New Titles and Positions Announced including Jim MacPhee

TURKEY

Original Poster
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-bk-disney-world-executives-021908,0,3087328.story

Disney announces new executive assignments

Jason Garcia | Sentinel Staff Writer
5:10 PM EST, February 19, 2009

The number two executive at Walt Disney World is being bumped up to run newly merged resort functions between Orlando and Anaheim, Calif.

Erin Wallace, who has been the senior vice president of operations at Disney World since August 2006, moves to the new position senior vice president of operations integration/line of business for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

Disney announced the move Thursday, one day after unveiling a broad restructuring of its U.S. theme parks designed to consolidate operations between Disney World and Disneyland. The company, which has been hit hard by a sharp drop in consumer spending, will cut an undisclosed number of jobs in the coming weeks as part of the streamlining.

In her new role, Wallace will oversee a series of combined functions at Disney's domestic parks. They include merchandise development, entertainment and imaging, attractions, lodging, animal programs and environmental initiatives.

Wallace, 49, has been with Disney for more than 23 years. She began in the resort's industrial engineering department, and her assignments have included vice president in charge of the Magic Kingdom, Disney's flagship theme park.

Wallace will report to Al Weiss, president of worldwide operations at Disney's parks and resorts division.

Disney also said Thursday that it has named Dan Cockerell to run Epcot, the second-busiest of Walt Disney World's four theme parks. Cockerell, previously a general manager in the Magic Kingdom, succeeds Jim MacPhee, who will now oversee special projects at the Orlando resort.

Each of the vice presidents overseeing individual theme parks will continue to report directly to Walt Disney World President Meg Crofton. So will MacPhee and the executives in charge of Downtown Disney, golf operations, sports facilities and transportation.

Crofton will continue to report to Weiss.

At the same time as it combines operational functions at its U.S. parks, Disney is also consolidating real-estate and business development functions into one unit and all of Walt Disney Imagineering, the company's attraction-design arm, into another unit.

The goal, a Disney spokesman said, is to develop "a three-pronged team" within Disney's parks division, with one charged with developing new initiatives such as new parks and expansions, another with designing and building the infrastructure, and the third with running day-to-day operations.

Disney's parks division, which accounts for more than a quarter of the Disney Co.'s total revenue, has taken other streamlining steps. Last week, the division announced that Disney Cruise Line and the Adventures by Disney packaged-tour business would be merged into a single department "focused on operating the businesses that take the Disney brand to new places."

yankspy

So Dan Crockell is VP of EPCOT now...?

:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

I have a baddd feeling.:dazzle::( I liked MacPhee.
It could be good. I guess it depends on what exactly his new role is. "Special projects" seems very vague.

Also, the fact that this Erin Wallace has been there for so long leads me to believe that she remembers what the place was like back in the day. That could be a good thing as well.

EpcotServo

So Dan Crockell is VP of EPCOT now...?

:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

I have a baddd feeling.:dazzle::( I liked MacPhee.

Me two.....

*uneasy growl*
picture.php

Easy Chewie...

EPCOT Explorer

It could be good. I guess it depends on what exactly his new role is. "Special projects" seems very vague.

I suppose...Especially if it involves WDI Projects.

How much sat does a VP have over his park anyway? I know MacPhee was a big help to C25, and that was pretty influential.

yankspy

Don't be so sure. She was the one that flubbed several historical lines/facts at C25...and just gave a general odd impression (to me at least)

:ROFLOL:
Gotcha. I really have no idea who she is. I know of Macphee's reputation only from these boards. I am clueless when it comes to Disney's management and so most of these names do not mean much to me. I have to defer to everyone's opinion on these matters. I am curious to hear opinions on some of these people from those in the know. :)

EPCOT Explorer

Gotcha. I really have no idea who she is. I know of Macphee's reputation only from these boards. I am clueless when it comes to Disney's management and so most of these names do not mean much to me. I am curious to hear opinions on some of these people from those in the know. :)

Yep...I too am waiting for out "political pundits" to arrive.:lol:;)

Steve, Marni, Lee, Tirian, 74? Where are you?

(I think we need a WDW version of Meet the Press)

yankspy

Yep...I too am waiting for out "political pundits" to arrive.:lol:;)

Marni, Lee, Tirian, 74? Where are you?

(I think we need a WDW version of Meet the Press)
Yeah, those people. I am particularly interested in hearing their opinions about the whole Imagineering restructuring.

SirNim

Given the state of the economy, and this resultant corporate shuffling, I can only hypothesize that things will trend downward—more DisneyParks gimmicky consolidation in every facet, which is not to say the recent past has not seen more than its fair share of this already. The gut reaction to this news release, I must say, is not positive... :lookaroun And that's said from the standpoint of both fanboy and shareholder...

EPCOT Explorer

Given the state of the economy, and this resultant corporate shuffling, I can only hypothesize that things will trend downward—more DisneyParks gimmicky consolidation in every facet, which is not to say the recent past has not seen more than its fair share of this already. The gut reaction to this news release, I must say, is not positive... :lookaroun And that's said from the standpoint of both fanboy and shareholder...

Well...The first state is reporting in...Polling places just closed a few moments ago...

12 Electoral votes for a Bad Move, Disney.

:lookaroun:lol:

Political humor not working?

I'll shaddup.:lookaroun:lol:

(And I'm very scared if our good friend , Ben, is right.):dazzle:

GymLeaderPhil

developing new initiatives such as new parks and expansions, another with designing and building the infrastructure...
So which one will Imagineering be stripped of since it seems like they're delegating these tasks to separate entities now?

krankenstein

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom