New theme parks?

amandagibbins

Original Poster
I don't know if this subject has been on before but when we went to WDW in November we joined up to DVC and heard a rumour of Disney building up to 5 new theme parks in florida when we asked a guy at DVC about it he took a long pause then said well put it this way we have enough room Mmmm what do you guys think?

SirGoofy

I don't know if this subject has been on before but when we went to WDW in November we joined up to DVC and heard a rumour of Disney building up to 5 new theme parks in florida when we asked a guy at DVC about it he took a long pause then said well put it this way we have enough room Mmmm what do you guys think?

Sorry my friend, you've been had. There won't be one new park for a very long time, let alone 5.

amandagibbins

Original Poster
Oh well theres not enough time to conquer the other four parks anyway three weeks in WDW still missed things it just means ill have to go back:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Scar Junior

Man DVC will make you think anything to join won't they...

My thoughts exactly!

By saying "well put it this way, we have enough room..." he isn't saying anything is true or not true, but rather telling you an unrelated fact that will allow your minds to dream and get excited... and thus ensure the sale. Smart move.

PhilharMagician

Oh yeah, we heard that there were three more parks on the drawing board when we signed up. They were very nice people, but they were out for one thing. SALES. They also usually talk about the monorail expansion.

Brian Noble

How can you tell when a timeshare salesman is lying?
His lips move. ;)

(Actually, the DVC salesfolk are generally pretty reasonable, in part because they've got a product that practically seems to sell itself.)

Plutoboy

AS a former cast member and the younger brother of a woman who is in Imagineering in California I may be able shed some info here......

out of the 30, 000 or a little less acres that comprises WDW only 1/4 of that has been developed. ANother 1/4 is set aside as a wildlife preserve and cannot be touched. That leave approxiamtely 15,000 acres for future use.

Now does that mean that Disney is going to go on a building spree??? It's not very likely as Mr. Iger's main focus right now is international expansion and getting the state side parks back in shape (DCA, AK and Studios) as well as adding onto and improving the parks that have made Disney so well loved.

Is a 5th, 6th or even a 7th park ever out of the question......ofcourse not!!! Are we going to see it in our life-times.....that's questionable:confused: . I do believe at some point and possibly within the next decade we will see a 2nd DTD, a 5th theme park and maybe a 3rd water park. But do not expect to see anything...anytime soon

Besides there is currently too much can be added onto and created within the current 4 parks to even consider building any more here in Florida. Fix what you have first and then look at expanding.

Just my 2 cents:p

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Oh yeah, we heard that there were three more parks on the drawing board when we signed up. They were very nice people, but they were out for one thing. SALES. They also usually talk about the monorail expansion.
Sounds like the DVC sales staff is trying to one up the transportation staff.:lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
AS a former cast member and the younger brother of a woman who is in Imagineering in California I may be able shed some info here......

out of the 30, 000 or a little less acres that comprises WDW only 1/4 of that has been developed. ANother 1/4 is set aside as a wildlife preserve and cannot be touched. That leave approxiamtely 15,000 acres for future use.
Not nearly all that 15,000 cares can be developed. Remember WDW`s water control system? Excessive development will effect the careful balance between flood and drought. I don`t have the exact figures to hand, but a large proportion of `empty` land (not including wetlands) will never be built on as it`s designated a flood zone by RCID.

Look at a topological map of the property - nearly all the main developed areas are on naturally high areas of ground. The original 3 were used for the MK area, LBV and E.P.C.O.T (as planned - obviously the EPCOT Center area was finally built on it)

amandagibbins

Original Poster
IT was NOT the DVC salesman who mentioned anything about the 5 other parks i heard it elsewhere outside of Disney and mentioned it to the man who took us to ssr for the DVC tour but if they did build another park what themes would they use???

amandagibbins

Original Poster
mine too there was no pressure we went away and thought about it Disney sells itself we live in the U.K and hes rang us to see if were ok and sent us a card through the post i can't wait to go back no wages for me for the next 19 months Disney saving

jedimaster1227

Besides there is currently too much can be added onto and created within the current 4 parks to even consider building any more here in Florida. Fix what you have first and then look at expanding.

That is the mentality Mr. Iger is taking, and for that, I am very glad! :D

Mansion Butler

Now does that mean that Disney is going to go on a building spree??? It's not very likely as Mr. Iger's main focus right now is international expansion and getting the state side parks back in shape (DCA, AK and Studios) as well as adding onto and improving the parks that have made Disney so well loved.

Is a 5th, 6th or even a 7th park ever out of the question......ofcourse not!!! Are we going to see it in our life-times.....that's questionable:confused: . I do believe at some point and possibly within the next decade we will see a 2nd DTD, a 5th theme park and maybe a 3rd water park. But do not expect to see anything...anytime soon

As a CM I've heard from similar people pretty much the same thing as you, except I usually hear it divided into thirds, not fourths. Obviously a trivial difference.

Suffice to say there is room for 4 or 5 more parks. That doesn't mean there will be. I don't think we're too far from a 5th gate (I don't mean immediate, I just mean some day) and I have little doubt there will be 6 or 7 before I die. While that's an interesting thought, it's not something that should factor into buying into the DVC.

Not to condemn the DVC. My best friend is a happy investor.

SirGoofy

So while we're on the topic, am I the only one who thinks one more park is over kill? I mean there's barely enough time to do everything now. How will there be enough time with 5?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I think it will be MUCH sooner.

IT was NOT the DVC salesman who mentioned anything about the 5 other parks i heard it elsewhere outside of Disney and mentioned it to the man who took us to ssr for the DVC tour but if they did build another park what themes would they use???

Your guess is as good as anyone else's ! :wave:

So while we're on the topic, am I the only one who thinks one more park is over kill? I mean there's barely enough time to do everything now. How will there be enough time with 5?

It just means people will have to take longer vacations.

When WDW was first built, you could do everyting in 1 or 2 days. Evey time a new park was built, people would have to extend their time at Disney in order to see it all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom