New Tomorrowland Rock Paint Job

KikoKea

Here's what Tommorowland look at dawn at Tokyo Disneyland.
tokyo-disneyland-tomorrow-land.jpg
Nice! I like the way it leads the eye to SM, and the colors are repeated. That is lovely.

G00fyDad

True but I think even their towers had falls originally. The whole point of the falls was movement, downward, PeopleMover moving near/far and AstroOrbiter circular. It made Tland exciting and alive just walking in.

Yeah, and I liked it. These rocks.... not so much.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I kind of wish they would go back to the retro look like the one in Tokyo. That way it would never look outdated as it's a retro tomorrow, and it would never need an extensive overhaul like it does now.

It already is a retro tomorrowland. The overhaul needed is really attraction-based with a few fresh paint jobs here and there.

Daveeeeed

It already is a retro tomorrowland. The overhaul needed is really attraction-based with a few fresh paint jobs here and there.
But it's not the "retro" look, it's more outdated future. New color schemes, and rides are needed, but in order to make the land incredible the backside needs extensive theming compared to it being bare, and there needs to not be so many trees in the back and concrete. Water/grass, and exterior changing would be the way to make this land one of the best as it needs to be cohesively themed, not a mishmash.

Daveeeeed

I've always thought that a good way to differentiate between Tomorrowland in MK and Future World in EPCOT CENTER (yes, I will be sure to include the "Center" at all times from this day forward) was to keep Tomorrowland looking more retro.
I agree I think that would work. SInce we all know a Tomorrowland movie style Tomorrowland is not going to happen, a cheaper, but fantastic way to keep it cool would be Retro. Future World hopefully will have a more TRONesque look. Marni said that aesthetic changes are probably going to happen in FW, so this would be a good time to keep them different. Even if they don't go back to the old Retro look, they could make the current erector-set architecture style look really good if they redo the color scheme, and cohesively theme it. The front and back need to have the same style.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
But it's not the "retro" look, it's more outdated future. New color schemes, and rides are needed, but in order to make the land incredible the backside needs extensive theming compared to it being bare, and there needs to not be so many trees in the back and concrete. Water/grass, and exterior changing would be the way to make this land one of the best as it needs to be cohesively themed, not a mishmash.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Are to talking about DLs tomorrowland or MK?

Daveeeeed

That may be true. But the theme is still consistent for the most part throughout. With the exception of a few weird paint choices like at tomorrowland terrace.
It has the same theme, but in WDW the backside is in even worse shape than the front. Originally the theme was supposed to go throughout the land, but was cancelled due to budget cuts. So it is inconsistent with the execution. The entrance up to Astro Orbiter has more elements to it, while the back, and the Speedway area are much more bare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom