New Ticket Option - 4 Park Magic Ticket

This should work out great for my family! We will be visiting soon. We arrive on a Sunday and depart on a Friday leaving us 4 full days. The plan was to hit magic, epcot and animal kingdom each on separate days. And skipping out on Hollywood leaving an "open" day. Park tickets, including tax, for those three days were going to run right at $1300. It looks like this deal will run us $1145 tax included. So that's $155 less AND we can pop over to Hollywood on our open day if we wanted. So less money and an extra park. Let's hope my math was correct and I didn't overlook any details lol

DDLand

Don't take this the wrong way, but, I agree they are not living in a vacuum which is why most would decide for themselves what they like or don't like. You don't find that out by not seeing what is available to them. Anyone that reads a site like this one and thinks that they have reached a fact based location are not running on all cylinders.

Because we might think that DHS has nothing of interest does not mean, even slightly, that others see it that way. I have been more times then I can count and I still enjoy it. I will admit that I either use Park Hoppers or plan the day to be doing something else for part of it. I have never felt that, either way, I wasn't getting what I wanted out of my vacation. I, however, based on my experience, know what things I want to do again and what I can skip without concern. I didn't make that decision until I had experienced everything at least once. Because of that it makes me cringe when I read post where people adamantly tell others that they should not bother with an attraction because it sucks, is overrated or any of the multitude of reasons (don't like the color of the building) (dated) that are spewed out like it should matter to a first timer. In my opinion anyone that misses out on something that they might have liked because some one with a different set of tastes tells them not too, deserves to be taken. My motto... believe nothing that you read or hear and only half of what you see. Life is much more fun that way.
While nothing you wrote is wrong, don't ignore the fact consensus can be reached.

What do we know?

1) According to multiple insiders, customer sat is tanking at DHS.
2) Attendance at WDW sunk at different times during the year.
3) The park actually has less to do than DCA during it's refurb (headliners like California Screamin', Soarin', Grizzly River Run, Tower of Terror, TSMM, Monsters Inc, Bugs Life Area, Aladdin, etc.)

Yeah, some people may love it. That doesn't mean the viewpoints on here are out of step with guest opinion.

It is by far the worst Walt Disney World Park.

That's why this ticket exists. That and soft attendance.

Goofyernmost

While nothing you wrote is wrong, don't ignore the fact consensus can be reached.

What do we know?

3) The park actually has less to do than DCA during it's refurb (headliners like California Screamin', Soarin', Grizzly River Run, Tower of Terror, TSMM, Monsters Inc, Bugs Life Area, Aladdin, etc.)

Yeah, some people may love it. That doesn't mean the viewpoints on here are out of step with guest opinion.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. Disney is not all that open with attendance numbers on any given day or year for that matter. Also:

I never said that the viewpoints were out of step, but, to say it the way that you are saying it as a general opinion that guests have. Sorry, that is neither logical nor provable at all. I have also stated that there are definable groups of people, mostly frequent visitors and thrill ride junkies that might have that opinion but to think it is a majority is a stretch.

WDW attendance sunk at different times of the year, yes.. but why is much more important then the fact that it did. To put it the way you did you are implying that it was because of some specific action that Disney did, either construction or some other negative happening. I don't think that is verifiable either.

How would the insiders know that satisfaction is tanking (if true at all) at WDW isn't for reasons that are unrelated to Disney at all.

My point right now is we have no way of knowing if what we think we know is real or not.

The only logical, non-disastrous reason for doing this is to even out the crowds levels, take the strain off MK and level the work load for CM's that have to be in those other parks with or without people. It also maybe to counteract the theory that everyone has heard that MK is the only park to go to because all the others are either dying on the vine or have nothing to do when you get there. All of this is untrue of course, but, offer a slightly discounted ticket, what is it about $10.+ per day, and get people to the other parks, out of MK and keep the staffing needed in the other parks. It really isn't enough to make a huge difference on the seasoned WDW traveler. Those of us usually already know what we want to do based on experience and not necessarily on the gloom and doom of a few posters on a website.

21stamps

What do we know?

Has HS not been busy this year? I haven't been, but it sure looks and sounds like it from accounts I've heard and read.

This ticket would have been perfect for us in the beginning of my planning. We were doing 4 parks and MVMCP. Now I have an AP and purchased a 6 day ticket for kiddo so we can pop in MK for a couple of hours. HS is a full day park for us this trip...I'm sad that it closes at 7 instead of 9. AK is our half day park.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

What do we know?

And yet the poster right above you says it's a great deal, and will save them money on their trip. So maybe that's the main reason to offer it? No one on these boards knows for sure. Spirit can have an opinion just like the rest, but that doesn't make it right. Oh, and it may very well be to spread out the crowds a bit, but if that was the only reason, why offer it for less than a 3 day pass? Why not just less than a regular 4 day pass. Would still save people money, but more for Disney coffers.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Has HS not been busy this year? I haven't been, but it sure looks and sounds like it from accounts I've heard and read.

This ticket would have been perfect for us in the beginning of my planning. We were doing 4 parks and MVMCP. Now I have an AP and purchased a 6 day ticket for kiddo so we can pop in MK for a couple of hours. HS is a full day park for us this trip...I'm sad that it closes at 7 instead of 9. AK is our half day park.
It was pretty crowded in late October when we were there. Not summer packed, but good crowd levels.

DDLand

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. Disney is not all that open with attendance numbers on any given day or year for that matter. Also:

I never said that the viewpoints were out of step, but, to say it the way that you are saying it as a general opinion that guests have. Sorry, that is neither logical nor provable at all. I have also stated that there are definable groups of people, mostly frequent visitors and thrill ride junkies that might have that opinion but to think it is a majority is a stretch.

WDW attendance sunk at different times of the year, yes.. but why is much more important then the fact that it did. To put it the way you did you are implying that it was because of some specific action that Disney did, either construction or some other negative happening. I don't think that is verifiable either.

How would the insiders know that satisfaction is tanking (if true at all) at WDW isn't for reasons that are unrelated to Disney at all.

My point right now is we have no way of knowing if what we think we know is real or not.

The only logical, non-disastrous reason for doing this is to even out the crowds levels, take the strain off MK and level the work load for CM's that have to be in those other parks with or without people. It also maybe to counteract the theory that everyone has heard that MK is the only park to go to because all the others are either dying on the vine or have nothing to do when you get there. All of this is untrue of course, but, offer a slightly discounted ticket, what is it about $10.+ per day, and get people to the other parks, out of MK and keep the staffing needed in the other parks. It really isn't enough to make a huge difference on the seasoned WDW traveler. Those of us usually already know what we want to do based on experience and not necessarily on the gloom and doom of a few posters on a website.

To your specific questions...
1) Most recently Spirit mentioned guest complaints and if I'm remembering right used the word "hammered" when referring to Customer Sat. As to how they could determine the customer sat of specific parks, simple. They have Disney Research Cast Members stationed at the entry/exit points of all Walt Disney World theme parks. I'm sure you've seen them. They conduct surveys on the guest's day and get feedback from them while in park. That doesn't even include the email surveys either. You can then compare any data you got from previous years of research to construe overall performance. Other metrics like customer complaints also are telling. This would not be reflective of all Walt Disney World, but gets a very accurate reflection of guest feeling in individual parks.

2) DHS is interesting situation, because it has some of the most popular rides but still is a terrible not worth the price offering. What content is there is actually pretty good, but there isn't enough of it. What's ironic is while cutting down on meaningful offerings they've advertised the heck out of it, and made sure people know that Star Wars is at the park with no name. That means guest expectation is going up with worse pay off.

I pointed at a park that Rasulo once said was a serious problem, that in fact was in a better overall place than our DHS. Food for thought.

3) I'm not saying all the attendance decline/softness is related to DHS, but it seems pretty reasonable to assume that having a terrible park may corralate to attendance softness just like adding to parks and improving offerings can improve attendance. Seems reasonable.

Though you are correct no definitive answer can be gained from the available data. That's why I was careful not to editorialize. I just put that fact out there and let everyone else decide what may or may not be happening.

4) The four parks should be able to equally draw guests naturally, instead of this artificial curation. That would mean they have several powerful offerings. That clearly is not the case. A shame really.

Though have you been to Epcot or DHS? Dead or dying on the vine sounds about right. No one says that about IoA. I wonder why?

It was pretty crowded in late October when we were there. Not summer packed, but good crowd levels.
Keep in mind DHS slashed available guest space, high capacity attractions, and other offerings. Parks tend to fill up faster when there's less space available to be.

Bandini

The four parks should be able to equally draw guests naturally, instead of this artificial curation. That would mean they have several powerful offerings. That clearly is not the case. A shame really.

Though have you been to Epcot or DHS? Dead or dying on the vine sounds about right. No one says that about IoA. I wonder why?
This is exactly why I think this ticket is being offered. It is a great deal, as long as your family wants to go to all 4 parks and it's a great benefit for Disney. Even if the admission is lower, most guests will be purchasing food and souvenirs.
But if all parks were equal draws, this ticket would not be offered. It's another way for Disney to manage the crowds.

rael ramone

Thoughts:

My math might be wrong, but it appears that,with this ticket, they are basically comping an admission to DHS.

And DHS is *definitely* the reason for doing this. Much, much, smaller usable footprint currently. An attraction lineup that, unless pretty much everything on the other side of the turnstiles resonates with you, can't fill a day. And a good part of what they do offer is basically 'temp' offerings.

Last years Unofficial Guide said flat out that DHS in it's then form wasn't worth either a full day ticket, or even a prorated day on a shorter length MYW multiday.

Question is it still worth even being comped in? A day that is *free* still has a *time cost* if your time is limited and you would rather spend that time doing something else, whether it is enjoying a competitors offerings or even just to have a day to sleep in and enjoy your resort. And if that *free* day adds a day to your trip, then there's the cost of an extra night at the resort, and extra day of spending $DIS prices for food, not to mention the possible cost of using an extra vacation day or having to fly out a day that comes at a higher cost. The answer to this question is totally subjective, but enough people think that it isn't worth a higher price for them to do this.

But this comes down to the park having insufficient content to begin with. A park should have a *surplus* of content that's desirable to enough of your guests so they can fill an entire day even if stuff is closed and/or there's stuff that flat out doesn't interest them.

That all said - you get these people in DHS, and they see all these construction walls. Do they say 'Ooh, new stuff coming, can't wait to come back to see it', or do they say 'I want more content NOW. I'm here NOW. I'm not coming back here until they give me more to do'.

Jon81uk

Question is it still worth even being comped in? A day that is *free* still has a *time cost* if your time is limited and you woul

Yes.

We have the UK 14 day tickets with parkgopping etc so makes no difference which park we got to each day etc.
But I couldn't go to WDW and not ride Tower of Terror, it's probably the best attraction of its type in the world. Also I couldn't pass up meeting Chewbacca or seeing a parade of storm troopers and the current Star Wars evening spectacular was worth seeing. Fantastic is also a classic must see for me which meant I needed a second evening in DHS. So there was easily enough for me to make it worth a day and a half at the park. Plus we got to meet Olaf!

Bandini

Yes.

We have the UK 14 day tickets with parkgopping etc so makes no difference which park we got to each day etc.
But I couldn't go to WDW and not ride Tower of Terror, it's probably the best attraction of its type in the world. Also I couldn't pass up meeting Chewbacca or seeing a parade of storm troopers and the current Star Wars evening spectacular was worth seeing. Fantastic is also a classic must see for me which meant I needed a second evening in DHS. So there was easily enough for me to make it worth a day and a half at the park. Plus we got to meet Olaf!
If I were at WDW on a 14 day park hopper, I'd visit DHS too. But we visit for a shorter time and no park hopping, so DHS is a miss for our family.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think they have this ticket for those first time visitors that want to see all 4 parks and Disney is saving them some money. No more, no less

Do you really think when Disney runs hotel discounts its out of charity or simple 'giving people what they want'? The discounts (and this promotion) are to drive value for the business by either attracting new guests, extending stays, or steering behavior.

If it was just out to 'save people money' - just lower the price without the strings attached. The no park repeat is clearly a condition to drive balancing park loads and probably to address some cost concerns. For the latter, we will know if that's a critical point if you see Disney start leading with this price in promotions (and leaving the details about it being a limited ticket to the fine print)

SeanWM48

great purchase for first timers who want to try and see everything

the average first-time traveler to WDW doesn't need a hopper IMO. the parks are all way too big to be hopping around (if your goal is to see everything, or nearly everything). even with DHS 40% construction and AK's limited hours you can still spend a full day there and do disney springs at night or something.

upon return i would buy this, if it were still around. i would miss the option of going back to my resort mid-day and coming back to the park at night. other than that this seems a pretty solid deal

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom