News and Rumors EXTRA

ptaylor

Premium Member
image.jpg

The car is back outside Sid's. Glad to see.

doctornick

This is exactly the reason Disney feels they can get away with sub par attractions. Why bother to come up with new attractions or even bother to uphold standards when clearly there are people that will accept anything and are just happy to be a PAP.

To be honest, we all have some things that have nostalgia and feel should be kept and other things that we wouldn't mind seeing replaced. IMHO, MSEP is a classic part of WDW that I would rather keep around. Just because someone enjoys its continued presence doesn't mean that they don't want WDW to have new things.

OTOH, I wouldn't care if they gutted IASW and replaced it with a more interesting ride. But to each their own.

Bocabear

No had it for years
If you have not noticed a decline, then none of these posts will make sense to you...LOl But we all love Disney...it is that reason we are passionate about it and wish for them to uphold the standards they created... We notice the slips...Seems gradual at first but continued degrees of quality lost can soon become glaring...Well to me anyway... I am a detail guy...so I see it all.

If you have not noticed a decline, then none of these posts will make sense to you...LOl But we all love Disney...it is that reason we are passionate about it and wish for them to uphold the standards they created... We notice the slips...Seems gradual at first but continued degrees of quality lost can soon become glaring...Well to me anyway... I am a detail guy...so I see it all.
You sound like someone that looks for the negative, but hey that's just my observation. I don't see slips a matter of fact i make sure to point out to supervisors when someone goes above and beyond, which happens almost everytime.

dadddio

You sound like someone that looks for the negative, but hey that's just my observation. I don't see slips a matter of fact i make sure to point out to supervisors when someone goes above and beyond, which happens almost everytime.
I think that both things can be true.

Every time we go to WDW, we find some great thing that we've never experienced before and we are treated to a great employee who makes it super special. However, we also do notice when things aren't just right; things that you couldn't imagine the company not being aware of.

That being said, I believe that some forum members' love for WDW borders on hate.

Bocabear

I am a designer by trade... I notice everything...the good and the bad. Not looking for the negative but I do see it...Just as I see wonderful details and good things that I am happy to applaud... being discerning does not necessarily make you someone that looks for the negative...don't paint me into that corner....and I won't put you in a "Sheeple" category.

Bocabear

OK let me say something very positive: While I am not a huge fan of Test Track, from a design standpoint, the remodeled version is beautifully stylized, and for me, it feels like a better experience. I liked the original version's silly pre-show, but I like the design stations more...to me that feels like a nice upgrade...And while I would have loved a whole new attraction, this overlay is a very nice upgrade. There...see, I can say something nice :)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
hey you guys need to go find somewhere else to spend your time and money, go buy a motorcycle or something.

Perhaps as the one who is in faux horror and offended tis your good self that should be seeking a pastime that cannot be undermined by others who dont share your very particular and personal point of view.

And was that victim card being brandished, Im shocked.

Mawg

I'm a newbie who joined only 2 weeks ago and everyone has been nothing but friendly.

Oh, and since your new you might be curious about if Disney will be opening a 5th gate in the near future. Go start a new never discussed before thread about if they will. Just kidding, don't do it.

i am a teacher and a coach and have been one for 29 years and i have a five year old (restarted also have 28 and 22 year old) snd the glow and excitement she gives everythime we go (very frequent) can never have a price tag. My profession keeps me fair and balanced and ready to adjust in a moments notice and i have to see details to help improve but i never lose sight of the end result

Perhaps as the one who is in faux horror and offended tis your good self that should be seeking a pastime that cannot be undermined by others who dont share your very particular and personal point of view.

And was that victim card being brandished, Im shocked.
you tried to sound intelligent and witty but you failed.

Next Big Thing

I'd like to take a moment and thank the wonderful IT people at Disney for their cunning inability to tell time.... as they were a good 39 minutes late at making the "A Conversation with Mark Hamill" Fastpasses go live.

Several Billion Dollars well spent, Gentlemen. Buy a damn clock....
Quit complaining.

That is, unless you would rather wait 5 hours in the park to maybe get in.

PhotoDave219

Quit complaining.

That is, unless you would rather wait 5 hours in the park to maybe get in.

No I'm sorry when somebody says it supposed to start at 8 o'clock and your IT people going until 840?

Plus the 25 minutes I spent on hold on the telephone calling the number that was provided?

I have every right to complain.

Bocabear

i am a teacher and a coach and have been one for 29 years and i have a five year old (restarted also have 28 and 22 year old) snd the glow and excitement she gives everythime we go (very frequent) can never have a price tag. My profession keeps me fair and balanced and ready to adjust in a moments notice and i have to see details to help improve but i never lose sight of the end result
But being a coach and teacher do you not notice when the performance is down? or are you just happy they made it to the game? So when they discuss sports endlessly on TV and critique the athlete's performances are they just being negative?...Do they dislike the sport and should go buy a motorcycle?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Yes you are a great exponent of the English language.

They discuss it because they love it and are passionate about it...
We have a saying at my house, "There is no crying at Disney and nothing negative!" Just be thankful that there is such a place. Coaching wise you make corections and move on you don't dwell on the negatives correct and find a positive. As far as people on TV they are getting paid to give there opinion and if I don't like it i just turn the channel or move on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom