News for Figment Lovers

diddy_mouse

General Grizz said:
Folks, Dreamfinder was an experience.

i couldn't agree more! to me Dreamfinder is one of the nostalgic things about EPCOT. he played a vital role in the storytelling of Imagination! and, though i do like Eric Idle, it's just not the same. Dreamfinder can never be replaced and by taking him out of the picture the character of Figment looses, well, his character.

Figments Friend

I totally agree with you both...Dreamfinder WAS Epcot for crying out loud! I miss him and the original ride (mind-altering joyful exerience it all was) a LOT. Epcot is empty and souless without it.

I like the new suit...Figment looks great, my only issue being the large text on his shirt. Other then that, he looks fab from the one pic i have seen so far.

Anyone else who gets some fab photos of him anytime soon please share! I love seeing these!!

I'm with Tahu on this one. Let's be happy that we are at least able to meet Figment again after all these years...and I still agree that they did an excellent job in designing the costume.

Grizz, you were VERY harsh in calling the new Figment an imposter! You MUST stop criticizing what they've done with Figment. You've made your points clear too many times...enough's enough!:mad:

Figment IS the same character, the one and only, that we first saw in the early 1980's--he just behaves differently, that's all...and for the same reasons that Tahu posted!

The new Figment meet-and-greet is NOT a cheap replacement.

Enjoy what they have, Grizz...and please stop being so obsessive here. It's getting VERY annoying and irritating!!!:mad:

FigmentJedi

General Grizz said:
Eh, I consider the new Figment to be a totally different character. The personality of the new (2002 - ) and original (1982-1998) Figment seem to be near opposite, if you really analyze the character.

I know I'm being harsh on this character. He doesn't look bad, despite being out of proportion and overgrown. But after meeting Figment for who he was for 16 years, and now seeing a totally different character, I just don't like this change. This isn't because I don't like change; it's because I don't think this was a step in the right direction in bringing Figment back as a character -- not only because of size, but because of the original interactive nature with the Dreamfinder. Actually, this reminds me of the 1980s gigantic Figment blowup balloon. I laughed seeing how huge it was, and this really isn't much different - it seems almost like a regression in quality and entertaining storytelling.

Folks, Dreamfinder was an experience. This is a photo-op. Dreamfinder made kids think when he asked, "Well, what are you?" And who can forget Figment spinning the hats of the mass of children gathered around him and the Dreamfinder? Sure, kids will hug this new character, but they are missing out on one of the best Disney experiences in history. In other words, I see this walkaround as a cheaper replacement of the Dreamfinder, and it's nowhere near that.
Figment is the same character, but with Dreamfinder gone along with most of the other Old Epcot characters, he's in serious need of psychological counciling.

General Grizz

disneyphilip said:
I'm with Tahu on this one. Let's be happy that we are at least able to meet Figment again after all these years...and I still agree that they did an excellent job in designing the costume.

Grizz, you were VERY harsh in calling the new Figment an imposter! You MUST stop criticizing what they've done with Figment. You've made your points clear too many times...enough's enough!:mad:

Figment IS the same character, the one and only, that we first saw in the early 1980's--he just behaves differently, that's all...and for the same reasons that Tahu posted!

The new Figment meet-and-greet is NOT a cheap replacement.

Enjoy what they have, Grizz...and please stop being so obsessive here. It's getting VERY annoying and irritating!!!:mad:
I know how you feel -- and you know how I feel, so there's no need to get mad. Smile. . . :)

General Grizz said:
I know how you feel -- and you know how I feel, so there's no need to get mad. Smile. . . :)

I hate to say this, Grizz, but I'm already mad at you. The bashing NEEDS to stop, so please cut Figment and the current Imaginaiton more slack, please.

nickcarraway

Folks, we should really be more optimistic. Maybe in a few months, they'll introduce a giant Dreamfinder that will hold this new Figment in his arm.

General Grizz

nick said:
Folks, we should really be more optimistic. Maybe in a few months, they'll introduce a giant Dreamfinder that will hold this new Figment in his arm.
We can dream. :)

Philip - please don't get so worked up over my posts. They're my opinions, and if they anger you, there is a block option on these forums that you can feel free to use on me. Thanks.

Ariel17

DarkMeasures said:
I shudder from that idea. The main reason for that is it would just be the Figment pavilian then. I think the best would actually be if Imagineers started from scratch for Imagination. But it would need to follow these rules.
-No Figment
-No Dreamfinder
-No Nigel
-No Imagination Institute
-No Sponsor
-No Management interference
-High budget

Even though it would be expensive, I think the best could come from that. The reason why? Imagineers would have the full potential of their imagination (minus those guidlines) to create a truely amazing attraction. I don't see why the imagination pavilian is abut imagination if the imagineers are forced to imagine attractions with figment.

I AGREE!

Thelazer

Hmm, it's a bit on the scary side isn't it?

I like the smaller figment, the good old "Puppet" figment that dream finder used to have. Now that had charm to it, this one seems to be lacking in personality.

SirGoofy

disneyphilip said:
I hate to say this, Grizz, but I'm already mad at you. The bashing NEEDS to stop, so please cut Figment and the current Imaginaiton more slack, please.

I can understand cutting Fig a break, but the new Imagination? Come on, that is horrible. That ride is no where near as good as the original.

FigmentJedi

The Imagination Institute is lame, even Figment knows that. I mean, look at his actions in the ride.
I propose a in park protest thing by having the new Figment meet and greet support us with a sign saying:
FREE THE EPCOT 5! We want Dreamfinder, the Sage of Time, Elfin, Cosmo, and Leonardo Columbus back!
Of course other people's list may vary, but you get the idea, make a sign and have pics of the characters we want back, Dreamfinder being a must in many people's case.

aimster

He's cute, but definitely too big. I'll take little Figment any day... I just want to SQUEEZE him (but I wont).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom