Next Annoucements?

wizards8507

Didn't say it wasn't loved by kids...kids will love almost anything ;).

I'm saying its embarassing for a company like Disney to have two attractions based on a 1989 movie that, in my opinion, is not regarded in anyway as a "classic" like Indiana Jones/star wars/Wizard of Oz.

It just broadcasts how dated these attractions are. Change it for that respect alone.

That's exactly what Disney should NOT be doing. You can't just start retheming everything to match an existing popular brand. Stitch's Great Escape, anyone? HISTA had its time and its time was up. The playground, on the other hand, has shown it can remain popular regardless of whether its tied to a popular property. Song of the South also is "not regarded in anyway as a 'classic' like Indiana Jones/star wars/Wizard of OZ," so should they start retheming Splash Mountain? Big Thunder isn't tied to any movie, so should it become Woody's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? How about Wall-E's Space Mountain? Tim Burton's Teacups Starring Johnny Depp? :rolleyes:

TestTrack

That's exactly what Disney should NOT be doing. You can't just start retheming everything to match an existing popular brand. Stitch's Great Escape, anyone? HISTA had its time and its time was up. The playground, on the other hand, has shown it can remain popular regardless of whether its tied to a popular property. Song of the South also is "not regarded in anyway as a 'classic' like Indiana Jones/star wars/Wizard of OZ," so should they start retheming Splash Mountain? Big Thunder isn't tied to any movie, so should it become Woody's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? How about Wall-E's Space Mountain? Tim Burton's Teacups Starring Johnny Depp? :rolleyes:

Ok you twisted what I said just a little bit...

I was referring to the playground at DHS...a park based on movies and the making of them. So yes, I think they should stay either current(risky) or theme attractions to movie classics at Disney Hollywood Studios.

I never said to go retheming all of the Magic Kingdom attractions to movies...never said anything close to that.

And in reference to Honey I shrunk the audience I don't believe it belonged at epcot in the first place.

puntagordabob

Every time they introduce a new parade or fireworks everyone that they like the old shows better. They really can't win.

Wish they would rotate them ...MSEP during one time of month and another on another

That's exactly what they're doing with Enchanted Tiki Room and the fanboys are thrilled. :shrug:

Actually what they did at the Tiki Room was to take advantage of an opportunity to fix something that they royally errored on.

wizards8507

Actually what they did at the Tiki Room was to take advantage of an opportunity to fix something that they royally errored on.

And that's exactly what 33% of the people would say if they brought back Spectromagic. Another third would bemoan the loss of MSEP and the remainder would say both are insufficient.

menamechris

And that's exactly what 33% of the people would say if they brought back Spectromagic. Another third would bemoan the loss of MSEP and the remainder would say both are insufficient.

I promise you that no one is mourning the loss of "Under New Management". Parades are a matter of personal taste. And I don't personally know of anyone who absolutely detests either parade, they just have a preference of one over the other. The nice thing is that if MSEP is or isn't your favorite, it doesn't matter - because Spectro will be returning. And then MSEP will return...and so forth and so on...

devoy1701

I promise you that no one is mourning the loss of "Under New Management". Parades are a matter of personal taste. And I don't personally know of anyone who absolutely detests either parade, they just have a preference of one over the other. The nice thing is that if MSEP is or isn't your favorite, it doesn't matter - because Spectro will be returning. And then MSEP will return...and so forth and so on...

This Wizards guy is taking the smallest point of all of our posts out of context and blowing it into something that we are absolutely not saying. See my responses, TestTrack's responses, your responses. I just don't think he gets it, or atleast he's going to try to keep twisting our words until we think we don't get it.... I'm moving on. :cool:

menamechris

This Wizards guy is taking the smallest point of all of our posts out of context and blowing it into something that we are absolutely not saying. See my responses, TestTrack's responses, your responses. I just don't think he gets it, or atleast he's going to try to keep twisting our words until we think we don't get it.... I'm moving on. :cool:

Most definetly agree.... :cool:

wizards8507

Yeah. I suck. :shrug:

vinnya1726

Next?

I have to say that Disney is doing a lot in recent years not just here in the states, but globally as well. I think we forget that Disney is not a bottomless pit of money and cannot simply do everything we want. With that said, I think we will see something announced for either EPCOT or DHS soon. Disney is not stupid, they need to compete with Universal and they will have to deal with Legoland and that could hurt them as well. I think we will get a surprise in the fall. Hopefully for all of us a big one or two that will satisfy everyone and continue to keep the park fresh for both the children and adults.

whylightbulb

Though it would be a bit embarassing for Universal to announce their expanded Potterland with WDW having nothing to compete with it.
Universal has more than Potter phase 2 in various stages of development. The next year or so will be very interesting indeed.

ctxak98

We ALL can admit that each park has things that need to be fixed, improved, or updated. I can list for hours things that are broken on certain rides. I agree with most people that Magic Kingdom and Hollywood studios have had their share in the wealth of additions to the park. Epcot and Animal Kingdom really need an extra something to make them come to life again. Dont get me wrong expedition everest is amazing but not as amazing with a broken yeti :shrug:.....and epcot needs another thrill. I just hope imagineering is seeing what we are seeing.

TP2000

I just hope imagineering is seeing what we are seeing.

Imagineering can see it. Heck, an untrained amateur like myself can see it.

But it's the sharp pencil boys in the administration building that hold the pursestrings closed. Imagineering can't do much if they don't have the money to pay for it.

PalisadesPkteer

The best i think we can hope for at this time is,

1. JII 4.0 (hopefully with the honey hut ride system)(But, lets face it. If we get a new 4.0 version at all it will likely be based on current ride system)
2. MI coaster (the one with the door scene)
3. Small New animal exhibit at AK (probably where the poacher truck was_
4. Tiki Room opens with "close" to original experience

Think 1 and 2 are not happening. Only other announcement would be if they truly are going to have 3rd partys open up some of the clubs from PI

NoChesterHester

I think we are going to get more details on the FLE at the Expo, just like we did on Carsland two years ago.

I hope for an announcement at the Expo for something coming, but I'm not overly hopeful.

The return of an updated Spectro would be nice.

puntagordabob

I am Puntagordabob and I do NOT agree with this statement nor do I agree with your Tiki Room statement. (ok ok not the best attempt at humor there but I havent had my coffee yet!)

Yeah. I suck. :shrug:

Legoland is not going to hurt WDW in the least. Let's be serious.

They say neither can a single (barring any diseases lol) mosquito hurt you, but if enough mosquitos are present that could be quite different..... so its not Legoland, but perhaps a combination of many little mosquitos nipping at WDW's heels that is starting to elicit a response from TDO. Granted WDW is not in any respect in "serious danger" or anything at this time (let's be realistic!)...However the many competitors out there are putting out a great product (improving rapidly and some would say at times better - I havent seen Potterland so I am only repeating other's claims with that). It is like a hurricane warning....you know it is coming and if its a serious storm you would be wise to prepare for it or else at your own peril.

Today the Mosquitos are simply annoying...but they are no longer simply consiting of "Alligatorland", "Dinasaurland" or other tourist-trap like attractions. Disney will always be the big guy here in Orlando...and when most people thought of Orlando in the 70s 80s and perhaps even the 90s they thought WDW!!!!! Today the majority still do, but I suspect more and more people are thinking of Orlando as WDW/UNI/INSERT OTHER land.....and that if allowed to grow will in time become a real problem. Will WDW ever die? I would say no, but then again the Roman empire was supposed to be eternal as well...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom