New Ticket Option - 4 Park Magic Ticket

Bandini

I would actually say you have three good one day parks and one park (Magic Kingdom if you can't guess) that needs two days or even more to see in full.
I think this ticket is being issued so that guests can't return to the MK. I wonder how many first timers plan to visit all 4 parks, but after visiting the MK decide to skip their day at AK or DHS in favor of returning to the MK

Goofyernmost

I think this ticket is being issued so that guests can't return to the MK. I wonder how many first timers plan to visit all 4 parks, but after visiting the MK decide to skip their day at AK or DHS in favor of returning to the MK
I don't think that first timers that go to MK have anyway of knowing if the other three are as good as MK or not. So why would they not go to the other parks. Now return guest, and I've done it myself, might decide to spend an extra day at MK because we already know what is in the other parks. However, if I get a discount and originally planned on going to all four, I would purchase the ticket. So, those that know what they are planning to do and want to take advantage of the discount, will buy it. I know I would.

Bandini

I don't think that first timers that go to MK have anyway of knowing if the other three are as good as MK or not. So why would they not go to the other parks. Now return guest, and I've done it myself, might decide to spend an extra day at MK because we already know what is in the other parks. However, if I get a discount and originally planned on going to all four, I would purchase the ticket. So, those that know what they are planning to do and want to take advantage of the discount, will buy it. I know I would.
If a first timer visited MK day 1 and then DHS day 2, they might decide that they'd rather go back to MK rather than visiting a different park. Every time I've been to WDW, guests are talking to one another about the MK. Or I've heard people say they will use their park hopper to visit DHS or AK and then hop over to MK later.

I dont' think first timers are living in a vacuum. I think they are listening to what other guests are saying.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I think they have this ticket for those first time visitors that want to see all 4 parks and Disney is saving them some money. No more, no less. You seem to think that TWDC has some sort of evil intent behind pretty much every one of their actions. Did the job interview with them not go so well?

Bandini

I think they have this ticket for those first time visitors that want to see all 4 parks and Disney is saving them some money. No more, no less. You seem to think that TWDC has some sort of evil intent behind pretty much every one of their actions. Did the job interview with them not go so well?
Thanks for the snark. Yes, go ahead and attack me rather than presenting a valid argument. It's always the easier method.
If attendance figures were high at all 4 parks, do you think Disney would be offering this ticket? I don't.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Thanks for the snark. Yes, go ahead and attack me rather than presenting a valid argument. It's always the easier method.
If attendance figures were high at all 4 parks, do you think Disney would be offering this ticket? I don't.
Sorry, it's early morning and I haven't had enough coffee to be nice yet. Hmm, thought I had presented a valid argument - well, valid to most people. It has nothing to do with attendance at all 4 parks. The attendance has pretty much stayed the same these last few years. Why can't you see that they are offering a lower cost alternative for those visitors that want to visit all 4 parks during one shorter trip? And yes, I believe they would offer this regardless of attendance. They have offered many "deals" over the years, and this is simply one of them. Again I ask - why do you seem to believe that almost every decision the company makes has some sort of ulterior motive?

Bandini

Sorry, it's early morning and I haven't had enough coffee to be nice yet. Hmm, thought I had presented a valid argument - well, valid to most people. It has nothing to do with attendance at all 4 parks. The attendance has pretty much stayed the same these last few years. Why can't you see that they are offering a lower cost alternative for those visitors that want to visit all 4 parks during one shorter trip? And yes, I believe they would offer this regardless of attendance. They have offered many "deals" over the years, and this is simply one of them. Again I ask - why do you seem to believe that almost every decision the company makes has some sort of ulterior motive?
I don't think there's an ulterior motive. It's the same motive that has been controlling the company since Bob Iger became CEO. Increasing profits.
Disney wants their parks filled. Yes, there have been offers for years, but these have been based on projected attendance. The offers started in response to 9-11 and have been drying up as attendance continued ti increase. Now, attendance is declining so Disney is presenting this offer.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I don't think there's an ulterior motive. It's the same motive that has been controlling the company since Bob Iger became CEO. Increasing profits.
Disney wants their parks filled. Yes, there have been offers for years, but these have been based on projected attendance. The offers started in response to 9-11 and have been drying up as attendance continued ti increase. Now, attendance is declining so Disney is presenting this offer.
And that's where we completely disagree. You've been following the D&G crowd too often. They have an agenda, and will say anything to pull people to their side. Sorry, but what they spout isn't all true.

Oh, and while not as many as now, there were offers back in the 70's, 80's, and 90's - long before he became CEO, and long before 9-11. And one of the main reasons there weren't as many back then is because they only started with one park and a few resorts. Now with 4 parks and 27 resorts, they can offer more deals to those families that would love to visit WDW, but are on a budget. It really is amazing that you cannot see that.

Bandini

And that's where we completely disagree. You've been following the D&G crowd too often. They have an agenda, and will say anything to pull people to their side. Sorry, but what they spout isn't all true.

Oh, and while not as many as now, there were offers back in the 70's, 80's, and 90's - long before he became CEO, and long before 9-11. And one of the main reasons there weren't as many back then is because they only started with one park and a few resorts. Now with 4 parks and 27 resorts, they can offer more deals to those families that would love to visit WDW, but are on a budget. It really is amazing that you cannot see that.
Yes, it's the old D& G crowd that I follow. I don't even know what this means, but yes according to you I am incapable of forming my own ideas. Of course if I agreed with you, you might call me smart or innovative.
Why can't I just have differing opinion without being labeled?

Goofyernmost

If a first timer visited MK day 1 and then DHS day 2, they might decide that they'd rather go back to MK rather than visiting a different park. Every time I've been to WDW, guests are talking to one another about the MK. Or I've heard people say they will use their park hopper to visit DHS or AK and then hop over to MK later.

I don't' think first timers are living in a vacuum. I think they are listening to what other guests are saying.
Don't take this the wrong way, but, I agree they are not living in a vacuum which is why most would decide for themselves what they like or don't like. You don't find that out by not seeing what is available to them. Anyone that reads a site like this one and thinks that they have reached a fact based location are not running on all cylinders.

Because we might think that DHS has nothing of interest does not mean, even slightly, that others see it that way. I have been more times then I can count and I still enjoy it. I will admit that I either use Park Hoppers or plan the day to be doing something else for part of it. I have never felt that, either way, I wasn't getting what I wanted out of my vacation. I, however, based on my experience, know what things I want to do again and what I can skip without concern. I didn't make that decision until I had experienced everything at least once. Because of that it makes me cringe when I read post where people adamantly tell others that they should not bother with an attraction because it sucks, is overrated or any of the multitude of reasons (don't like the color of the building) (dated) that are spewed out like it should matter to a first timer. In my opinion anyone that misses out on something that they might have liked because some one with a different set of tastes tells them not too, deserves to be taken. My motto... believe nothing that you read or hear and only half of what you see. Life is much more fun that way.

Bandini

Don't take this the wrong way, but, I agree they are not living in a vacuum which is why most would decide for themselves what they like or don't like. You don't find that out by not seeing what is available to them. Anyone that reads a site like this one and thinks that they have reached a fact based location are not running on all cylinders.

Because we might think that DHS has nothing of interest does not mean, even slightly, that others see it that way. I have been more times then I can count and I still enjoy it. I will admit that I either use Park Hoppers or plan the day to be doing something else for part of it. I have never felt that, either way, I wasn't getting what I wanted out of my vacation. I, however, based on my experience, know what things I want to do again and what I can skip without concern. I didn't make that decision until I had experienced everything at least once. Because of that it makes me cringe when I read post where people adamantly tell others that they should not bother with an attraction because it sucks, is overrated or any of the multitude of reasons (don't like the color of the building) (dated) that are spewed out like it should matter to a first timer. In my opinion anyone that misses out on something that they might have liked because some one with a different set of tastes tells them not too, deserves to be taken. My motto... believe nothing that you read or hear and only half of what you see. Life is much more fun that way.
Oh, I agree. But a first timer may decide that they had so much fun at the MK that they want to revisit it. Isn't that what a vacation is all about? Making decisions for your family?
I think the 4 park ticket is a fabulous deal, but I also think it's to get people into Epcot, DHS, and AK. Especially AK and DHS. That's all I am trying to say.

Goofyernmost

Oh, I agree. But a first timer may decide that they had so much fun at the MK that they want to revisit it. Isn't that what a vacation is all about? Making decisions for your family?
I think the 4 park ticket is a fabulous deal, but I also think it's to get people into Epcot, DHS, and AK. Especially AK and DHS. That's all I am trying to say.
Well, sure, but, if they opted to go the discounted way, what makes you think that they would be disappointed until they have actually seen what they have missed. I'm sure if it got the way you described they could always upgrade, pay the extra and go wherever they want to. All it means is if you want to use the discounted ticket, this is what you bought, but, if my experience with Disney has told me anything they are always happy to get more money from anyone new or old.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yes, it's the old D& G crowd that I follow. I don't even know what this means, but yes according to you I am incapable of forming my own ideas. Of course if I agreed with you, you might call me smart or innovative.
Why can't I just have differing opinion without being labeled?
You can certainly form your own ideas, but it appears that the majority of your posts are about the evil Iger and TWDC. Completely dismissing that they might simply be offering a lower cost alternative. You don't seem able to grasp that concept, and that is sad for someone so young.

Well, we certainly agree there that it is a fabulous idea. I guess we are simply disagreeing on the reasons behind offering it. Yes, they may certainly decide that the MK is the park they want to visit again, and that gives them a reason to come back on a future visit.

Well, sure, but, if they opted to go the discounted way, what makes you think that they would be disappointed until they have actually seen what they have missed. I'm sure if it got the way you described they could always upgrade, pay the extra and go wherever they want to. All it means is if you want to use the discounted ticket, this is what you bought, but, if my experience with Disney has told me anything they are always happy to get more money from anyone new or old.
And that's something I've been trying to get across. Just because we have been many times (well, literally hundreds of visits) doesn't mean that someone else doesn't want to see all 4 parks.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

If we had listened to reviews, we would never have visited many attractions that we love, or many restaurants that are now our favorites. First time visitors should take ANY review with a grain of salt, and see it for themselves.

Bandini

You can certainly form your own ideas, but it appears that the majority of your posts are about the evil Iger and TWDC. Completely dismissing that they might simply be offering a lower cost alternative. You don't seem able to grasp that concept, and that is sad for someone so young.
You, on the other hand, don't seem to grasp the idea that your posts are condescending. I guess you need to denegrate others in order to make yourself seem superior. I've got to tell you, it's not working.

Katie G

All businesses want to increase profits, but offering a less expensive ticket option typically doesn't increase profit alone. You would have to believe that you are appealing to a new audience that would not have previously visited because the cost was too high. If not, and you just appeal to current visitors, then you are risking a significant amount of dilution since those visitors would likely have come without the ticket discount.

People tend to simplify it too much when they say that volume/attendance increases make up for the discount. But if it is all people who would've purchased at the higher price, then you just gave up a lot of profit for nothing.

With this ticket specifically, by putting the park visitation restrictions on it, then you are limiting your dilution since Guests who would've visited anyway may want to visit in a different way - like with park hopping or visiting MK multiple times, so you don't just lose money on everyone.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You, on the other hand, don't seem to grasp the idea that your posts are condescending. I guess you need to denegrate others in order to make yourself seem superior. I've got to tell you, it's not working.
So calling you young (your profile says you are only 21) is denigrating and condescending?

Bandini

So calling you young (your profile says you are only 21) is denigrating and condescending?
No, telling me I am unable to grasp a concept is denigrating and condescending. Reread your own post. My age should be irrelevant. Again, you attack the poster instead of the argument.
But I'm not going to continue with this back and forth, since other posters find these types of conversations annoying. Sorry everyone.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
No, telling me I am unable to grasp a concept is denigrating and condescending. Reread your own post. My age should be irrelevant. Again, you attack the poster instead of the argument.
But I'm not going to continue with this back and forth, since other posters find these types of conversations annoying. Sorry everyone.
My apologies to all as well. And you're right, that part was a bit much. You just have a different viewpoint, right or wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom