New Tomorrowland Rock Paint Job

flyerjab

It looks really good but it also looks out of place with the buildings. Here's hoping that there's much more to come for this land of tomorrow.

I could not agree more. To me, more than any other area of the MK, Tomorrow Land needs the most work. I don't know if there is some natural inclination for the greater percentage of guests to turn to the right, but to me Tomorrow Land is always ridiculously crowded, and comes off as the dirtiest part of MK. Cosmic Rays can get overcrowded at times, and I pretty much flat out refuse to use the bathrooms in Tomorrow Land. This whole area needs a refurbishment.

However long ago that was now, they repainted the People Mover loading area as well as the entire Astro Orbiter. Now they repainted the exterior to CoP and are working on the rocks. But man, the other attractions in this land need to either go or be totally refurbed. You name it: Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, People Mover, Speedway. At least Stitch is going (it seems), and I wouldn't mind of MILF goes for something new either.

The one thing that really bugs me about this area are the outsides and rooftops of the buildings. When you are in the hub looking toward TL, the tops of the building really stick out and just look terrible. From an aesthetic standpoint, I love NFL, the Hub, MSUSA, Liberty Square, AL and FL. But TL just sticks out like a sore thumb. I really hope that this is addressed somehow between now and Oct. 1, 2021.

JohnD

Agree. The purple on the MILF building is particularly unpleasant.

Tomorrowland_Full_28753.jpg

Watch your language!

Mike S

I could not agree more. To me, more than any other area of the MK, Tomorrow Land needs the most work. I don't know if there is some natural inclination for the greater percentage of guests to turn to the right, but to me Tomorrow Land is always ridiculously crowded, and comes off as the dirtiest part of MK. Cosmic Rays can get overcrowded at times, and I pretty much flat out refuse to use the bathrooms in Tomorrow Land. This whole area needs a refurbishment.

However long ago that was now, they repainted the People Mover loading area as well as the entire Astro Orbiter. Now they repainted the exterior to CoP and are working on the rocks. But man, the other attractions in this land need to either go or be totally refurbed. You name it: Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, People Mover, Speedway. At least Stitch is going (it seems), and I wouldn't mind of MILF goes for something new either.

The one thing that really bugs me about this area are the outsides and rooftops of the buildings. When you are in the hub looking toward TL, the tops of the building really stick out and just look terrible. From an aesthetic standpoint, I love NFL, the Hub, MSUSA, Liberty Square, AL and FL. But TL just sticks out like a sore thumb. I really hope that this is addressed somehow between now and Oct. 1, 2021.
I actually like the current Sci-Fi look. I just think it could all use new paint to match the rocks.

G00fyDad

I understand why they went with the rocks, but I miss the waterfalls. The rocks wouldn't look so bad if they used this theme throughout Tomorrowland. Rocks here and there and make it appear like the land was actually a "base on some far off moon or world". Instead, you have clean, nice and smooth Mainstreet and a newly redesigned hub, and ..... BAM! Space rocks. Then, once past the space rocks, it is clean, nice and smooth "future world".

thequirkysarah

I agree with the general sentiment that Tomorrowland needs a LOT of work.

The new rocks are certainly a step up from their previous iteration, but (at this point) their newness draws the eye to the terrible mishmash of today's Tomorrowland. It feels like spring cleaning; you never notice that all the windows are horribly dirty until you wash one. Once that window is clean, you can't stop because everything looks much worse in comparison.

I'm hoping they continue on with the current refresh. The rocks are nice and Carousel of Progress looks like a million bucks. But, Disney really needs to strip away some of the clutter and try to form a more cohesive thematic vision for the land. If not, these few (positive) changes will only underline all of the projects left undone in Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom