New Titles and Positions Announced including Jim MacPhee

Mr.EPCOT

I didn't keep track of which ones didn't have it, but it seemed like quite a few were missing which prompted me to ask someone in monorail ops. Even if it's just a matter of forgetting...it's not right.

You'll get no argument from me. I know giving them a complete paint job is an ordeal of several weeks, but I would imagine just putting those "D"s on isn't that hard.

Indeed. They need a complete overhaul visually.

Yeah, like an overhaul into a connected extensive PRT system all across property. :D

tirian

Back to the OT

Back to the OT:

Maybe there is a slight silver lining to the rainclouds. Some of my coworkers expressed hope that this "One Disney" reorganization would mean that projects originally planned for WDW, then rejected by WDW management, would get pushed through anyway. Here's hoping that's true.

GothMickey

Back to the OT:

Maybe there is a slight silver lining to the rainclouds. Some of my coworkers expressed hope that this "One Disney" reorganization would mean that projects originally planned for WDW, then rejected by WDW management, would get pushed through anyway. Here's hoping that's true.

Who has final say in which projects get the green light and which ones get to collect dust? I know the accountants have a huge say. And I am sure the management of WDW has a huge say. But, is Rasulo the one that says this is getting done?

tirian

Who has final say in which projects get the green light and which ones get to collect dust? I know the accountants have a huge say. And I am sure the management of WDW has a huge say. But, is Rasulo the one that says this is getting done?

Until now, each resort managed itself, unless corporate pushed something through. Eisner—not WDW execs—is responsible for the Studios, DAK, DTD/PI, hotel expansion, AE, and Splash Mt. He later let it go to h-ll, so don't love the man too much. Iger does not seem to show any of the interest Eisner initially did, so the quality and frequency of park updates and projects are basically in Rasulo's hands. With the new "One Disney" initiative, I don't know who's going to be greenlighting projects.

One thing is certain: as long as this means Holmes can't deny needed upgrades, attractions, and refurbs at the MK, I'm satisfied. :D

HMF

Back to the OT:

Don't get your hopes up. Latest reports say DL will get Star Tours 2 long before we do because of our cheap management. and that it might take a decade before we get our Little Mermaid ride.:(

jt04

Don't get your hopes up. Latest reports say DL will get Star Tours 2 long before we do because of our cheap management. and that it might take a decade before we get our Little Mermaid ride.:(

I don't believe the slant on that Lutz story for a minute. When (and if) DL gets ST2 so will WDW. Guaranteed!

HMF

I don't believe the slant on that Lutz story for a minute. When (and if) DL gets ST2 so will WDW. Guaranteed!
Did you read his editors comment? Unfortunateley Lutz tends to be right 95% of the time and with WDW's current Management style I would have to agree with him.

SirGoofy

"I promised you another Disneyland update today and it's now up. That celebration/balloon thingy on Main St. is so ugly, it belongs in Disney World. - Al Lutz"

Seriously, Al?:rolleyes:

jt04

A.L. is a tool

Did you read his editors comment? Unfortunateley Lutz tends to be right 95% of the time and with WDW's current Management style I would have to agree with him.

I didn't see it the first time through. Primary example of why the guy has no integrity in my book. It's impossible to take his blog seriously and those who write for him. I think Kevin Yee had something going but I found myself more and more not being able to take him seriously either. Mr Yee jumped the shark as soon as he wrote the AIE is fixed article. That cinched it for me.

I am so happy Steve has integrity. That is why this is a great site!

Captain Chaos

I am glad some of you are getting your hopes up a little but after this rebranding... I will start to get my hopes up when I start to actually SEE change and not hear about it...

HMF

I didn't see it the first time through. Primary example of why the guy has no integrity in my book. It's impossible to take his blog seriously and those who write for him. I think Kevin Yee had something going but I found myself more and more not being able to take him seriously either. Mr Yee jumped the shark as soon as he wrote the AIE is fixed article. That cinched it for me.

I am so happy Steve has integrity. That is why this is a great site!
Kevin's articles have not been that good lately. Al' on the other hand has a relativeley good track record as for insider info.

wedway71

I think Kevin is for the most part negative. I dont know why since hes worked for Disney 3 times.

I think he is negative for the fact when he tries to have a positive spin on anything, he always slips in things like...

" It was SUPRISINGLY good"

or " I was expecting the WORST"

It is almost like he can't get his fingers to type anything nice about Disney.

HMF

I think Kevin is for the most part negative. I dont know why since hes worked for Disney 3 times.

I think he is negative for the fact when he tries to have a positive spin on anything, he always slips in things like...

" It was SUPRISINGLY good"

or " I was expected the worst"

It is almost like he can't get his fingers to type anything nice about Disney.
Well' I do agree that he should lighten up a bit but I understand where he is coming from considering Disney's recent output.

SirGoofy

I see what you mean. I enjoy his articles and share many of his opinions. However' I do take objection to his constant WDW bashing.

I mean it's fine to have problems with the way TDO does things, but Lutz is like a spoiled brat the way he says stuff.

"I think this is crap, so it should go to WDW."

"Haha, WDW, we're getting good stuff and you're just messing things up for everyone."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom