New Things To Try

DisneyDebNJ

I am sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it recently. This year the theme to our Disney vacation is *Now... For Something Completely Different..." since I have a tendency to do things in the name of Nostalgia (a bit of my childhood and my son's 20 yrs at Disney), my DH isn't really a fan of Disney, but loves it while we're there .. of course he does, everything is paid off!! LOL)
So what different experiences are you trying on your next Disney vacation?? Being a SERIOUS foodie and private caterer, I try as many different culinary experiences as I can each trip (hence, the F&W trips just about every year) but decided to add a few *new* experiences this year. (As I have been reprimanded by my wdwmagic friends) for not trying a Dole Whip or a Mickey Premium Bar, they will be two things I intend to try first. So... here's my list (as a part of me nervously types)

Foods .... Dole Whip (hush up LOL), Mickey Premium Bar, Fried Shrimp at CHH, Boma breakfast, WCC (skillet seems to be calling my name) Fried Fish from Yorkshire County Fish Shop (only had the chips, I know, I know!! LOL) English Bulldog Rose and Crown Pub (homage to Hatter and Crush) Captain Cook's Pork Nachos.
Experiences .... Splash Mountain (oh good Lord), Barnstormer (do we see a theme here??), Kali River Rapids (mascara... be warned) Volcano Pool slide (I know, right??? NEVER went down that thing!!) Lots of things at Typhoon Lagoon, since all I ever did was Castaway Creek and the wave pool (Hey, I was Mom, I was the one who watched cameras, etc) OK.... so what's your list of "New Things to Try" this upcoming trip?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I forgot the kiss goodnight!! OMG YES, a MUST DO!! We stay at the Poly, for 7 days (24 days if it was up to me) Something tells me, I may have to do a second trip after October!! (I may have to give DH CPR if I book again!! LOL)

At Poly, check out this site if you have not done so already: http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/index.php

Sleep on a hammock on the beach, watch the electric parade, Kona Cafe for Tonga Toast, watch the torch lighting ceremony, get a coffee (the best!), go to the MNSSHP.

I'll keep thinking :)

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
At Poly, check out this site if you have not done so already: http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/index.php

Sleep on a hammock on the beach, watch the electric parade, Kona Cafe for Tonga Toast, watch the torch lighting ceremony, get a coffee (the best!), go to the MNSSHP.

I'll keep thinking :)
Yes, Yes and Yes!! Have to admit never slept in the hammock but after 10 visits, I sure did alot of relaxing in them :D. Tikiman is the BEST for Poly info!! We are on there too!! But in all my visits to my beloved Poly, have I enjoyed my Tonga Toast, everyone seems to eat more than I do!! LOL

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Deb, is this really food only? Darn....I was going to mention parasailing! And how about a Bellini or an Italian Margarita from Italy?

I knocked parasailing off my list my first year...WHAT A BLAST! Parasailing is fun to begin with...at Disney!?? Off the charts!
Based on my last post I know I shouldn't ask this but.....
What is an Italian Margarita!???

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

I knocked parasailing off my list my first year...WHAT A BLAST! Parasailing is fun to begin with...at Disney!?? Off the charts!
Based on my last post I know I shouldn't ask this but.....
What is an Italian Margarita!???

I've always wanted to try parasailing so, where better than WDW right?

Italian Margarita - Frozen Limoncello, Grappa and Margarita (Italy Gelato Stand.) That stand could keep me busy all afternoon by the looks of the menu.

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

Deb, have you ever tried a Wishes Fireworks Cruise? We've done them both from the Poly and EPCOT and love it. Usually the weather is awesome (breezy) and the boat pilots are often a riot.

Upvote 0

Tusportsfan

One other option for something really different, and a truly unique experience - the Aqua Seas Tour at the Seas.

We took our daughter swimming with the fishies for her 8th birthday, and she had an absolute blast. Nothing beats getting bumped by a sea turtle in the tank, though the look on my wife's face when she realized we had to parade through the pavillion in the wet suits was a close second!!

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Deb, have you ever tried a Wishes Fireworks Cruise? We've done them both from the Poly and EPCOT and love it. Usually the weather is awesome (breezy) and the boat pilots are often a riot.
No, never did the fireworks cruise. Did have an Illuminations cruise booked last year, but trip was cancelled, so there went the cruise.

Upvote 0

mickeysbrother

Been 43 times and finally had a dole whip last year. All because of you wonderful people...I THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH :) Things to try in September will be a dole whip again. Gf wasn't with me last time, only the daughter and the X. So i have to pretend to have it all over again. :) I can do it. OH OH OH i know try and get a free turkey leg in DHS. If you see me flapping my wings come and say hi

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

I am sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it recently. This year the theme to our Disney vacation is *Now... For Something Completely Different..." since I have a tendency to do things in the name of Nostalgia (a bit of my childhood and my son's 20 yrs at Disney), my DH isn't really a fan of Disney, but loves it while we're there .. of course he does, everything is paid off!! LOL)
So what different experiences are you trying on your next Disney vacation?? Being a SERIOUS foodie and private caterer, I try as many different culinary experiences as I can each trip (hence, the F&W trips just about every year) but decided to add a few *new* experiences this year. (As I have been reprimanded by my wdwmagic friends) for not trying a Dole Whip or a Mickey Premium Bar, they will be two things I intend to try first. So... here's my list (as a part of me nervously types)

Foods .... Dole Whip (hush up LOL), Mickey Premium Bar, Fried Shrimp at CHH, Boma breakfast, WCC (skillet seems to be calling my name) Fried Fish from Yorkshire County Fish Shop (only had the chips, I know, I know!! LOL) English Bulldog Rose and Crown Pub (homage to Hatter and Crush) Captain Cook's Pork Nachos.
Experiences .... Splash Mountain (oh good Lord), Barnstormer (do we see a theme here??), Kali River Rapids (mascara... be warned) Volcano Pool slide (I know, right??? NEVER went down that thing!!) Lots of things at Typhoon Lagoon, since all I ever did was Castaway Creek and the wave pool (Hey, I was Mom, I was the one who watched cameras, etc) OK.... so what's your list of "New Things to Try" this upcoming trip?

Great thread Deb!

Our August trip we are trying the Dessert Party, the Family Magic Tour and the Private Cruise to view Illuminations. This is also the frist time we will be eating the the Crystal Palace.

December we are scheduled to dine at V and A's Queens Table. We are also attending at wedding reception at the Coral Reef. A whole new way to experience Disney for us. Less parks and more enjoying our surroundings.

There are many firsts coming our way and I didn't realize it until I started to type them out! Thanks Deb, I am even more excited now! xoxo

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

I've always wanted to try parasailing so, where better than WDW right?

Italian Margarita - Frozen Limoncello, Grappa and Margarita (Italy Gelato Stand.) quote]

Oh boy... my coworker had to shake me out of daze just now...apparently after reading this - my eyes rolled back in my head and I started drooling....too many incredible things in one sentence...sensory overload

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

Shookie, have you purchased your "bigger boy pants" for the trip home? I'm definitely packing larger pants for the ride home, just in case. Short of running behind all my busses, I don't know how I could get home in the same size I arrived with the food and beverage list I've amassed.
LOL!!!
You know, truth be told - going at the park commando pace we've been doing the last few years I amazingly never really gained that much from the trips.

HOWEVER this year entails a few wild cards:

1.Hanging out with you guys on the board has tripled my "to do snack list"
2. The shame of having to come back here and report that I didn't accomplish a good portion of the forementioned "to do list" has almost gauranteed I will consume most of said list,
3. First experience with the F&W festival.....

Yeah I better start shopping for stretchy pajama jeans.

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

LOL!!!
You know, truth be told - going at the park commando pace we've been doing the last few years I amazingly never really gained that much from the trips.

HOWEVER this year entails a few wild cards:

1.Hanging out with you guys on the board has tripled my "to do snack list"
2. The shame of having to come back here and report that I didn't accomplish a good portion of the forementioned "to do list" has almost gauranteed I will consume most of said list,
3. First experience with the F&W festival.....

Yeah I better start shopping for stretchy pajama jeans.

You DO have your work cut out for you! Yea, we better see alot of snacks and beverages crossed off that list or your street cred is toast...and not Tonga! First time at F & W Fest? You literally will be like Templeton at the fair my friend. Awesome time! ;)

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

That's quite a list there Deb! You had me LOL on a couple of your comments! I can't wait to hear how all of this went.

I've got a few things on my list that are new are:

Our Resort: CBR - We love both the PO resorts but we decided we needed to try something new.
Take in a couple of shows: Nemo and Lion King - We're not 'show folks' so this will be tough..
I'm a foodie myself and will just keep working on my long running list of snacks, meals and beverages\treats that I have to get to...
So much food - so little time.

CBR is nice, but much more spreadout than either PO, but we enjoy the stroll to the main building to refill our mugs. As for the shows you are picking the best two to try out!
So much food - so little time is the theme of most of our WDW trips!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom