New Tomorrowland Rock Paint Job

Marco226

Here is the test swatch.

Oh wow, there's actually very little violet. It's mostly tints and shades of blue. The only violet you see is when the blue changes into the red-orange. If they go with this, I guess it won't look so horrible since the land is supposed to be a fantasy alien spaceport.

Thanks! However, I am not the best editor to make the different shades but...
View attachment 154095

Ha! You were kinda right with the colors you used. They sorta match the test rocks. I'm so happy they're not 100% grape purple. Haha

matt9112

just go full blown steam punk give us the future that never was a timeless piece of our imagination a future that never was but always could be. could do steam punk different than france. could still use more modern colors and themes but create a fake future that could never be dated because it never happend.

Pam Hates Penguins

This tweet has another angle of the new paint job:
https://twitter.com/mysticflights/status/759839290876567552

Yep. I want this:
CouBETOVMAEMt2H[1].jpg

Matt_Black

just go full blown steam punk give us the future that never was a timeless piece of our imagination a future that never was but always could be. could do steam punk different than france. could still use more modern colors and themes but create a fake future that could never be dated because it never happend.

They DID give us a "future that never was" with the 90s refurb, it's just more focused on the pulp era aesthetic (Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Burroughs, and maybe a touch of Doc Savage) rather than DLP's Verne/ Hugo motif.

The Empress Lilly

We would've had just that, but rather than steampunk, which was hip for like five minutes in last decade, gorgeous mid-century streamline. The most trendy, most sought after style in the world at the moment. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom