News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

No Name

@disney4life2008, the point is that people aren't "watching a show for free" when they paid to get into the park. It's an additional attraction which adds value, value which would be recuperated in price increases, but regardless, you're still paying to see it. No addition to any Disney park is free unless you're watching fireworks from the parking lot.

JoeCamel

@disney4life2008, the point is that people aren't "watching a show for free" when they paid to get into the park. It's an additional attraction which adds value, value which would be recuperated in price increases, but regardless, you're still paying to see it. No addition to any Disney park is free unless you're watching fireworks from the parking lot.
Upppp. Parking is$22 please. Nothing free there

No Name

But they could quadruple the profit from the theater if they charged everyone a minimum 50$ ticket.

They could but I'm not sure there's a market. If a million people are willing to pay $50 extra, they get 50 million dollars. If 20+ million people pay $3 extra for their ticket to the park, they get 60+ million dollars. I think including it and raising the price of a ticket is smarter than charging extra.

Upppp. Parking is$22 please. Nothing free there

Haha I stand corrected. Okay, if you walk to the park, break in illegally, and don't get caught, then additions are free.

disney4life2008

My point is that they will charge for a show in a place where people are already spending money at those horrible expensive restaurants in Disney springs. Btw im not looking for anyone to agree with me. This is my perspective, period.

disney4life2008

They could but I'm not sure there's a market. If a million people are willing to pay $50 extra, they get 50 million dollars. If 20+ million people pay $3 extra for their ticket to the park, they get 60+ million dollars. I think including it and raising the price of a ticket is smarter than charging extra.

Haha I stand corrected. Okay, if you walk to the park, break in illegally, and don't get caught, then additions are free.

Why does parking need to be $22? It will be $25 in 2019.

disney4life2008

But they could quadruple the profit from the theater if they charged everyone a minimum 50$ ticket.

Exactly my point. Why put something of that scale in magic Kingdom? Granted it would disperse crowds perhaps. But another location makes perfect sense when they know tourists will pay top dollar for anything at Disney.

RSoxNo1

This is simple. They are not putting a theater where people can watch a show for free. They can get away with it at animal kingdom because that park just barely is 3 quarters of a day thanks to 3 hour waits in pandora. Disney springs is likely on the table. Ironically it would appeal to me because those circus shows are terrible.
When did entrance into the Magic Kingdom become free?

disney4life2008

When did entrance into the Magic Kingdom become free?

You wish! My point is clear, once you are in the magic Kingdom why offer a show that can hold hundreds of people her showing where they are not paying? Disney has become so greedy that you would be crazy not to think they have assessed how they can charge for something like this in the magic Kingdom. Check those awful cabanas.

UpAllNight

I understand the frustration if this has been scrapped in favour of a Disney Springs kind of show...but I’d actually enjoy the opportunity to take in a (presumably superior) show at Disney Springs, have a few drinks and a nice meal in the evening. The issue being, there’s a market and demand for it, as annoying as that may be. I’ve seen Lion King and Aladdin in the West End, and they are superior to any daytime in a park in my opinion.

GeneralKnowledge

Ironically it would appeal to me because those circus shows are terrible.
My point is that they will charge for a show in a place where people are already spending money at those horrible expensive restaurants in Disney springs.

I hope you realize you’ve limited your ability to have a valid, sophisticated opinion by discrediting the spectacular La Nouba and the myriad of wonderful dining options at Disney Springs. You should probably go back and finish your meal at Tony’s Town Square and then see if they’ll let you get in for one last showing of Stitches Great Escape.

In all seriousness though, an in park theater charging significant ticket prices might draw a small crowd but it would certainly be limited. If they were to go that route, they’d be better off putting it outside the gates at Disney Springs, but I’m sure there would be tension with Cirque du Soleil if they did that.

GeneralKnowledge

There's various other locations that could work outside of a gate. Like The Grand Floridian, The Contemporary, or the Boardwalk. all of those options are a short monorail or within walking distance of a park gate.

True but Disney Springs already has the parking infrastructure available. The Boardwalk is a good idea. With a little work it could be a significant draw for nighttime activity. It pains me to see the Atlantic Dance Hall empty every time I walk by. It’s such a huge venue If they expanded the parking and made it more accessible to guests of other resorts they could actually do some business there.

disney4life2008

I hope you realize you’ve limited your ability to have a valid, sophisticated opinion by discrediting the spectacular La Nouba and the myriad of wonderful dining options at Disney Springs. You should probably go back and finish your meal at Tony’s Town Square and then see if they’ll let you get in for one last showing of Stitches Great Escape.

In all seriousness though, an in park theater charging significant ticket prices might draw a small crowd but it would certainly be limited. If they were to go that route, they’d be better off putting it outside the gates at Disney Springs, but I’m sure there would be tension with Cirque du Soleil if they did that.

LOL Cirque is not my thing. Neither is Tonys lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom