News New Villains Show Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Summer 2025

tissandtully

I'm not sure what the actual capacity is, but I'd estimate from eyeballing it that each of the existing three sections of seating can hold ~75-100 people, so maybe ~225-300? That would put it somewhere around half the total capacity of MuppetVision. However, I imagine the entire thing will be reconfigured. The wraparound curved screen and animatronic dais take up space that they can easily free up now, and they'll probably want more traditional theater seating rather than the benches they currently have.
I actually think this space is kinda small for a full stage show, so I'm curious how they will fit it all in

TrainsOfDisney

Will it be enough for a Full Villains Musical?
I’m thinking it’s more of a Villains Cabaret.

They’re probably going to add actual seats rather than keeping the bleacher seating they had for Racing Academy.
we shall see - mermaid and muppets have nice theatre seating but Beauty and the beast, festival of lion king and Nemo have bleacher style seats.

Good to see this show coming, a little surprised by the announcement personally.
It's funny what they hold back in the D23 announcements, could have been a perfect 1-2 with the land announcement like "you'll be able to get a taste next year in...". I guess it's nice to drip-feed but easy for these things to be missed by the GP.

Very excited for this. With the steady demographic shift to groups without children it's an obvious move for adding something a little bit more mature while remaining firmly family-friendly.

tissandtully

It's funny what they hold back in the D23 announcements, could have been a perfect 1-2 with the land announcement like "you'll be able to get a taste next year in...". I guess it's nice to drip-feed but easy for these things to be missed by the GP.

Very excited for this. With the steady demographic shift to groups without children it's an obvious move for adding something a little bit more mature while remaining firmly family-friendly.
Seems like WDI has moved to this mode of getting feedback in real time after announcements, it's probably what they were looking at before they announced this show.

Epcot81Fan

What do Lightning Mqueen or Aerosmith have to do with Sunset Boulevard?
Aerosmith fits perfectly on Sunset Blvd as some of the world’s most famous recording studios, labels, and concert venues are on Sunset Blvd and the surrounding area so an attraction about a rock band in a recoding studio going to a concert gig in LA is a natural fit.

Lighting McQueen, on the other hand, is a complete embarrassment for WDI.

ConVMagic

This seems exciting! I wonder if this is a way to "test" Villains Land- to see which villains are the most popular with guests, and to see how scary/dark they can get. Maybe there will even be some M&G opportunities! Super pumped for this one 😁

HauntedMansionFLA

Here's the announcement:

Deep in the shadows of Sunset Boulevard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, something delightfully wicked is about to take the stage. It’s an all-new live production starring your favorite Disney Villains – debuting summer 2025!

View attachment 812994

The creative minds at Disney Live Entertainment will transform Sunset Showcase into the mysterious, reflective realm of the Magic Mirror. The show will feature appearances by dozens of the most infamous evildoers, with fiendish foes Cruella de Vil, Captain Hook and Maleficent each breaking through the glass to take the stage in live production numbers.

View attachment 812993

Before these villainous fiends take the spotlight at Sunset Showcase, guests should speed on over for another lap around the track at Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy before October 7.

RIP Muppets

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom