Next Annoucements?

PorterRedkey

D23 just announced it's line up for August with a brief description of what to expect.

The Walt Disney Studios will give fans a fascinating behind-the-scenes glimpse at the exciting roster of projects on the horizon. From exclusive video clips and live performances to filmmaker discussions and star appearances, audiences will be treated to an up-close look at select movies from the Studio’s upcoming film slate.

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts will be showcasing its “great big beautiful tomorrow” with a sneak peek at imaginative new experiences in the works for Disney Parks around the world, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney and Disney Vacation Club

I think it is interesting that Studios is seperate for the other parks and resorts. It sounds like they will be announcing something new for DHS (Monsters, Inc coaster?) It seems everything else will be about Disney parks around the world.

Just my thoughts...

Thrill Seeker

D23 just announced it's line up for August with a brief description of what to expect.

I think it is interesting that Studios is seperate for the other parks and resorts. It sounds like they will be announcing something new for DHS (Monsters, Inc coaster?) It seems everything else will be about Disney parks around the world.

Just my thoughts...

The description is to vague to go off of. I'd say let's take a wait and see approach. I'm hoping for the Monster's INC Coaster, Soarin' Around the World, Imagination V4.

Tigger1988

Just my thoughts...

Hollywood Studios does not equal the Walt Disney Studios.

devoy1701

The description is to vague to go off of. I'd say let's take a wait and see approach. I'm hoping for the Monster's INC Coaster, Soarin' Around the World, Imagination V4.

Soarin' Around the World (in Digital High Def so dust and hair doesn't show up on the film as I'm riding) and Imagination V4 would be enough to tip Epcot back into a favorable direction for me. Look everyone who thinks fanboys are hard to please and only want e-tickets! I just want 2 updates to existing attractions and I'd be happy!

of course I wouldn't mind if they finally announced a plan for WoL...

menamechris

I agree that it is an extremely vague description. It could be as simple as them re-hashing the Fantasyland expansion and Carsland at DL. Technically, those are "on the horizon"...

PorterRedkey

That Studios reference is not about the park. It is about the film-making division of the Disney Company.

I realized this after I posted. WDS was the film branch not the park.:hammer:

Please move along... nothing to see here.:zipit:

RSoxNo1

Soarin' Around the World (in Digital High Def so dust and hair doesn't show up on the film as I'm riding) and Imagination V4 would be enough to tip Epcot back into a favorable direction for me. Look everyone who thinks fanboys are hard to please and only want e-tickets! I just want 2 updates to existing attractions and I'd be happy!

of course I wouldn't mind if they finally announced a plan for WoL...

An update to an existing E-Ticket in Soarin' and an upgrade to an attraction that's a C/D to an E-Ticket?

Soarin' Around the World doesn't seem that unlikely. No structural changes. The only costs I can think of would be filming/editing the new movies, and having Imagineering come in to create new programs to match the new flight experience. I think TDO will look at the new Star Tours and see how people respond to the "every flight is different" aspect, and if the response is favorable, it would seem very likely that we could see Soarin' 2.0.

Thinking about it, it seems like ToT started this thought process, of having a ride where there is a different experience to some extent when you ride it. Can anyone think of a ride before the ToT updates that did this (besides live shows)?

NoChesterHester

Soarin' Around the World doesn't seem that unlikely. No structural changes. The only costs I can think of would be filming/editing the new movies, and having Imagineering come in to create new programs to match the new flight experience. I think TDO will look at the new Star Tours and see how people respond to the "every flight is different" aspect, and if the response is favorable, it would seem very likely that we could see Soarin' 2.0.

Thinking about it, it seems like ToT started this thought process, of having a ride where there is a different experience to some extent when you ride it. Can anyone think of a ride before the ToT updates that did this (besides live shows)?

Don't underestimate the cost of producing a high quality film. It can easily surpass the cost of hard construction. It isn't like you just put three guys in a helicopter for a week and you are done.

I would bet we will see an updated and digital Soarin, but not until Shanghai opens. My guess is a new Soarin film will be developed for Cali, Shanghai, and Florida simultaneously. The cost can then be split.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Don't underestimate the cost of producing a high quality film. It can easily surpass the cost of hard construction. It isn't like you just put three guys in a helicopter for a week and you are done.

This is very true, I just wonder with all of the DisneyNature films that are out there / in production that they couldn't find a way to share some footage. While I've not seen any of the DisneyNature films, I'm imagining that there are some "sweeping landscape" shots taken from a helicopter or some sort of flying device.

Not saying that they should just be taking b-roll footage out of thier pictures to do this, but more along the lines of:
"Hey, while you are out flying over the African Savannah to film that wildabeast heard, take this camera and take some footage like this..."

Now, I understand greatly how in a large business with different business units / divisions that this level of cooperation is not always easy (sometimes near impossible in my experience). It just seems like an easy way to get the jump start production on something akin to Soarin' over the World. I'm sure that they would still need to send camera crews specifically out to get other footage, but it seems like you could reduce your cost (and spread some budget out) with cooperation between different units like this.

devoy1701

This is very true, I just wonder with all of the DisneyNature films that are out there / in production that they couldn't find a way to share some footage. While I've not seen any of the DisneyNature films, I'm imagining that there are some "sweeping landscape" shots taken from a helicopter or some sort of flying device.

Not saying that they should just be taking b-roll footage out of thier pictures to do this, but more along the lines of:
"Hey, while you are out flying over the African Savannah to film that wildabeast heard, take this camera and take some footage like this..."
Now, I understand greatly how in a large business with different business units / divisions that this level of cooperation is not always easy (sometimes near impossible in my experience). It just seems like an easy way to get the jump start production on something akin to Soarin' over the World. I'm sure that they would still need to send camera crews specifically out to get other footage, but it seems like you could reduce your cost (and spread some budget out) with cooperation between different units like this.

ooooh. thinking logically... that's something a lot of large corporations don't do very well. especially across various business units.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
ooooh. thinking logically... that's something a lot of large corporations don't do very well. especially across various business units.

Believe me, I know. You just described many, many meetings I've been a part of.

Still though, even by looking through the hours of b-roll footage that I'm sure have been shot they might be able to come up with things that may work. As a rider would I care if they were re-using footage that was released in Earth or African Cats? I didn't mind too much on the Trench Run for original Star Tours, why would I mind here?

Heck, cut a deal to have Soarin' sponsored (co-sponsored? Is Nestle still a sponsor?) by The Travel Channel and have them help obtain the needed footage.

i think Disney is slipping somthing into epcot other then a new world showcase land because they have to attract more then just adults to that park because personally i know when i was a kid i never wanted to go to the showcase unless there was good food or a ride involved. they need to add a e ticket to Epcot and there is no way around that. DHS needs some updating with a new RC cause i feel that it is the true theme of DHS because of TOT and RRC. AK is a different story with Everest being added only a short time ago i highly doubt anything new will be coming to that park since it was such a hit, Personally i think they should have left Toontown in this FLE and they should have spent that money on making something new and exciting there somewhere like tomorrowland or adventure land and ive said that all along. Disney is most likely affraid of the idea of beastly kingdom and i believe that is maiinly because of the reaction people had to the pixie hallow land theory. a whole new land can make some people angry. i was one of the people who was ed at the idea of pixie hallow. wouldn't it of made sense that if beastly kingdom was even on the radar that Everest would have been in that area?

RSoxNo1

I would bet we will see an updated and digital Soarin, but not until Shanghai opens. My guess is a new Soarin film will be developed for Cali, Shanghai, and Florida simultaneously. The cost can then be split.

I wouldn't be shocked if this is spread out across every resort actually. There have been Soarin' Rumors in both France and Japan as well.

jmick71

i think Disney is slipping somthing into epcot other then a new world showcase land because they have to attract more then just adults to that park because personally i know when i was a kid i never wanted to go to the showcase unless there was good food or a ride involved. they need to add a e ticket to Epcot and there is no way around that. DHS needs some updating with a new RC cause i feel that it is the true theme of DHS because of TOT and RRC. AK is a different story with Everest being added only a short time ago i highly doubt anything new will be coming to that park since it was such a hit, Personally i think they should have left Toontown in this FLE and they should have spent that money on making something new and exciting there somewhere like tomorrowland or adventure land and ive said that all along. Disney is most likely affraid of the idea of beastly kingdom and i believe that is maiinly because of the reaction people had to the pixie hallow land theory. a whole new land can make some people angry. i was one of the people who was ed at the idea of pixie hallow. wouldn't it of made sense that if beastly kingdom was even on the radar that Everest would have been in that area?
Beastly Kingdom:
i don't understand the comparison between BK and the pixie hollow theory. BK would have had a at least one "E" ticket thrill ride and much more. on the other hand Pixie hollow seemed to be a M&G with one carnival style ride and re themed barnstormer

Everest:
Not necessarily because EE fits perfectly into Asia. the only thing that fits into BK is they yeti, but there was no plan for him in the original BK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom