New Things To Try

DisneyDebNJ

I am sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it recently. This year the theme to our Disney vacation is *Now... For Something Completely Different..." since I have a tendency to do things in the name of Nostalgia (a bit of my childhood and my son's 20 yrs at Disney), my DH isn't really a fan of Disney, but loves it while we're there .. of course he does, everything is paid off!! LOL)
So what different experiences are you trying on your next Disney vacation?? Being a SERIOUS foodie and private caterer, I try as many different culinary experiences as I can each trip (hence, the F&W trips just about every year) but decided to add a few *new* experiences this year. (As I have been reprimanded by my wdwmagic friends) for not trying a Dole Whip or a Mickey Premium Bar, they will be two things I intend to try first. So... here's my list (as a part of me nervously types)

Foods .... Dole Whip (hush up LOL), Mickey Premium Bar, Fried Shrimp at CHH, Boma breakfast, WCC (skillet seems to be calling my name) Fried Fish from Yorkshire County Fish Shop (only had the chips, I know, I know!! LOL) English Bulldog Rose and Crown Pub (homage to Hatter and Crush) Captain Cook's Pork Nachos.
Experiences .... Splash Mountain (oh good Lord), Barnstormer (do we see a theme here??), Kali River Rapids (mascara... be warned) Volcano Pool slide (I know, right??? NEVER went down that thing!!) Lots of things at Typhoon Lagoon, since all I ever did was Castaway Creek and the wave pool (Hey, I was Mom, I was the one who watched cameras, etc) OK.... so what's your list of "New Things to Try" this upcoming trip?

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I am sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it recently. This year the theme to our Disney vacation is *Now... For Something Completely Different..." since I have a tendency to do things in the name of Nostalgia (a bit of my childhood and my son's 20 yrs at Disney), my DH isn't really a fan of Disney, but loves it while we're there .. of course he does, everything is paid off!! LOL)
So what different experiences are you trying on your next Disney vacation?? Being a SERIOUS foodie and private caterer, I try as many different culinary experiences as I can each trip (hence, the F&W trips just about every year) but decided to add a few *new* experiences this year. (As I have been reprimanded by my wdwmagic friends) for not trying a Dole Whip or a Mickey Premium Bar, they will be two things I intend to try first. So... here's my list (as a part of me nervously types)

Foods .... Dole Whip (hush up LOL), Mickey Premium Bar, Fried Shrimp at CHH, Boma breakfast, WCC (skillet seems to be calling my name) Fried Fish from Yorkshire County Fish Shop (only had the chips, I know, I know!! LOL) English Bulldog Rose and Crown Pub (homage to Hatter and Crush) Captain Cook's Pork Nachos.
Experiences .... Splash Mountain (oh good Lord), Barnstormer (do we see a theme here??), Kali River Rapids (mascara... be warned) Volcano Pool slide (I know, right??? NEVER went down that thing!!) Lots of things at Typhoon Lagoon, since all I ever did was Castaway Creek and the wave pool (Hey, I was Mom, I was the one who watched cameras, etc) OK.... so what's your list of "New Things to Try" this upcoming trip?
Forgot the combo ;)

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Going to stay at the Port Orleans FQ over laborday..I've always wanted to stay there even though its a MOD ..since its just the two of us this time I went ahead and booked it
POFQ was our very first resort back in 1991 when it was Dixie Landings. LOVED it and this year my son and I are making a special trip there just for a few orders of beignets. POFQ is gorgeous!!! Have fun!!!

Upvote 0

BamaDisneyFan

Don't feel bad, DisneyDebNJ, I have not had the Dole Whip either. I've only been 4 times, however I will try it next year. My disney family has not ridden the train at Magic Kingdom. I have not done Everest or mission space, I will try... No promises. I will never do Space mountain, I do not like not being able to see where I am, nor will I do Tot...heights. Our biggest thing is trying new restaurants with DH and DD being picking eaters, its kinda hard. I'm one to try something new once within reason. I guess that's it for now.... :)

Upvote 0

plaz10

Had the dole whip - wasn't THAT amazing. Good but not 'jaw dropping must have every day every trip' good

Anyway my "time for something different" list includes:

Tom Sawyers Island (I've done this before - not in a long time and fiance has never done it)
Wait for the Cowboy scene in Great Movie ride (again I've seen it - the fiance has not)
Watch Wishes from top of Contemporary (or window seat at Cali Grill - I'll take either!)
A Character breakfast (2 actually - Crystal Palace and Akershus)
Staying at POFQ (only mod I've ever stayed at was CBR)
Stay to see The Kiss Goodnight at MK

Food - Citrus Swirl at MK, Pooh's puffed french toast, Tonga toast, Grapefruit Cake from HBD (Hoping I can get it at Starring Rolls) and cupcakes at Boardwalk Bakery.

Upvote 0

littleroo

California Grill is the big one for me this trip! I am really looking forward to! Sashimi here I come!!
Via Napoli pizza, Gran Manier slushie, and multiple cupcakes top the list!

I have not been on Star Wars since it was revamped so I look forward to that!

I can't wait 25 days to go!! Yahoo!!

Upvote 0

steviej

I'm assuming you are looking for just new foods? I have a thread under restraunts and dining that is a food/drink around the world. This might give you some inspirations!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...d-drinking-around-the-world-itinerary.841840/

Also, I 2nd R & C potato leek soup but i'm pretty sure they took it off the menu. @crushdude can confirm.

really? I wonder why? I was just there in Jan. and they had it. Why would they do that? it's like their trademark dish :mad:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom