News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
2000 people every 90 min isn't that much and wouldn't do that much for crowd levels. That equates to about 1300/hr, and it wouldn't fill the whole 90 minutes (performers need time to regroup, break, etc., logistics of loading/unloading). I don't think the theater was the answer to the crowd problems. Would be much better to build a solid D-ticket ride (very popular, but not something that would serve as a specific draw to the park) that could serve 2000+ guests per hour. That would go a long way to helping park capacity.
The perfect show would be one with minimal characters, minimal scenery, and running continuously for 8 to 10 hours per day.

I call it Waiting for Godawrsh, where Mickey encounters Goofy sitting on a non-existent park bench, reflecting on the absurdity of the theme park character experience. In a nod to the Carousel of Progress, the audience seats rotate in six segments so people can swap out as two segments pass by the entrance and exit of the theater.

This has the added advantage of subliminally building demand for all those Trivial Pursuit - Disney Edition games they have in the warehouses.

GlacierGlacier

Just to play devil's advocate (because I really do believe that the theater project is dead), but there wasn't any mention of Ratatouille either and we know that project isn't dead.
There was, in fact, reference to Ratatouille. In the blog post referencing all the "New and exciting Pixar attractions around the world" linked here. It has included in the last few paragraphs information reminding you that Ratatouille is still a thing.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Why is DHS any different than the other parks, they all have multiple projects being done. Animal Kingdom was updating/reinventing it's nightlife right before Pandora opened, Epcot is working on multiple attractions, some are high profile and some aren't, Magic Kingdom is working on Tron and a theater (possibly).

The point being is DHS as a park needs desperate help besides Star Wars: Galaxy Edge, They need to learn that this new land is not the answer for DHS and multitask quickly.
We are getting toy story land the year prior and the Mickey D/E ticket. That's three new rides in the lead up to star wars land. DHS is probably doing more multitasking than any other park. Maybe not the multitasking we want, but they are juggling several big projects there.

JCtheparrothead

From what I have heard that this theater was cancelled due to what was below the ground. Old pipes that needed to be upgraded and would directly affect Tony’s and Town hall for several months. It is dead for sure but I have heard about a Hawaiian volcano and a certain girl rising somewhere in the park in its place (rumor but from a reliable source).

Nickels5

From what I have heard that this theater was cancelled due to what was below the ground. Old pipes that needed to be upgraded and would directly affect Tony’s and Town hall for several months. It is dead for sure but I have heard about a Hawaiian volcano and a certain girl rising somewhere in the park in its place (rumor but from a reliable source).
If we get a Moana volcano mountain ride I’ll faint.

EricsBiscuit

After Cars Land and the fifth gate right?

TTA94

My source has been right 100% of the time. I don’t say much but when I do it usually happens.

I have a feeling there’s gonna be a makeover over the Tiki Room for a Volcano Moana show... :rolleyes:. I think that was a rumor at one point.
Are your sources saying we are still going to be waiting until 2021 for a nighttime parade?

nickys

Premium Member

You'd think they'd know where their pipes were! Not saying the info's wrong, just surprised they wouldn't have known exactly what was underneath. And if the pipes need upgraded wouldn't that have to be done anyway? Or are they going to bury them again and hope for the best? :eek:

JCtheparrothead

You'd think they'd know where their pipes were! Not saying the info's wrong, just surprised they wouldn't have known exactly what was underneath. And if the pipes need upgraded wouldn't that have to be done anyway? Or are they going to bury them again and hope for the best? :eek:
They knew they were there but they were the original pipes. They would have had to be brought up to code all the way to the buildings I mentioned in Main Street.

msg7

Good concept, bad location.

Spash007

Awhile back I feel like there was the rumor that the Dragon's Tower coaster meant for Beastly Kingdom was going to be adapted to Moana and put on the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon. I feel like that placement could be a logistical nightmare, but if that could be back on the table, that would be awesome.

CaptainAmerica

If we get a Moana volcano mountain ride I’ll faint.
Could be a tough fit thematically. I'd personally love the idea, as I consider Moana to be Disney's strongest effort since The Lion King. But little girls love Moana and little girls don't love roller coasters (or, more accurately, aren't tall enough to ride them). A proper Te Ka coaster would need to have a height limit of at least 40 inches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom