New Things To Try

DisneyDebNJ

I am sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it recently. This year the theme to our Disney vacation is *Now... For Something Completely Different..." since I have a tendency to do things in the name of Nostalgia (a bit of my childhood and my son's 20 yrs at Disney), my DH isn't really a fan of Disney, but loves it while we're there .. of course he does, everything is paid off!! LOL)
So what different experiences are you trying on your next Disney vacation?? Being a SERIOUS foodie and private caterer, I try as many different culinary experiences as I can each trip (hence, the F&W trips just about every year) but decided to add a few *new* experiences this year. (As I have been reprimanded by my wdwmagic friends) for not trying a Dole Whip or a Mickey Premium Bar, they will be two things I intend to try first. So... here's my list (as a part of me nervously types)

Foods .... Dole Whip (hush up LOL), Mickey Premium Bar, Fried Shrimp at CHH, Boma breakfast, WCC (skillet seems to be calling my name) Fried Fish from Yorkshire County Fish Shop (only had the chips, I know, I know!! LOL) English Bulldog Rose and Crown Pub (homage to Hatter and Crush) Captain Cook's Pork Nachos.
Experiences .... Splash Mountain (oh good Lord), Barnstormer (do we see a theme here??), Kali River Rapids (mascara... be warned) Volcano Pool slide (I know, right??? NEVER went down that thing!!) Lots of things at Typhoon Lagoon, since all I ever did was Castaway Creek and the wave pool (Hey, I was Mom, I was the one who watched cameras, etc) OK.... so what's your list of "New Things to Try" this upcoming trip?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
CBR is nice, but much more spreadout than either PO, but we enjoy the stroll to the main building to refill our mugs. As for the shows you are picking the best two to try out!
So much food - so little time is the theme of most of our WDW trips!

Very happy to hear this! We did a little resort hop to the CBR our last trip and I liked what I saw.
Hard to beat the charm of the PO resorts but like I said - never hurts to try something new!

Yeah I've said it before although we're not 'show' people - I've yet to be let down by any of the ones we did attend while at Disney! So might as well see the two big ones right?

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
For the love of Pete, Shookie, what all is on your Food & Wine Festival list?
LOL!! it's a little bit decieving because when you import into the app it puts Every single thing in -- including the headers --as tasks.
So for example "Argentia" is listed as "to do task" but I got all the beers and wines and other libations listed.
So I may have over did it a bit....but better to have Everything and not need it then miss some of those freakin' gems right!!??

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

LOL!! it's a little bit decieving because when you import into the app it puts Every single thing in -- including the headers --as tasks.
So for example "Argentia" is listed as "to do task" but I got all the beers and wines and other libations listed.
So I may have over did it a bit....but better to have Everything and not need it then miss some of those freakin' gems right!!??

AMEN to that! At WDW we want NO regrets!

Upvote 0

laxchik18

woww..i know everyone said this but let me reiterate, you must have a dole whip..ok also go to teppan edo in japan AMAZING!! all the different courses of crushn gusher at typhoon lagoon

Upvote 0

twinnstar

On my last trip I went solo, so I did a lot of the things I've never done since no one was holding be back haha ;)

Next trip... I do need to go to Jellyrolls, or some of the "late night" places near Boardwalk :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom