New theme parks?

Mansion Butler

So while we're on the topic, am I the only one who thinks one more park is over kill? I mean there's barely enough time to do everything now. How will there be enough time with 5?

You're probably not the only one, but I like the idea of there to be more to do. So you might not get everything done, is that really a problem? Is having something new to do on a later trip a bad thing? What about those who are there frequently, it gives them more to do.

Gaston

The sole reason for spending around a Billion
dollars for a new "thrills" park would be to
put a nail in the coffin to the Universal Parks.
It would be designed to deal a serious blow
to the biggest competitor to Walt Disney World.

That is my take...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

That is my take...

I really don't think that Disney takes Universal as serious competition to their bottm line.

If anything I think that Universal is good for Disney.

Epcot82Guy

I think that is very true in regards to vacationers' dollars. However, where Universal does pose serious competition (and problems) is in competition for workers. IMHO, perhaps the biggest reason against another major expansion is simply the lack of O-Town area people to fill the places. It simply is not that large of a city. Having other large employers in this same, niche market makes for troublesome career fairs.

unkadug

I think that is very true in regards to vacationers' dollars. However, where Universal does pose serious competition (and problems) is in competition for workers. IMHO, perhaps the biggest reason against another major expansion is simply the lack of O-Town area people to fill the places. It simply is not that large of a city. Having other large employers in this same, niche market makes for troublesome career fairs.

Good point. While the tourists may support another gate, it's going to be hard to fully staff it with capable bodies.

jedimaster1227

That is my take...

Actually...no. Universal, while a competitor in Disney's eyes, hasn't caused Disney to do anything since the creation of MGM (basically an excuse to counter the studios), but other than that, you don't have much to really support that statement. If you really do want to be bold enough to say that Disney is trying to deal a blow to Universal, I can tell you that the blow was already dealt on May 1st, 1989. :animwink:

I really don't think that Disney takes Universal as serious competition to their bottm line.

If anything I think that Universal is good for Disney.

I agree wholeheartedly! Universal, while not a major driving force in Disney's eye since 1989 still does influence Disney's most minor decisions, but I think you can see that the two's history mirrors each other in some ways more than others (closure of the studio facilities, long-kept stage shows, etc...).

It's coming, hence the new DVC/RESORTS that will be built with monorail platforms.

I hope you aren't serious! :lookaroun

unkadug

If you are referring to the Contemporary addition, then it doesn't really surprise me, as it is already on the existing monorail route.

ToTBellHop

To be honest I don't know, all I know is that the new resort will have a monorail platform.
someone was pulling your leg. If they were ever going to expand the monorail, which will not happen anytime soon, it would not be to Animal Kingdom Lodge...that's a ways out and would cost a fortune; the monorail also has no place at either AKL or Animal Kingdom. It kinda goes against the theme.

CaptainMichael

someone was pulling your leg. If they were ever going to expand the monorail, which will not happen anytime soon, it would not be to Animal Kingdom Lodge...that's a ways out and would cost a fortune; the monorail also has no place at either AKL or Animal Kingdom. It kinda goes against the theme.

Perhaps they'd build a platform for the Contemporary DVC...

slappy magoo

The more I think about even the mere possibility of a 5th. park (let alone mmore than 5) the more steamed I get. The Studios & Animal Kingdom are still in need of more attractions to make them full-day parks. I can let AK slide more because of the nature of the park (no pun intended). If you think of it as a combo park and zoo there's a lot to do but it still needs more. The Studios is in desperate need of an overhaul, so much of it is terribly outdated. They need to build up all the parks to be comparable to each other, then maybe talk about a 5th. park.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well,I can tell you that something is going on at the Stolport area. They are laying some either plumbing or electrical conduit at one end(near Wilderness Lodge), and were putting new asphalt on the other end.

47b7df39b3127cce80bfa9c85fb200000016108IZNWTJyzaa

47b7df39b3127cce80bfa9a65fdc00000016108IZNWTJyzaa

Mansion Butler

the monorail also has no place at either AKL or Animal Kingdom. It kinda goes against the theme.

Now wait just a second. It fits theme in a Florida victorian palace, a turn-of-the century main-street and a polynesian village? At least at AK you could tie in the eco-friendly design.

I agree with everything else, but theming is not the issue.

I wish he was pulling my leg because I know posts like these create lots of controversy but it's going to happen. He never said anything about the monorail being expanded, just that the new resort will have a monorail platform and yes a 5th park is coming.

DisneyMusician2

God I hope not. Perhaps I am one of the minority, but I think they could STOP building other parks around the world, and worry more about maintaining the ones that they have. An additional park in Florida would be a waste of resources that could be used to really improve the exisiting parks, in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom