News for Figment Lovers

FigmentJedi

He doesn't sign autographs? Dangit! Then again, considering he's brand new, they might still have to figure out how the signature will look.

SirGoofy

YAY! Figment! I think he looks great, except his collar is a little to high. And also Figment can be as tall as he wants to be. He is a figment of imagination sfter all :lol: .

DarkMarik368

In my opinion They just shouldn't have changed the ride in the first place. I liked everything from the ride to the games upstairs. And the theatre I dont care what they do to it. I mean I hated it when it was Micheal Jackson way back when and I think Honey I Shrunk the Audience is boring so any change is good there

DarkMarik368

You guys have got to be kidding me. Are you seriously arguing over a cartoon character (cool as he may be). Look hes purple. He has orange horns. Hes not naked. And he flies. Just leave it at that.

SirGoofy

DarkMarik368 said:
In my opinion They just shouldn't have changed the ride in the first place. I liked everything from the ride to the games upstairs. And the theatre I dont care what they do to it. I mean I hated it when it was Micheal Jackson way back when and I think Honey I Shrunk the Audience is boring so any change is good there

Welcome to the club :lol: .

General Grizz

Okay everyone, let's sing:

Barney and Friends said:
I love you
You love me
We're a happy family

With a budget cut
And a Dreamfinder, too
This was the least that they could do

Sorry :p

Oh, Dreamfinder, where art thou . . .

ShowLetter.gif

disneyfreak1259

DreamFinder sorta MADE Figment in my eyes....Without him Figments sorta incomplete. I think they should bring him back along side Figment in a new themed ride or show!!! That would be the BEST!!:D

FigmentJedi

We really do need Dreamfinder back. Heck, there's alot of characters that need a return like the Sage of Time, the singing foods from Food Rocks and Kitchen Kaberet, and the Dreamseekers. And Grizz, did you have to be too harsh on the new Figment meet and greet? Sure Figment is now taller then Goofy, but did you have to call him an imposter? Figment changed much in personality since Dreamfinder left because he's alone and bitter about the captures of his friends and the Institute isn't the best place to hang around, considering the lack of imagination that makes Figment want to let loose some chaos. THat may be WHY he is so mischevious in the new ride, he wants to let loose some steam and bring some fun in an otherwise dull place. The main problem with JIIWF is no Dreamfinder and the seemingly self centered theme in "Fig Hall" What we need there is some good pics of Dreamfinder and maybe a dartboard with Eisner's picture on it.

General Grizz

Tahu said:
We really do need Dreamfinder back. Heck, there's alot of characters that need a return like the Sage of Time, the singing foods from Food Rocks and Kitchen Kaberet, and the Dreamseekers. And Grizz, did you have to be too harsh on the new Figment meet and greet? Sure Figment is now taller then Goofy, but did you have to call him an imposter? Figment changed much in personality since Dreamfinder left because he's alone and bitter about the captures of his friends and the Institute isn't the best place to hang around, considering the lack of imagination that makes Figment want to let loose some chaos. THat may be WHY he is so mischevious in the new ride, he wants to let loose some steam and bring some fun in an otherwise dull place. The main problem with JIIWF is no Dreamfinder and the seemingly self centered theme in "Fig Hall" What we need there is some good pics of Dreamfinder and maybe a dartboard with Eisner's picture on it.
Eh, I consider the new Figment to be a totally different character. The personality of the new (2002 - ) and original (1982-1998) Figment seem to be near opposite, if you really analyze the character.

I know I'm being harsh on this character. He doesn't look bad, despite being out of proportion and overgrown. But after meeting Figment for who he was for 16 years, and now seeing a totally different character, I just don't like this change. This isn't because I don't like change; it's because I don't think this was a step in the right direction in bringing Figment back as a character -- not only because of size, but because of the original interactive nature with the Dreamfinder. Actually, this reminds me of the 1980s gigantic Figment blowup balloon. I laughed seeing how huge it was, and this really isn't much different - it seems almost like a regression in quality and entertaining storytelling.

Folks, Dreamfinder was an experience. This is a photo-op. Dreamfinder made kids think when he asked, "Well, what are you?" And who can forget Figment spinning the hats of the mass of children gathered around him and the Dreamfinder? Sure, kids will hug this new character, but they are missing out on one of the best Disney experiences in history. In other words, I see this walkaround as a cheaper replacement of the Dreamfinder, and it's nowhere near that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom