than that, it is the same 1980's-inspired simulator ride it always was....

TestTrack

The kids love that play ground. Go check it out especially the gate to leave, one kid after another crying and hanging on to the fence etc because they don't want to leave. LOL> It's one of the strangest sights to see kids in HWS who simply think that play ground is the greatest thing in HWS. Don't see the need to do anything. The play ground in Dinoland is also well loved by the younger crowd. I have small children so this is all fresh in my mind and I probably wouldn't realize it if I didn't have children. Same goes for Tom Sayers Island, most kids love it many adults can do with out it. As far as Honey I Shrunk The Audience, yes that had to go but again a child doesn't know something is dated in fact what they got out of that movie was it was scary.

Didn't say it wasn't loved by kids...kids will love almost anything ;).

I'm saying its embarassing for a company like Disney to have two attractions based on a 1989 movie that, in my opinion, is not regarded in anyway as a "classic" like Indiana Jones/star wars/Wizard of Oz.

It just broadcasts how dated these attractions are. Change it for that respect alone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom