News New Villains Show Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2025

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Yes, not a crazy common occurrence but it has happened. Festival of Lion King is the most recent. Carousel of Progress moved twice, from Worlds Fair to Disneyland and then from Disneyland to MK.

Specific to 3D shows Captain EO left and came back but without all in theatre effects. So the idea of moving muppets to another 3d theatre would certainly be on the table.

Also, Mickey Mouse Revue from MK to Tokyo DL

Magic Journeys from Epcot to MK

Chef idea Mickey`=

And they are not going to do it now. It’s a simple fact. There are almost 0 recent examples of Disney doing this. If they’re kicking something out to better utilize the space they are not spending the money to move it.
Then I guess will be stuck with Old Fantasyland at The Magic Kingdom. I read Tokyo had the intentions to move their It's a Small World in order for their Fantasyland Expansion. However that's OLC company.

Quietmouse

What does villains have to do with sunset Blvd? I’m kind of lost on the theming at this point. I guess tower of terror matches the dark theme…but then go ahead and retheme rock n roller coaster as well at that point.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I’m surprised they aren’t running the cars until January 5-ish
What I'm hating more with Disney, more so than D23 is these random day announcements but most of all with these end closing dates as if everyone is a local with an annual pass.

This is only just one month away and Great Movie ride was worse like 2 weeks I don't remember. Why can't each thing at least give 5 months to a year. What is there to hurry this new show anyways..

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
This is only just one month away and Great Movie ride was worse like 2 weeks I don't remember. Why can't each thing at least give 5 months to a year. What is there to hurry this new show anyways..

Is there really a reason Racing Academy NEEDS more than a month for a send off? Is anyone actually basing their trip on seeing this before it closes? Just watch a video on YouTube... it's really not that different than if you saw it in person. If you didn't go see it anytime in the last 5 years, I don't get the rational that you need to see it now and if you did see it anytime in the last 5 years, I don't see why the need to get one more view in (that couldn't be satisfied by just watching it on YouTube).

Brian

Is there really a reason Racing Academy NEEDS more than a month for a send off? Is anyone actually basing their trip on seeing this before it closes? Just watch a video on YouTube... it's really not that different than if you saw it in person. If you didn't go see it anytime in the last 5 years, I don't get the rational that you need to see it now and if you did see it anytime in the last 5 years, I don't see why the need to get one more view in (that couldn't be satisfied by just watching it on YouTube).
This. It's one thing if it were a ride like GMR, but for something that's purely a show, I don't think it needs a lengthy 'notice period.'

splah

My two year old nephew is head over heels for Cars. Although not the greatest show around. He loved it. In fact when it was over he was pitching a fit. We definitely made a point to visit.

Now i think that speaks more to the parks "aging up" experiences vs having more things for younger children than this specific show itself. As the only in-park cars experience, it was a must do.

am i heartbroken its gone? no. but it did fill a role and purpose

TrainsOfDisney

Is there really a reason Racing Academy NEEDS more than a month for a send off? Is anyone actually basing their trip on seeing this before it closes?
Not for you and me, but lots of families will be visiting for the Holidays. Probably a few kids would have enjoyed this :)
My guess is they need to get the aa out of there asap for reprogramming maybe for mk?
Not related - they won’t be needing it for a few years ha.

ednamodedarling

Maybe that’s the “one more thing” in the works that’s yet to be announced? Or Luminous updates.
I am soooooo hoping the NEMO show is the rumored show getting a replacement. A new draw on that side of the park is needed if Dinoland is going to be shut down for a while. Also ... the revamped nemo show is just tragic lol.

Up, Coco, Tarzan, Jungle Book, Moana or Emperors New Groove show?? I think mermaid could work here as well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom