New Things To Try

DisneyDebNJ

I am sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it recently. This year the theme to our Disney vacation is *Now... For Something Completely Different..." since I have a tendency to do things in the name of Nostalgia (a bit of my childhood and my son's 20 yrs at Disney), my DH isn't really a fan of Disney, but loves it while we're there .. of course he does, everything is paid off!! LOL)
So what different experiences are you trying on your next Disney vacation?? Being a SERIOUS foodie and private caterer, I try as many different culinary experiences as I can each trip (hence, the F&W trips just about every year) but decided to add a few *new* experiences this year. (As I have been reprimanded by my wdwmagic friends) for not trying a Dole Whip or a Mickey Premium Bar, they will be two things I intend to try first. So... here's my list (as a part of me nervously types)

Foods .... Dole Whip (hush up LOL), Mickey Premium Bar, Fried Shrimp at CHH, Boma breakfast, WCC (skillet seems to be calling my name) Fried Fish from Yorkshire County Fish Shop (only had the chips, I know, I know!! LOL) English Bulldog Rose and Crown Pub (homage to Hatter and Crush) Captain Cook's Pork Nachos.
Experiences .... Splash Mountain (oh good Lord), Barnstormer (do we see a theme here??), Kali River Rapids (mascara... be warned) Volcano Pool slide (I know, right??? NEVER went down that thing!!) Lots of things at Typhoon Lagoon, since all I ever did was Castaway Creek and the wave pool (Hey, I was Mom, I was the one who watched cameras, etc) OK.... so what's your list of "New Things to Try" this upcoming trip?

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
I'm assuming you are looking for just new foods? I have a thread under restraunts and dining that is a food/drink around the world. This might give you some inspirations!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...d-drinking-around-the-world-itinerary.841840/

Also, I 2nd R & C potato leek soup but i'm pretty sure they took it off the menu. @crushdude can confirm.
No not just foods, Im sorry you misunderstood, new things... resorts, experiences, food (of course LOL) anything *new*

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Had the dole whip - wasn't THAT amazing. Good but not 'jaw dropping must have every day every trip' good

Anyway my "time for something different" list includes:

Tom Sawyers Island (I've done this before - not in a long time and fiance has never done it)
Wait for the Cowboy scene in Great Movie ride (again I've seen it - the fiance has not)
Watch Wishes from top of Contemporary (or window seat at Cali Grill - I'll take either!)
A Character breakfast (2 actually - Crystal Palace and Akershus)
Staying at POFQ (only mod I've ever stayed at was CBR)
Stay to see The Kiss Goodnight at MK

Food - Citrus Swirl at MK, Pooh's puffed french toast, Tonga toast, Grapefruit Cake from HBD (Hoping I can get it at Starring Rolls) and cupcakes at Boardwalk Bakery.
This list sounds awesome!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Redsky89

I'm gonna eat a lot more when I visit Epcot in August. I always kinda overlook those little stands outside the countries with the different food and drinks sometimes so I wanna try some of those. Usually when I'm there the only stands I visit are the funnel cake one in America and the beer one in Germany. Plus I've never done a water park so I'm doing Typhoon Lagoon.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

POLY for the 1st time- our 15h anniversary! 50 days until tonga toast, dole whip, 'Ohana (breakfast&dinner), Kona Cafe (Kna Kone for the kiddies), Lapu Lapu drinks, fireworks on the beach!, staying at a monorail resort finally!, GF 1900 Park Fare (never been: dinner), and finally the Spirit of Aloha Show (been wanting this since I was young!).:)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
really? I wonder why? I was just there in Jan. and they had it. Why would they do that? it's like their trademark dish :mad:

Its an evil conspiracy! I think we should protest! It is literally the best soup and I can't believe they removed it from the menu, but sadly, its true.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Its an evil conspiracy! I think we should protest! It is literally the best soup and I can't believe they removed it from the menu, but sadly, its true.
It was removed because the public demanded it. Just like they demanded that the Dining Plan no longer include a tip.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I am sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it recently. This year the theme to our Disney vacation is *Now... For Something Completely Different..." since I have a tendency to do things in the name of Nostalgia (a bit of my childhood and my son's 20 yrs at Disney), my DH isn't really a fan of Disney, but loves it while we're there .. of course he does, everything is paid off!! LOL)
So what different experiences are you trying on your next Disney vacation?? Being a SERIOUS foodie and private caterer, I try as many different culinary experiences as I can each trip (hence, the F&W trips just about every year) but decided to add a few *new* experiences this year. (As I have been reprimanded by my wdwmagic friends) for not trying a Dole Whip or a Mickey Premium Bar, they will be two things I intend to try first. So... here's my list (as a part of me nervously types)

Foods .... Dole Whip (hush up LOL), Mickey Premium Bar, Fried Shrimp at CHH, Boma breakfast, WCC (skillet seems to be calling my name) Fried Fish from Yorkshire County Fish Shop (only had the chips, I know, I know!! LOL) English Bulldog Rose and Crown Pub (homage to Hatter and Crush) Captain Cook's Pork Nachos.
Experiences .... Splash Mountain (oh good Lord), Barnstormer (do we see a theme here??), Kali River Rapids (mascara... be warned) Volcano Pool slide (I know, right??? NEVER went down that thing!!) Lots of things at Typhoon Lagoon, since all I ever did was Castaway Creek and the wave pool (Hey, I was Mom, I was the one who watched cameras, etc) OK.... so what's your list of "New Things to Try" this upcoming trip?

That's quite a list there Deb! You had me LOL on a couple of your comments! I can't wait to hear how all of this went.

I've got a few things on my list that are new are:

Our Resort: CBR - We love both the PO resorts but we decided we needed to try something new.
Take in a couple of shows: Nemo and Lion King - We're not 'show folks' so this will be tough..
I'm a foodie myself and will just keep working on my long running list of snacks, meals and beverages\treats that I have to get to...
So much food - so little time.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Deb, is this really food only? Darn....I was going to mention parasailing! And how about a Bellini or an Italian Margarita from Italy?
Noooo Beth ALL new experiences!!! Parasailing?? OMG how awesome!!! I will save this for when other wdwmagic fans are there to do it with me. (hint, hint) Take pics!!! Beth that is SO great!!!!!!

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
That's quite a list there Deb! You had me LOL on a couple of your comments! I can't wait to hear how all of this went.

I've got a few things on my list that are new are:

Our Resort: CBR - We love both the PO resorts but we decided we needed to try something new.
Take in a couple of shows: Nemo and Lion King - We're not 'show folks' so this will be tough..
I'm a foodie myself and will just keep working on my long running list of snacks, meals and beverages\treats that I have to get to...
So much food - so little time.
I LOVE Lion King!!!! (I know, Im a sap) Sigh, can you see my TR??? Heading.... "We went to Disney and wound up being asked to leave" LOL

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
No not just foods, Im sorry you misunderstood, new things... resorts, experiences, food (of course LOL) anything *new*

Oh excellent! That is very good then!
At MK - stay for A Kiss Goodnight, make a wish in the wishing well, take the horse drawn carriage up and down main street, have a doll whip!
At Epcot - eat and drink around the world taking pics of the drinks and the food with hats and flags from that country
At DHS - watch the street performers,grab a malt at your favorite spot!
At AK - see De'Vine, stroll down all the paths looking for hidden surprises, like a hidden jafar!

I'm not sure where you are staying but also - you can rent surrey bikes at the boardwalk or catch a movie under the stars

How long are you staying? Where are you staying? And what are the dates?

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
I forgot the kiss goodnight!! OMG YES, a MUST DO!! We stay at the Poly, for 7 days (24 days if it was up to me) Something tells me, I may have to do a second trip after October!! (I may have to give DH CPR if I book again!! LOL)

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
POLY for the 1st time- our 15h anniversary! 50 days until tonga toast, dole whip, 'Ohana (breakfast&dinner), Kona Cafe (Kna Kone for the kiddies), Lapu Lapu drinks, fireworks on the beach!, staying at a monorail resort finally!, GF 1900 Park Fare (never been: dinner), and finally the Spirit of Aloha Show (been wanting this since I was young!).:)
Awesome lineup! Poly is our fav resort!! You will fall in love all over again at the Poly!! and a word to the wise on those Lapu Lapu's they sneak up on you!! Have a GREAT vacation!!! Mahalo!!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I LOVE Lion King!!!! (I know, Im a sap) Sigh, can you see my TR??? Heading.... "We went to Disney and wound up being asked to leave" LOL
Hahaha! Oh yeah I was planning on doing a trip report myself. However with all the tasty beverage threads with you, Hatter, Crush and the rest of the crew I'm afraid there is going to be some serious alcohol sampling...My TR may also have a similar heading "Shookie 2012: Banned for Life"

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Hahaha! Oh yeah I was planning on doing a trip report myself. However with all the tasty beverage threads with you, Hatter, Crush and the rest of the crew I'm afraid there is going to be some serious alcohol sampling...My TR may also have a similar heading "Shookie 2012: Banned for Life"
OMG LOLOLOL!!! Can you see us all???? Holy smokes... one word... SECURITY!!!! A trip of a lifetime, I think LOL

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom