New Walt Disney Pictures logo for new Pirates Movie

OliveMcFly

The new opening looks great. Of course my friend automatically looks over at me and laughs. HeHe I'm the Disney Queen in that group. HeHe

wedway71

imagineer boy said:
Well, Tia Dalma's shack is in a bayou similar to the opening scene in DL's version of POTC and the Blue Bayou resauraunt which it sails by complete with firefly effects!
I must have crazy taste in woman but I thought Tia Dalma with her blue teeth was really hot:sohappy:

imagineer boy

wedway71 said:
I must have crazy taste in woman but I thought Tia Dalma with her blue teeth was really hot:sohappy:

I don't know what it was, but I actually found Tia Dalma really attractive too. Mainly because she looked so cool with the dred locks, raggy dress, and gold teeth. I don't know, but something about her was just... kinda hot.

CTXRover

For those who haven't seen Pirates or want to see the new logo again, it is available on Youtube. The quality of sound and video isn't perfect, but its the best copy/video of it I could find:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XlGBxJuYqs

To compare, here is the old logo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRIW79PrILY

(I imagine the new logo video is from a pirated copy of Pirates (no pun intended), so if this is in violation of some wdwmagic forum policy, feel free to remove it for me)

CTXRover

I saw it a few days ago.
Personally, I liked the old one better.
Oh well...

I liked the immediate recognition of the old one when it first came on screen. The new one reminded me of Dreamworks at first, but it becomes recognizable as soon as it hits the flag of the castle. Otherwise, the new logo is more beautiful, more detailed and more magical than the old one imo. The old one just didn't have much too it, which is nice in its own way as well. I think the new one is wonderful though.

darthjohnny

Is the new logo just for pirates since it is based of a Disney theme park attraction, so they make the castle look like the one from the theme park?

Connor002

I liked the immediate recognition of the old one when it first came on screen. The new one reminded me of Dreamworks at first, but it becomes recognizable as soon as it hits the flag of the castle. Otherwise, the new logo is more beautiful, more detailed and more magical than the old one imo. The old one just didn't have much too it, which is nice in its own way as well. I think the new one is wonderful though.
I prefer the simplistic design of the old one. I want to be wow-ed by the movie, not the logo.

I can see the argument for both sides, but I still fall to the nostalgic...

(And I also thought the same about Dreamworks-esqu-ness)

CTXRover

Is the new logo just for pirates since it is based of a Disney theme park attraction, so they make the castle look like the one from the theme park?

No, the new logo is the one that we should start to see before all WDP releases and trailers from here on out if I understand it right. It was meant to replace the old logo with something more fitting of the 21st century. It just happened to premiere with the biggest Disney film of all time.

The castle is actually a composite castle with attributes from at least two versions of Disney's castles across the world. The bottom is most similar to DL/HKDL's castle and the top is obviously closest to MK/TDL's castle. The rest is just a bit of new design not seen in either castle. I'm not sure if any aspect of Paris's castle is on the design or not, but there may be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom