New Ticket Option - 4 Park Magic Ticket

Bandini

I forgot to ask: does this ticket have blackout dates? If not, I guess the surge pricing may be affecting holiday attendance.

GlassHalfFull

Sometimes I miss active duty. 4 day par hopper for 150ish, and Shades of Green with breakfast and dinner included for roughly 130 a night :(

4 day park hopper is 196 now.. I just left the "renovated since I was last there" palm wing yesterday and it always amazes me how much cheaper it is for me to stay there for 8 days with free breakfast buffet that is actually good, compared to a 2 or 3 night weekend trip at any non value resort.. my trip for my wife and I with room and tickets alone(and a night at MVMCP for SOG guests at 62$.. was right at $1550..

Goofyernmost

The problem that I see with this pass is that there aren't really 4 parks. Maybe a few years ago. Its more like 3 and a 1/2 with all the construction going on at DHS. So limiting it to one visit to each per ticket, they're basically either making money off that extra day or finding a way to 'force' people there that otherwise would go for a ride on ToT and the other few and then move along to another park.
That is always being said when for the most part it isn't true. DHS still has more to offer in the form of desired attractions then it did when it lost it's studio status. That was a few years ago. The area that has the construction happening was under utilized for many years. The beginning of TSL was mostly back stage, Streets of America was just a place to walk and the Car show was just a few shows a day. When you think about it, very little in the form of something to do has changed. However, as stated, it makes more sense in the thought that they are trying to get an even distribution of people to each park and given a price break for that. I don't see why that should be a problem. If you want to spend a whole day and evening in DHS you certainly can actually more so now then you could before they started construction.

AndrewsJ

That is always being said when for the most part it isn't true. DHS still has more to offer in the form of desired attractions then it did when it lost it's studio status. That was a few years ago. The area that has the construction happening was under utilized for many years. The beginning of TSL was mostly back stage, Streets of America was just a place to walk and the Car show was just a few shows a day. When you think about it, very little in the form of something to do has changed. However, as stated, it makes more sense in the thought that they are trying to get an even distribution of people to each park and given a price break for that. I don't see why that should be a problem. If you want to spend a whole day and evening in DHS you certainly can actually more so now then you could before they started construction.
Perfectly said. Did many people actually see LMA? Did many people think SOA was an attraction? HISTK? I didn't. We spend just as much time at the studios as we always did. Disney is re-creating a park and people begged for this but now complain that "half the park is closed".

Goofyernmost

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but does this mean that once you're in the park you wouldn't be able to leave to go to the resort and then back to the park? That's kind of a good benefit of the current tickets.
No, that was worded incorrectly. It means that during that four days you cannot enter the same park twice. If you go to MK on Monday, you cannot use those tickets to go back to MK on Tuesday or Wednesday or Friday. Just once per ticket. You can, of course, leave MK on Monday to go to a resort or play mini golf or go to a water park and return to MK on that same day. It's just that once you use that particular ticket for a particular park on that particular day, you cannot use it for that same park on any of the remaining days. You have to use it for one day and all four parks, one day at a time. Thus the discount. The perk for regular price tickets is that you can go to whatever park you want on any day you want. If you have a 4 day ticket you can go to MK all four days if you want too. Can't do that with the 4 day special.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Perfectly said. Did many people actually see LMA? Did many people think SOA was an attraction? HISTK? I didn't. We spend just as much time at the studios as we always did. Disney is re-creating a park and people begged for this but now complain that "half the park is closed".
The D&G crowd here loves to crow about "half" the park being closed, and no matter how many times you point out that it was really only 2 attractions (one of which should have been closed years ago), it keeps cropping up. First timers can easily make a full day out of the park.

DDLand

The D&G crowd here loves to crow about "half" the park being closed, and no matter how many times you point out that it was really only 2 attractions (one of which should have been closed years ago), it keeps cropping up. First timers can easily make a full day out of the park.
Healthy theme parks demand variety. While there's still technically enough to fill a day, there's almost no more choice beyond that. If you're not a thrill ride fan, then you're down two rides and left with much less to do. If you have a family with small children and don't want to go on anything more mature or intense, you're down 2,3, or even 4 attractions. If you're not interested in seeing Princess Stage shows you're down 2 offerings. We could play this game all day. The above is not a problem at Magic Kingdom. If you don't want thrills you just go on dark rides or transportation offerings. If you have children, then there's a variety of offerings beyond the mature or intense. If you don't like princesses go on Big Thunder, Splash, or Pirates.

Disney's Hollywood Studios doesn't have that variety.

It's also too simply to say they lost just "two attractions." Besides closing a huge amount of themed areas (which is one of the reasons theme parks exist) they also lost a popular children's play area and in recent years shows have ended as well. In many cases replacements haven't been improvements and sometimes are net negatives. Stunt Show was 38 Minutes long. That doesn't include queuing, exiting, and traveling to and from the offering. That's an hour out of thousands of guest's days right there. Backlot was 35 minutes long, and with the post-show, pre-show, queuing, etc. could easily take an hour. That's two hours of a guest's day right there gone. Not to mention a loss in variety at an already weaker park.

I think this ticket is clearly an attempt to force guests into a struggling theme that has been reportedly hammered in customer sat ratings. The new adds will be awesome, but things are dire for this park right now. It's a travesty to compare this offering to Epcot, DAK, or MK. I think any guest can see that.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Healthy theme parks demand variety. While there's still technically enough to fill a day, there's almost no more choice beyond that. If you're not a thrill ride fan, then you're down two rides and left with much less to do. If you have a family with small children and don't want to go on anything more mature or intense, you're down 2,3, or even 4 attractions. If you're not interested in seeing Princess Stage shows you're down 2 offerings. We could play this game all day. The above is not a problem at Magic Kingdom. If you don't want thrills you just go on dark rides or transportation offerings. If you have children, then there's a variety of offerings beyond the mature or intense. If you don't like princesses go on Big Thunder, Splash, or Pirates.

It's also too simply to say they lost just "two attractions." Besides closing a huge amount of themed areas (which is one of the reasons theme parks exist) they also lost a popular children's play area and in recent years shows have ended as well. In many cases replacements haven't been improvements and sometimes are net negatives. Stunt Show was 38 Minutes long. That doesn't include queuing, exiting, and traveling to and from the offering. That's an hour out of thousands of guest's days right there. Backlot was 35 minutes long, and with the post-show, pre-show, queuing, etc. could easily take an hour. That's two hours of a guest's day right there gone. Not to mention a loss in variety too at an already weaker park.

I think this ticket is clearly an attempt to force guests into a struggling theme that has been reportedly hammered in customer sat ratings. The new adds will be awesome, but things are dire for this park right now. It's a travesty to compare this offering to Epcot, DAK, or MK. I think any guest can see that.
I never said that the park doesn't need help. It has for years. My only statement was against the notion that "half" the park is closed. That part simply isn't true.

DDLand

I never said that the park doesn't need help. It has for years. My only statement was against the notion that "half" the park is closed. That part simply isn't true.

You said "it's really only two attractions." That's the part I took issue with. That area respresented hours of theme park diversity and was trashed. We can all agree that ultimately that will be for the better, but responding to hyperbole like "half the park was closed" (though physically that's not far off) with something that doesn't fully take into account the nuances isn't correct either.

This ticket is all about locking unsuspecting guests into a mixed arrangement.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You said "it's really only two attractions." That's the part I took issue with. That area respresented hours of theme park diversity and was trashed. We can all agree that ultimately that will be for the better, but responding to hyperbole like "half the park was closed" (though physically that's not far off) with something that doesn't fully take into account the nuances isn't correct either.

This ticket is all about locking unsuspecting guests into a mixed arrangement.
So you are obviously in the D&G Disney is only a cash grab company now crowd. So trying to save guests money by visiting all 4 parks is a bad thing to you? Looks that way from your post. Again, just because this isn't pitched at you, doesn't mean that someone else won't find it a good deal. And also remember what I sad - a new visitor who has never been there can find enough to do for a full day. Just because you can't means nothing. Lots of people claim that AK is only a half day park as well, but we can spend 2 days there. It is still a cheaper ticket for people wanting to visit all 4 parks - even if only for half a day - than a normal priced 4 day ticket.

And I guess you haven't read, in many other threads, that people claim half the park is closed. It isn't true now, and hasn't been.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah, if you think that HS isn't a full day park now, then it never was with just 5 rides.

And if you think WDW is a greedy jerk for charging people to enter a 'half day park' then you should like this 4 day ticket which is giving you a discount for entering a 'half day park.' At $70 a day, you're getting 30% off from a one-day ticket to HS.

surfsupdon

I too thought that once you left a park, you could not re enter. That your one admission was over. That was how I read the wording.

TARDIS

So glad I waited to buy my tickets!We have a short trip coming up and were going to do 4 days one at each park anyways. We've been so many times that we can just enjoy the day and eat and then ride our favorites.

Last edited:

AndrewsJ

It's also too simply to say they lost just "two attractions." Besides closing a huge amount of themed areas (which is one of the reasons theme parks exist) they also lost a popular children's play area and in recent years shows have ended as well. In many cases replacements haven't been improvements and sometimes are net negatives. Stunt Show was 38 Minutes long. That doesn't include queuing, exiting, and traveling to and from the offering. That's an hour out of thousands of guest's days right there. Backlot was 35 minutes long, and with the post-show, pre-show, queuing, etc. could easily take an hour. That's two hours of a guest's day right there gone. Not to mention a loss in variety too at an already weaker park.

Never said it was healthy. Heard your argument a million times. Anybody got anything original?

DDLand

So you are obviously in the D&G Disney is only a cash grab company now crowd. So trying to save guests money by visiting all 4 parks is a bad thing to you? Looks that way from your post. Again, just because this isn't pitched at you, doesn't mean that someone else won't find it a good deal. And also remember what I sad - a new visitor who has never been there can find enough to do for a full day. Just because you can't means nothing. Lots of people claim that AK is only a half day park as well, but we can spend 2 days there. It is still a cheaper ticket for people wanting to visit all 4 parks - even if only for half a day - than a normal priced 4 day ticket.

And I guess you haven't read, in many other threads, that people claim half the park is closed. It isn't true now, and hasn't been.
Nah, I somehow manage to tick off both the apologists and the haters. ;)

If I was looking at the data in TDO and trying to balance crowds, I would do the very same thing. The question is whether this is beneficial for guests.

It's easy for a first timer to assume that because all the parks are basically evenly priced, that you'll get essentially the same product. That's categorically not true. Not giving them the option to plan around it may not be in a guest's best interest. They just may not know that. Or they do and accept an inferior product. If you're a super Disney fan on here and willing to deal with the trade offs that's one thing, but first time guests will be forced to go to DHS.

In the end I don't think this is a terrible thing to do, in fact it's a realization that there are problems at the park, but it could leave certain people disadvantaged or upset. If you thought you paid one price for four equal parks you'll be frustrated. There is the price decrease which offsets the disadvantages, so it's a mixed bag. That's why I said "questionable." Strong arguments can be made for and against.

For me this mostly verifies what we already knew, that Hollywood Studios is struggling. They clearly want to even out crowds.

Yeah, if you think that HS isn't a full day park now, then it never was with just 5 rides.

And if you think WDW is a greedy jerk for charging people to enter a 'half day park' then you should like this 4 day ticket which is giving you a discount for entering a 'half day park.' At $70 a day, you're getting 30% off from a one-day ticket to HS.
Did anyone say that Disney was a greedy jerk? My search found your post, and before that one in August talking about Iger.

Just because an offering was lacking variety before, doesn't excuse a greater lack of variety today.

You seem to gloss over the measurable impact of losing hours of theme park experience, which is somewhat understandable given we'll be getting two new lands and hopefully more. That's alright, but to pretend that nothing changed from 2014 to 2016 is to ignore the very real loss in value. All while the price went up. This defense of mediocrity is puzzling. I feel alright because in a couple years things will be better, but it doesn't completely excuse the fact that guests coming today are subsidizing the offerings of tomorrow.
Never said it was healthy. Heard your argument a million times. Anybody got anything original?
I didn't quote you.

Though if I had it would perfectly display the power of variety. You may like something, and someone else may like something else. That's what makes a diverse theme park awesome. When diversity is lacking, the experience suffers.

Simple as that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom