New Titles and Positions Announced including Jim MacPhee

HMF

I mean it's fine to have problems with the way TDO does things, but Lutz is like a spoiled brat the way he says stuff.

"I think this is crap, so it should go to WDW."

"Haha, WDW, we're getting good stuff and you're just messing things up for everyone."
Yeah' that's what I mean. He's basically saying Eat it up Disneyland Fans those poor WDWers won't be getting this.etc. I can sort of see why' because during the Pressler/Hariss years WDW got everything and DL got DCA. I guess it's kind of a payback thing.

tirian

Don't get your hopes up. Latest reports say DL will get Star Tours 2 long before we do because of our cheap management. and that it might take a decade before we get our Little Mermaid ride.:(

That's what Al Lutz says, not necessarily what will happen...

...although he has an amazing track record right now...:(

tirian

I think Kevin is for the most part negative. I dont know why since hes worked for Disney 3 times.

I think he is negative for the fact when he tries to have a positive spin on anything, he always slips in things like...

" It was SUPRISINGLY good"

or " I was expecting the WORST"

It is almost like he can't get his fingers to type anything nice about Disney.

He blamed the Mouse for not knowing how to dress on a cruise. I'll never forget that one. :lol:

WDW1974

I mean it's fine to have problems with the way TDO does things, but Lutz is like a spoiled brat the way he says stuff.

"I think this is crap, so it should go to WDW."

"Haha, WDW, we're getting good stuff and you're just messing things up for everyone."

Al is as bad as the worst fanbois ... you know the type ... they only care about their favorite park/attraction/restaurant/show/Idunnoadventurer'sclub ... they can't see the big picture.

Al has done a lot of good for the DLR by being a watchdog/bulldog whenever Disney has done things to WalMart the place ...

But Al has a weakness like said fanbois ... he only cares about what he cares about ... and that is DL (and now grudgingly DCA -- 'the heroin monkey' that saved DL) and that's it.

He doesn't care about WDW ... or any other resort ... or any other aspect of TWDC really.

His love is DL and you better not mess with it or you'll wake up to see him quoted in the LA Times or OC Register or any other mainstream/respected media outlet.

He also, like many fanbois, knows that he is being read by many WDW fans and enjoys poking fun at them.

Do I think Al has done more good than anyone in the Disney online community in getting TWDC to uphold its own standards? Without a doubt. And that's why I respect him ...

But he's smarmy and whiney ... and enjoys taking shots at WDW, often for no good reason (and we all know there are plenty of good reasons).

Anyway, saw his update today ... and while I KNOW Star Tours 2.0 is coming to WDW (can't say the same for Mermaid at all), he may well be correct about the timing issues ... and I certainly KNOW that TDO could be causing problems in getting this installed in Anaheim due to the whole One Disney deal.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

WDW1974

That's what Al Lutz says, not necessarily what will happen...

...although he has an amazing track record right now...:(

No one ... and I mean no one has Al's track record over the past 4-5 years.

His batting average went from around .400 (great if you play for the Phillies, no so good if you're writing about things you say are going to happen) to around .925.

The man knows what he is talking about ... and that scares Disney ... a lot. Back in 2002 yours truly was actually approached by a Disney VP pal who wanted 'thoughts on how to deal with Al.' Really ...

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

GothMickey

Anyway, saw his update today ... and while I KNOW Star Tours 2.0 is coming to WDW (can't say the same for Mermaid at all), he may well be correct about the timing issues ... and I certainly KNOW that TDO could be causing problems in getting this installed in Anaheim due to the whole One Disney deal.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

I hope you are right that Star Tours 2.0 is coming. And it would be up to Rasulo to tell TDO to spine up, grow a set of large brass ones, and do what is right for the resort. Or just tell them they have no choice, so EAT IT.

tirian

His batting average went from around .400 (great if you play for the Phillies, no so good if you're writing about things you say are going to happen) to around .925.

The man knows what he is talking about ... and that scares Disney ... a lot. Back in 2002 yours truly was actually approached by a Disney VP pal who wanted 'thoughts on how to deal with Al.' Really ...

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

Wow.

MousDad

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

So I take it Al's source(s) didn't take the buyout? :lol:

tirian

I hope you are right that Star Tours 2.0 is coming. And it would be up to Rasulo to tell TDO to spine up, grow a set of large brass ones, and do what is right for the resort. Or just tell them they have no choice, so EAT IT.

Rasulo may or may not do that; it depends on how much he's pressured by others above. But if he were an exec who really understood the parks* and their brand—not just spreadsheets overlaid with pixie puke—the One Disney strategy would be brilliant.

*Their purpose, which is to create experiences that cannot be matched or replicated by anyone else, utilizing all of Disney's resources, not just momentary princess or pirate fads. If you do this and manage the parks correctly, you'll make money. Walt understood this. Eisner understood this in his first ten years. Even the Card Walker era that almost destroyed the studio understood this.

GothMickey

Rasulo may or may not do that; it depends on how much he's pressured by others above. But if he were an exec who really understood the parks* and their brand—not just spreadsheets overlaid with pixie puke—the One Disney strategy would be brilliant.

*Their purpose, which is to create experiences that cannot be matched or replicated by anyone else, utilizing all of Disney's resources, not just momentary princess or pirate fads. If you do this and manage the parks correctly, you'll make money. Walt understood this. Eisner understood this in his first ten years. Even the Card Walker era that almost destroyed the studio understood this.

Is it that Iger and Rasulo don't get it or they do get it but don't want to act out on it? I mean, other parks have caughht up, and in some cases, passed up Disney experiences (Spider-man ride anyone?)...

jt04

Is it that Iger and Rasulo don't get it or they do get it but don't want to act out on it? I mean, other parks have caughht up, and in some cases, passed up Disney experiences (Spider-man ride anyone?)...

After riding Spiderman the first time I would have agreed but it isn't aging well. Let's see what Potterland brings.

GothMickey

After riding Spiderman the first time I would have agreed but it isn't aging well. Let's see what Potterland brings.

Potter has the potential to surpass Disney even more. And I have little faith left in the management team in Disney to respond with something that surpasses Potter.

wilsonhanks

Potter has the potential to surpass Disney even more. And I have little faith left in the management team in Disney to respond with something that surpasses Potter.

Potter will not make a dent to WDW. This is silliness. It will bring as more people 2 wdw as it would take away.

GothMickey

Potter will not make a dent to WDW. This is silliness. It will bring as more people 2 wdw as it would take away.

It is silliness to think Potter won't have an effect. I don't think it will push Universal's attendance to 16 million, but, it will make a dent.

MOM: Billy, you have a choice, do you want to see Harry Potter or Stitch dancing on a large screen?

BILLY: Harry Potter mommy.

MOM: You sure you don't want to go to see Disney?

BILLY: No Mommy. Dancing aliens and joke telling monsters on screens don't impress me.

wilsonhanks

It is silliness to think Potter won't have an effect. I don't think it will push Universal's attendance to 16 million, but, it will make a dent.

MOM: Billy, you have a choice, do you want to see Harry Potter or Stitch dancing on a large screen?

MOM: You sure you don't want to go to see Disney?

BILLY: No Mommy. Dancing aliens and joke telling monsters on screens don't impress me.

Ok, so that scenario can play out and that is the negative side. What I am saying is that the positive side will outweigh that.

MOM: Billy, you have a choice, where would you like to go on vacation?

MOM: Orlando sounds fun, want to go to Disney while we are there?

BILLY: Yes Mommy.That would be great. But please don't drag me to that karaoke thing[/quote]

GothMickey

Ok, so that scenario can play out and that is the negative side. What I am saying is that the positive side will outweigh that.

MOM: Billy, you have a choice, where would you like to go on vacation?

MOM: Orlando sounds fun, want to go to Disney while we are there?

BILLY: Yes Mommy.That would be great. But please don't drag me to that karaoke thing
[/quote]

Yes it could play out that way as well. But, Universal will see a spike in attendance and Disney will see a drop. Maybe not a huge drop, but a drop nonetheless. And any drop is not good news to Disney.

SirGoofy

Yes it could play out that way as well. But, Universal will see a spike in attendance and Disney will see a drop. Maybe not a huge drop, but a drop nonetheless. And any drop is not good news to Disney.[/QUOTE]

I honestly wish it was a huge drop. SOMETHING needs to happen to shake WDW out of apathy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom