New Walt Disney Pictures logo for new Pirates Movie

yoda_5729

Original Poster
Hi....I just got back from the new Pirates movie......saw the first showing....and though I won't post any spoilers to the plot or anything.........right at beginning there is a brand new, much more sceneic Walt Disney Pictures logo before the movie, involving I think Cinderella Castle......It's a panning shot, with fictional scenery around it, like a moat, and looked really cool and well done......I did always like that blue screen with the Disneyland Castle though too :)

SirNim

->Some info here<-

The new production logo begins in the clouds, if memory serves me correctly, almost like the DreamWorks boy sitting in the moon.

Then, the camera pans down to and along a very wide, impressive river. There are lights on either bank of the river, as if there are villages or towns or cities from various WD animated films.

The camera follows the river until it reaches the Castle.

The castle looks like a hybrid between Cinderella's and Sleeping Beauty's (i.e. WDW's and DL's). It's much taller...significantly taller in scale than DL castle, and even more impressively taller than WDW castle.

Realistic too. I'm gonna throw out a guess that it's computer generated... :lookaroun :lol:

Lots of turrets and towers. It still retains the basic form of Sleeping Beauty Castle—you can make out specific towers and features of the Disneyland original. Much taller though, as I have already said, and "pimped."

"Pimp my castle." :cool:

Blizz

I have a feeling it is a lot like the new Touchstone logo that Blinding Edge Pictures (M. Night's production company) designed for them during production of "The Village."

I am sure it was not paid for (or at least completly paid for) by Disney. My bet is Jerry Bruckheimer Films paid for it. (obviously Disney paid for everything, I just mean JBF might have been the one to get a new one produced)

THECARISMINE

I love the new logo just hope Its not a onetime thing and on another note That movie had to be the best sequels I've ever seen in my life I love it I think I'm going agian tomarrow:sohappy:

Pongo

I prefer the old one. I liked its simplicity, and the new one is just too much.

But it's not bad. I like it, I just prefer the old one.

I loved the logo too!! And I loved the movie even more! I agree w/ the carismine that it is one of the best sequels i have ever seen!!! It started off kinda slow, but picked up quickly. The sword fighting scenes were awesome!! And the ending anyone??????WHAT???????? I have so many questions, but I won't go into specfics so as not to spoil those who have not seen it yet!!

Any predictions on how well it will do opening weekend. It got bad reviews in both People and EW (which also features the cast on a beautiful cover), but who listens to critics anyways? I sure don't!

wedway71

I saw it too today and I loved it.Very magical.I looked at my wife and said Id love to get that as a screen saver.

Bobble

I just saw th movie and the new logo is very cool. It sort of reminded me of the animation done at the beginning of the Wonderful World of Disney movies that they have on ABC. It makes it look like you are right in front of the castle.

Blizz

danzingcutie12 said:
Any predictions on how well it will do opening weekend. It got bad reviews in both People and EW (which also features the cast on a beautiful cover), but who listens to critics anyways? I sure don't!

According to Variety it opened at 4,133 locations on who knows how many screens. In a poll they conducted 50% said it was their first choice when going to see a movie this weekend (thats a huge deal in Hollywoodland!). They expect record numbers.

wedway71

I saw the movie today and loved it but I swear somewhere in internet land I read that it was going to be in New Orleans or did I loose my mind?:hammer:

the-reason14

I wish there was a way to see it online. My brother seems as though he really wants to see it, I was surprised, me I dont care. I have to admit that this one looks MUCH better than the first, but I dont know. I didnt really enjoy the first one that much, when I first saw it I was like, "That was ok, it wasnt as good as everyone said it was." Only reason why I think it did so well, was because of the cast, I think if that wasnt the case it wouldnt have been that well recieved. But Ill see, I may see it on Sunday, the day we began our WDW vacation.:sohappy:

Shaman

I wonder why they didn't include the new logo for Cars....if they were going to change it and all...

It was nice though. The movie wasn't bad at all...a bit better than the first, though it could've been shorter.

:D

llrain

cars = animated therefore you get the old fashioned blue drawing
potc= real life so it uses lets call it a real life (although it is amimated)
logo....
You prob wont see it in animated movies

the non animated movies, from my recollection, never used the blue disney logo

DisneyDellsDude

wedway71 said:
I saw the movie today and loved it but I swear somewhere in internet land I read that it was going to be in New Orleans or did I loose my mind?:hammer:

I remember reading that too.

I'm guessing it's for the last movie??!

imagineer boy

wedway71 said:

Well, Tia Dalma's shack is in a bayou similar to the opening scene in DL's version of POTC and the Blue Bayou resauraunt which it sails by complete with firefly effects!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom